ADVERTISEMENT

Punks in MAGA hats

I'm not enabling anyone nor am I grasping straws. I can watch the video evidence and see what happens. If you want to twist this back on the kids when 1) the first group of protesters engaged them and 2) the native Americans inserted themselves in the middle by walking up to the kids...then fine.

Everyone blaming these kids are pointing to the fact they have maga hats as a reason to label them, attack them or blame them when there is plenty of blame to go around. This would be a non-story in the absence of those hats.

Wrong. Absolutely wrong. I've recognized punk ass kids all my life. Been one many times too, but fortunately I had adults in my life who helped point it out and thankfully I raised 2 kids who are more discerning in that area than I was.

Again, how the first group treated these kids has no bearing on how they behaved towards the Indian group. If someone is a dick to me in traffic, it doesn't give me the right to cut you off and I struggle to understand how you even make such a leap.

Reactions: raar2
No egg. The kids got a great pr firm. I’ve seen much more video. The kids absolutely were mocking him, tomahawk chops and all. There is also video if them harassing girls. They are who we thought they were. Morons in MAGA hats. And now the rest of the MAGA hats want to turn them into heroes. But that makes sense, considering who their real hero is, a man with no morals, no ethics, no brains, and a bully and liar.,

Reactions: MaxCoke
The kid with the smile should have busted the guy with the drum in the mouth. That’s what he had coming to him for putting drum up in his face and beating on it. He was trying to instigate a fight.

Reactions: raar2
Yeah, the kids were a problem, imo. Read the kids account above and watch the video. Those 2 accounts don't align... unless the "school chants and cheers" the kids were doing to try and "diffuse" the situation are the tomahawk chop and indian chanting, which seems unlikely since it appears their school nickname is the Colonels. If not, then 1) he's lying in his explanation and 2) the kids were mocking the Indian group. Also, he didn't smile at him once, he was smiling with that smirk on his face almost the entire time, which I think was what prompted the drummer to stop and "address" him. Was he right? Nope. But of the 3 groups there, I believe they were the only ones who had a permit to be assembling there, so they acknowledged they might be chanting/protesting, etc... Oh, and lastly, the kid chose to wear a MAGA hat, which already conveys a particular message. If he didn't want to "incite" anything, another poor choice.
I understand the spot was a meeting place to board a bus. The groups protesting saw it as another protest group and the Black Israel group began verbally attacking the kids. They started this issue and are getting a free pass. The school chants were a bad idea, but probably seemed at the time as a way to drown out the things they were hearing.

If the tomahawk chop was a response to the man entering their group, it isn't uncommon for kids to react like kids. I would be concerned if the kids showed up and saw the Indian group and did the tomahawk chop causing the man to come over.

I understand the spot was a meeting place to board a bus. The groups protesting saw it as another protest group and the Black Israel group began verbally attacking the kids. They started this issue and are getting a free pass. The school chants were a bad idea, but probably seemed at the time as a way to drown out the things they were hearing.

If the tomahawk chop was a response to the man entering their group, it isn't uncommon for kids to react like kids. I would be concerned if the kids showed up and saw the Indian group and did the tomahawk chop causing the man to come over.

I'm not giving them a free pass... I haven't watched the video of that encounter, nor will I... it's irrelevant. So, just to be clear, if someone else wrongs me, I'm free to F with you, because of that... you're OK with that? Whatever the Muslim group did or said, is irrelevant to how the kids treated the Indian group. And in the video I saw, I heard no school chants and think that's a lame after-the-fact attempt to explain away the kids behavior (again, I'm presuming with a nickname like Colonels, the Tomahawk chop is not part of their school cheers) only a bunch of punk kids mocking an Indian group who I understand had a permit to demonstrate there. I respect that right and if I don't like their message, I ignore them and walk around/away, and I'd tell my kids to do the same.

No egg. The kids got a great pr firm. I’ve seen much more video. The kids absolutely were mocking him, tomahawk chops and all. There is also video if them harassing girls. They are who we thought they were. Morons in MAGA hats. And now the rest of the MAGA hats want to turn them into heroes. But that makes sense, considering who their real hero is, a man with no morals, no ethics, no brains, and a bully and liar.,
You think they deserved to be publicly outed and threatened with violence? Are you ok with the school being closed because of threats against it?

As far as I know, none of the other groups were treated like that.

I'm not enabling anyone nor am I grasping straws. I can watch the video evidence and see what happens. If you want to twist this back on the kids when 1) the first group of protesters engaged them and 2) the native Americans inserted themselves in the middle by walking up to the kids...then fine.

Everyone blaming these kids are pointing to the fact they have maga hats as a reason to label them, attack them or blame them when there is plenty of blame to go around. This would be a non-story in the absence of those hats.

You can’t kill or encamp the people you hate until you dehumanize them.

One step in the dehumanization process is the refusal to allow views with which you disagree, and making YOUR view the only acceptable view. “I do not need to respect you or your ideas - you are a lesser person than me, and you are not worthy of acceptance or respect. You are horrible. You deserve the horrible things that others are doing to you. You deserve the horrible things I will do to you when I am forced to act in accordance with the social concepts I now accept because it becomes too late and impossible for me take it back.”

Anonymous intellectual violence on the internet helps immensely. The same people who will decry internet bullying of kids by kids will internet-bully every person they can when it comes to politics already now. The heart-hardening process that used to take a decade now takes months. The ability to publish some hate has begun to make people feel good about themselves, and they always KNOW IN THIER HEART “it’s not me, it’s them.”

Eventually, you will have a nation full of haters who will kill or encamp anyone you ask them too.

Then, one day, after the next Trail of Tears, or the next Rape of Nanking, or the next smoke-filled skies over a concentration camp, when the rationalizations fail us, we will blink and be this guy:

giphy.gif

I'm not giving them a free pass... I haven't watched the video of that encounter, nor will I... it's irrelevant. So, just to be clear, if someone else wrongs me, I'm free to F with you, because of that... you're OK with that? Whatever the Muslim group did or said, is irrelevant to how the kids treated the Indian group. And in the video I saw, I heard no school chants and think that's a lame after-the-fact attempt to explain away the kids behavior (again, I'm presuming with a nickname like Colonels, the Tomahawk chop is not part of their school cheers) only a bunch of punk kids mocking an Indian group who I understand had a permit to demonstrate there. I respect that right and if I don't like their message, I ignore them and walk around/away, and I'd tell my kids to do the same.

How come mr peacemaker drum beater chose to beat his drum in the kids faces? Why didn’t he go beat it in the Black Hebrews faces? After all they were the ones yelling at the kids. I’ll tell ya why he didn’t, because they would have beat his ass and he knew it. Drumbeater guy is a clown. His intent was to get a reaction from kids for wearing Trump hats. But it didn’t work because they didn’t bite.

Last edited:
How come mr peacemaker drum bearer chose to beat his drum in the kids faces? Why didn’t he go beat it in the Black Hebrews faces? After all they were the ones yelling at the kids. lol tell ya why he didn’t, because they would have beat his ass and he knew it. Drumbeater guy is a clown. His intent was to get a reaction from kids for wearing Trump hats. But it didn’t work because they didn’t bite.

I don't know, why don't you ask him? I'm not endorsing his behavior... but again, I believe he and his group had a permit to demonstrate. Have you been to DC? There are groups demonstrating or protesting sh*t everywhere. I guess I recognize that when someone takes the time to get a permit to assemble and demonstrate, they are going to try and promote and "publish" those views to others. I don't know if the Muslim group had a similar permit or not, and again their actions are irrelevant to me, because I'm not giving the kids a free pass to taunt an Indian group because they were harassed by someone else. Surprised so many seem to think that's a legit excuse.

I don't know, why don't you ask him? I'm not endorsing his behavior... but again, I believe he and his group had a permit to demonstrate. Have you been to DC? There are groups demonstrating or protesting sh*t everywhere. I guess I recognize that when someone takes the time to get a permit to assemble and demonstrate, they are going to try and promote and "publish" those views to others. I don't know if the Muslim group had a similar permit or not, and again their actions are irrelevant to me, because I'm not giving the kids a free pass to taunt an Indian group because they were harassed by someone else. Surprised so many seem to think that's a legit excuse.
From what I understand, the kids were told to meet there to board their bus. They weren’t there because they chose to be.

I assume you were a kid at one time. Either you or your friends did dumb things when faced with a situation you weren't prepared for. The tomahawk chop seemed to be a response to the Indian beating a drum and standing nose to nose with a classmate. I didn't see where the kids provoked anyone unless their chants were interpreted that way. The chants were a bad idea. Maybe their school song would have been better?

The quick judgement, selective editing, and eagerness to attack a kid because of a hat and what he believes is where we are today. I hate it.

I assume you were a kid at one time. Either you or your friends did dumb things when faced with a situation you weren't prepared for. The tomahawk chop seemed to be a response to the Indian beating a drum and standing nose to nose with a classmate. I didn't see where the kids provoked anyone unless their chants were interpreted that way. The chants were a bad idea. Maybe their school song would have been better?

The quick judgement, selective editing, and eagerness to attack a kid because of a hat and what he believes is where we are today. I hate it.

If you'll read above... I admit to being a kid and acting dumb. No doubt at that age I'd have been in there with them back in the day being an ass (hopefully not wearing MAGA gear). Fortunately I had adults who told me it was wrong to act that way. Unfortunately these kids not only don't seem to have such guidance, but people who think acting up and insulting others is OK... as long as someone else insulted you previously.

And no... they were mocking the Indian group well before they were nose to nose. And, you're not taking the kid at his word: he said they asked permission to do school chants and/or songs... or do you think he may be, gasp, lying?

If you'll read above... I admit to being a kid and acting dumb. No doubt at that age I'd have been in there with them back in the day being an ass (hopefully not wearing MAGA gear). Fortunately I had adults who told me it was wrong to act that way. Unfortunately these kids not only don't seem to have such guidance, but people who think acting up and insulting others is OK... as long as someone else insulted you previously.

And no... they were mocking the Indian group well before they were nose to nose. And, you're not taking the kid at his word: he said they asked permission to do school chants and/or songs... or do you think he may be, gasp, lying?
It is equally possible he was telling the truth, The adults could have stopped them if the chants were not approved. Since they didn't stop, I would lean towards they did ask.

So a permit to demonstrate gives a person the right to walk up to someone and beat a drum in their face?

So, just to be clear, if someone else wrongs me, I'm free to F with you, because of that... you're OK with that?
If I get between you and the person that initially wrongs you, and then I get in your face? Yeah, you would be free to do that....

How come mr peacemaker drum beater chose to beat his drum in the kids faces? Why didn’t he go beat it in the Black Hebrews faces? After all they were the ones yelling at the kids. I’ll tell ya why he didn’t, because they would have beat his ass and he knew it. Drumbeater guy is a clown. His intent was to get a reaction from kids for wearing Trump hats. But it didn’t work because they didn’t bite.
He didn’t beat it in kids face. These kids you are supporting were also harassing girls, calling them sluts, making comments about rape, etc. Just your normal, Christian MAGA giys having fun.

It is equally possible he was telling the truth, The adults could have stopped them if the chants were not approved. Since they didn't stop, I would lean towards they did ask.
My problem is with the adults all along. Kids are stupid, the adults should have stepped in a million times. To begin with, to tell them not to wear MAGA hats, if they didn’t want trouble.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe

and you think a private school in KY's whose nickname is the Colonels regular chant/cheers include the tomahawk chop and they chose that one specific cheer to help diffuse the situation and it's just sheer irony that there happened to be an Indian group demonstrating nearby, but they weren't mocking them?

I had to go back and rewatch the video and I am at a loss for how anyone thinks the kids are behaving acceptably. I think asking where the adult chaperones are is a great question, and in the great scheme of things it's really no big deal... they aren't breaking laws, but it's just a matter of proper behavior and respect for others, and as I said, context.

and you think a private school in KY's whose nickname is the Colonels regular chant/cheers include the tomahawk chop and they chose that one specific cheer to help diffuse the situation and it's just sheer irony that there happened to be an Indian group demonstrating nearby, but they weren't mocking them?

I had to go back and rewatch the video and I am at a loss for how anyone thinks the kids are behaving acceptably. I think asking where the adult chaperones are is a great question, and in the great scheme of things it's really no big deal... they aren't breaking laws, but it's just a matter of proper behavior and respect for others, and as I said, context.
They are kids. Where did they learn the tomahawk chop? They had seen other people do it. If you have kids, you have probably spent time shaking your head because of something you didn't imagine they would do. The tomahawk chop was stupid. They have learned a lot this week.

It was a nasty situation and they weren't prepared for it. The chaperones weren't any help or had no control. The kid in the MAGA hat did nothing wrong. The rest should have stood silent and just taken the abuse until the bus arrived. It is hard for a kid to do.

There are no players in this that is right.

They are kids. Where did they learn the tomahawk chop? They had seen other people do it. If you have kids, you have probably spent time shaking your head because of something you didn't imagine they would do. The tomahawk chop was stupid. They have learned a lot this week.

It was a nasty situation and they weren't prepared for it. The chaperones weren't any help or had no control. The kid in the MAGA hat did nothing wrong. The rest should have stood silent and just taken the abuse until the bus arrived. It is hard for a kid to do.

There are no players in this that is right.
The kid in the MAGA hat was a jerk. These kids also harassed girls walking by.

Worst drummer ever.

Should have been arrested and forced to listen some Kenny Aronoff. Or Ringo. Or anybody who is not annoying.

Maybe if he’d play something less than 2000 years old ...

My problem is with the adults all along. Kids are stupid, the adults should have stepped in a million times. To begin with, to tell them not to wear MAGA hats, if they didn’t want trouble.
Please tell your sorority girls not to wear mini skirts.

Reactions: Brockway
These kids you are supporting were also harassing girls, calling them sluts, making comments about rape, etc. Just your normal, Christian MAGA giys having fun.
Just curious where you saw that these kids were harassing girls, calling them sluts, making comments about rape....I haven't seen that.

By the way, why are you anti Christian?

So it turns out the guy isn’t actually a Vietnam vet as he has claimed and now it appears he tried to cause a scene at a church. More proof of who the real problem was in this situation.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/22/nathan-phillips-tried-disrupt-basilica-national-sh/

Again, I've never excused the actions of the drummer, nor the Muslim group, but at least the Indians I believe had received a permit to assemble and protest... naturally they are going to try and "publish" their message to others... isn't that the point of a protest or march? I don't see how you can watch the video of these kids and think their behavior is OK. The kids are mobbing the guys, hooting and mocking them and acting like soccer hooligans. You'd seriously be OK if one of these kids acting up was your son?

Again, I've never excused the actions of the drummer, nor the Muslim group, but at least the Indians I believe had received a permit to assemble and protest... naturally they are going to try and "publish" their message to others... isn't that the point of a protest or march? I don't see how you can watch the video of these kids and think their behavior is OK. The kids are mobbing the guys, hooting and mocking them and acting like soccer hooligans. You'd seriously be OK if one of these kids acting up was your son?

You might need to get thicker skin and quit pretending to be offended by everything. The kids looked generally interested in the Indians and entertained by him and started dancing and chanting during the drum session. Nothing they did appeared to be mean spirited. The only problem you have with the kids is that they are wearing a red hat you can’t stand. And oh the horror of anyone for supporting the president of their country. You clowns are such hypocrites and so full of hate for Trump that everything you say loses credibility. So many of you say anyone who supports Trump is a racist. Well my cousin supports Trump and is married to a black girl so I wonder how that works. I bet if these kids were wearing Obama shirts you wouldn’t have a problem with anything they did.

You might need to get thicker skin and quit pretending to be offended by everything. The kids looked generally interested in the Indians and entertained by him and started dancing and chanting during the drum session. Nothing they did appeared to be mean spirited. The only problem you have with the kids is that they are wearing a red hat you can’t stand. And oh the horror of anyone for supporting the president of their country. You clowns are such hypocrites and so full of hate for Trump that everything you say loses credibility. So many of you say anyone who supports Trump is a racist. Well my cousin supports Trump and is married to a black girl so I wonder how that works. I bet if these kids were wearing Obama shirts you wouldn’t have a problem with anything they did.

You don't know one damn thing about me, although you're right I do think Trump is a nut... he's proven that. No, my problem is with the kids acting like asses, plain and simple, and to a far greater degree with the adults who fail to admonish them when they did. And, this has nothing to do with hats... it has to do with their actions and I saw plenty of kids without hats that also need to be corrected. Obama shirts? Wrong again Nostradumbass... I'd have a problem if they were wearing any shirt or no shirt at all.

Your cousin? Nice non-relevant comment... is he also your BIL?

Oh because you know one black persons? Lol Does her name happen to be Diamond or Silk?

You don't know one damn thing about me, although you're right I do think Trump is a nut... he's proven that. No, my problem is with the kids acting like asses, plain and simple, and to a far greater degree with the adults who fail to admonish them when they did. And, this has nothing to do with hats... it has to do with their actions and I saw plenty of kids without hats that also need to be corrected. Obama shirts? Wrong again Nostradumbass... I'd have a problem if they were wearing any shirt or no shirt at all.

Your cousin? Nice non-relevant comment... is he also your BIL?

It’s plenty relevant. You whack jobs can’t accept that the reason Trump is president is because the Democratic Party is so bad and so insane at this point that Trump is the better alternative. All his supporters aren’t racists or dumb hillbillies as all the idiot liberals label them. They just realize he’s the better choice of the 2 evils. The Democratic Party has caused this. It’s whack jobs like you and that **** Zeke.

He didn’t beat it in kids face. These kids you are supporting were also harassing girls, calling them sluts, making comments about rape, etc. Just your normal, Christian MAGA giys having fun.
Where did you hear this?

The only thing I’ve seen on this is the video the one girl posted, in which you can’t even tell who is harassing her.

Also, I’ve heard those kids weren’t with the Covington kids.

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, just that you shouldn’t be stating it as fact.

The whole (new) video is supposed to be over an hour long, and from reading the recap, the "new" evidence is that the kids were taunted by an entirely separate group... not the Native Americans who seem to be peaceful enough. I still don't see any rationalization for the smug kid(s) acting as they were towards the Indians. Care to enlighten me?
People use the word smug, but what real evidence was there that this was in this kid's hearts? He and the others are getting ripped apart called all kinds of names. They didn't yell back at the aggressors and did not ratchet up the vitriol. Some are saying that the teens didn't know exactly why this group was there. They wondered if they were there to support them. When it became clear this group was full of animus the kids just smiled. If they were our sons we would have said they handled everything the right way. A gentle answer turns away wrath. If the teens had given back to this group what was done to them then this situation could have become very violent.

You are losing respect with each post.

Just keep hurling those slurs. You are becoming the Dickee V of politics and societal narratives Baby. A real dirty diaper dandy!

And you prove our point over and over offering no reality but hate.
Even when presented with the facts, you still are so absorbed in your hate...
I feel really sorry for you.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
You can’t kill or encamp the people you hate until you dehumanize them.

The same people who will decry internet bullying of kids by kids will internet-bully every person they can when it comes to politics already now. The heart-hardening process that used to take a decade now takes months. The ability to publish some hate has begun to make

You are correct per Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals".
13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

but you're condemning the wrong side.
For 3 years I've listened to people who are so eaten with hate... The effort to destroy a single man and you're on that boat.

A ship of fools

Last edited:
It’s plenty relevant. You whack jobs can’t accept that the reason Trump is president is because the Democratic Party is so bad and so insane at this point that Trump is the better alternative. All his supporters aren’t racists or dumb hillbillies as all the idiot liberals label them. They just realize he’s the better choice of the 2 evils. The Democratic Party has caused this. It’s whack jobs like you and that **** Zeke.

I don't disagree, about EITHER mainstream political party... both are f'd. So, once again, you are wrong... can't remember if that's strike 2, 3 or 6! I'm a fiscal conservative with no party to support, and few candidates because the Republican party has chosen to align itself so closely with the religious right. I actually support some of his ideas like tax reform... but that doesn't mean he's not nuts. Trump is President for 2 reasons, imo: 1) Hilary may be the most unlikable major party candidate in 40+ years (ever? To the point women in large #s voted for a man who said "grab them by the pussy!" over her; Unbelievable!), and 2) she was dumb enough not to pick a black running mate. She drove away tons of female voters due to her unlikability and then failed to capitalize on Obama's popularity by not picking a black running mate. It was the perfect storm that allowed a nut who mobilized a large chunk of disaffected folks to carry him across the line. There, now you have my political views... which still have 0 to do with this situation.

Last edited:
I applaud the Native American. I would have punched the smug feck by now.

We've arrived.

“His earlier thought returned to him... it was possible that his features had not been perfectly under control. It was terribly dangerous to let your thoughts wander when you were in any public place or within range of a telescreen. The smallest thing could give you away. A nervous tic, an unconscious look of anxiety, a habit of muttering to yourself—anything that carried with it the suggestion of abnormality, of having something to hide. In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face (to look incredulous when a victory was announced, for example) was itself a punishable offense. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called. " G. Orwell, "1984"

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
You are correct per Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals".
13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

but you're condemning the wrong side.
For 3 years I've listened to people who are so eaten with hate... The effort to destroy a single man and you're on that boat.

A ship of fools

I'm not condemning any side.

We've arrived.

“His earlier thought returned to him... it was possible that his features had not been perfectly under control. It was terribly dangerous to let your thoughts wander when you were in any public place or within range of a telescreen. The smallest thing could give you away. A nervous tic, an unconscious look of anxiety, a habit of muttering to yourself—anything that carried with it the suggestion of abnormality, of having something to hide. In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face (to look incredulous when a victory was announced, for example) was itself a punishable offense. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called. " G. Orwell, "1984"

O' brother. To call you a drama queen is an insult to drama queens everywhere. People have always hated smugness. The only thing that's changed is those willing to overlook these kids pompous actions and bad behavior because of the hats they were wearing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT