ADVERTISEMENT

Pumped about Penix!

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
I loved Ramsey, his grit & hope he has an awesome 5th year somewhere this season.

But I have been so excited about Penix since I saw his first throw and how it flew off his wrist like a bullet. I think he has NFL potential and last year he showed those flashes, but yes, he’s been injured two seasons in a row (but did get a RS year!)

Now he’s considered the starter going into spring and this was posted of him from yesterday’s press briefing below.

He has obviously been working and the confidence that can come with knowing you are the man & team is behind leads to also working hard & looking like he does now.

In college, major talent QB’s can make a huge impact and I believe we have potential for Penix to take lead IU to great things ahead. Starting with game #1 at Wisconsin!

Here's what a 220-pound Michael Penix Jr. looks like. #iufb

Here's what a 220-pound Michael Penix Jr. looks like. [URL='https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/iufb?src=hashtag_click']#iufb

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jon_Blau/status/1236030089931997184/photo/1
[/URL]

I’m a believer that he’ll have gotten his body ready to hold up to the rigors of starting for a P5 school next season. Spending 2-1/2 years in college leading up to this season is going to payoff. Time to show everyone he’s not injury prone, but just had some bad luck. Also, I love that he’s being praised for his leadership. You lose the senior class, plus Ramsey and Cronk, and you fear that there might be a real drop in that department. Hearing that he’s stepping up as a leader of this team is great to hear. Going to the Wisky @ IU game today, but dreaming about the IU @ Wisky game to start the football season already. :):)

Well, one thing is for sure this coming year......we won't hear all of the talk about who our QB should be. We are full on Michael Penix. I really want to see what he can do playing in every game in 2020.

No doubt his health & ability to stay injury-free in 2020 will be key for Indiana....Fingers crossed, rabbit foot in my pocket, & 4-leaf clover in my hand, LOL

Reactions: vesuvius13
Got Tuttle and Williams like them but neither has much game experience hopefully can work both in early.Hard to get through entire season without injury maybe Penix does looking for big things from this years team.

Like I've said before, IF he stays healthy, Indiana could do some good things this fall. This kid has the ability to carve up a good defense and absolutely destroy an average one.

Things still need to come together, but if you like IU football, you're starting to like what you see.

Like I've said before, IF he stays healthy, Indiana could do some good things this fall. This kid has the ability to carve up a good defense and absolutely destroy an average one.

Things still need to come together, but if you like IU football, you're starting to like what you see.
Penix makes the OL job easier because of his quick decisions, quick release, and his ability to stay in the pocket but move to avoid rushers. If the OL are good run blockers the offense will be dangerous for our opponents to defend.

I think the defense can become a big hitting defense with tight coverage and pressure on the QB. It will be nice if the front four can pressure the QB so coach Wommack doesn't have to stunt so many people each play. The more solid we are up front the more our LBs and DBs can do to stop offensive efforts.

There are several good things to look forward to with this team and I hope it comes together to give all of us a special season to follow on the 2019.

ADVERTISEMENT