ADVERTISEMENT

PU recruits 7 footers/Bigs & Shooters. Archie recruits neither

Going to be a tough year for you again I'm afraid.

Actually doing quite well thanks. Biz is good and the market has served very well.

But do sing your song Champ...maybe Gloria will walk by and you can have a few drinks while you talk about whatever it is you once succeeded at. Sheep showing or whatever it is you fine folks do all summer?

Actually doing quite well thanks. Biz is good and the market has served very well.

But do sing your song Champ...maybe Gloria will walk by and you can have a few drinks while you talk about whatever it is you once succeeded at. Sheep showing or whatever it is you fine folks do all summer?

We went back inside, had a few drinks, but all he kept talking about, was IU glory days,
we'll they will pass you by. C'mon Court....

We went back inside, had a few drinks, but all he kept talking about, was IU glory days,
we'll they will pass you by. C'mon Court....

Why would you sing about IU glory days? I get your obsession with IU but still...

Great to see you living on this board though.

There is one...two to go

Just one more. Goodbye Court. 23K responses can't compete with that thankfully don't want to or need.

IU has good fans, and reading here Birnk looks like one of the more astute and realistic diehards. Actually good if IU become a player again in the B10 honestly. Won't happen for awhile unfortunately here. Getting stronger in West Lafayette and that's not going stop , going be hard to deal with for some.

Enjoy the season sportsfans.

He pulled him down which was clear and why the rule got placed in effect. I personally don't like the rule they should have just called it an intentional foul, which it was because he pulled Haas to the ground by locking his arm and pulling backwards. The other player was a seldom used backup. I doubt that the other player intended to cause Haas to break his elbow but that was the result. Somehow I think you see that as a fair result because he was big and played for Purdue. I don't like to see any player get injured...others differ with me though and you happen to be one of those people.
Oh. I hate the rule as well. I'm not looking for someone to blame. It was bad luck. But to say haas had his elbows out is hilarious. Where is he supposed to put his elbows there?

Reactions: Bill4411
Just one more. Goodbye Court. 23K responses can't compete with that thankfully don't want to or need.

IU has good fans, and reading here Birnk looks like one of the more astute and realistic diehards. Actually good if IU become a player again in the B10 honestly. Won't happen for awhile unfortunately here. Getting stronger in West Lafayette and that's not going stop , going be hard to deal with for some.

Enjoy the season sportsfans.

lol

Take the fraud with you. Like you, he has never set foot in Btown.

Lots of bad luck has also gone into that. Let's not act like, in the last 40 years, Purdue has only had teams that are good enough to make the tourney and win a game or two. In the last 15 years alone, Robinsons back, hummels knee, hummels other knee, Virginia's lucky shot, haas's elbow. Not making excuses as to why they didn't make it further, but there has been some incredibly talented teams with some incredibly bad luck.

I do agree that 2021-2024 could be his best teams yet. Looking at the 2022 class, Purdue has a really good guard, another really good guard and forward on the verge of committing, and looks to be in good shape to land a top 30 big man. Painter is certainly trending in the right direction. Needs to capitalize though.
Please. You guys make me laugh with this "bad luck" crap. You don't think every program can point to injuries or lucky shots that took them out? "Not making excuses'? That's exactly what you are doing!

Last edited:
Please. You guys make me laugh with this "bad luck" crap. You don't think every program can point to injuries or lucky shots that took the out? "Not making excuses'? That's exactly what you are doing!
So what is the difference between bad luck and excuses? To me, an excuse would be me saying that is why they lost. No where did I say those injuries are why they lost/didn't go further. I am saying its a lot of bad luck that hampered their abilities to go further.

Huh? Top 10 nationally in overall wins? Don't think so; here's the top 20: top 20 NCAA wins

Big 10 wins and overall B10 wins? What's the difference, and you think he's in the top 10 nationally in B10 wins? Wow. There are currently 14 teams and you declare he's in the top 10 nationally? So he's at least better than 4 other B10 coaches? That's impressive. Also doubting top 10 in tourney appearances during his PU tenure, but I'm not looking it up. Doubting the 7-13 finishing first or 2nd, but not gonna take the time on that either.
These stats are right here.

So what is the difference between bad luck and excuses? To me, an excuse would be me saying that is why they lost. No where did I say those injuries are why they lost/didn't go further. I am saying its a lot of bad luck that hampered their abilities to go further.
Ha. There is none. "Bad luck", injuries, improbable shots, bad calls, happen to every team. For every Hummel's knee, we can counter with May's arm, Henderson's knee, or Valentine calls. As can every other program. You have to win around those years.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Boiler fans. Painter is ok. But he’s the perfect storm for us. Too good to fire. Too bad to win anything. Reminds me of Tubby Smith at Kentucky.

Painter doesn’t have the personality or charisma to coach a namesake program or a program with high expectations. It’s why nobody, sans Missouri a decade ago has bothered to try and hire him. Painter couldn’t recruit at a bigger program because his system isn’t conducive to getting to the NBA. His track record in landing elite level talent (top 50 or better) is dog shit in a 15 year period and has recruited one player in 15 years whose made a meaningful impact in the NBA.
Purdue in three consecutive classes is going to land:

Ethan Morton T80
Jaden Ivey T80
Zach Edey (426th ranked recruit and producing more than any of IU’s freshman since Zeller. 18ppg 7rpg 80% FG 80%FT)
RS fresh Brandon Newman (Purdue leading scorer shooting 50% from field and 48% from three. Better than Armaan Franklin)

Trey Kaufman-Renn T30 (Archie whiff)
Caleb Furst T40

Foster Loyer (currently T120 will move up when he gets more exposure)
Jameel Brown (T100 combo 2 guard)
Camden Heide (T70 forward)

Painter has hit a major stride in recruiting and your baseline as “top 50” is just some arbitrary made up stat to make it seem like you’re winning an argument (which you’re losing).

Good luck beating Purdue with lack of recruiting Archie is bringing in compared to painter.

It’s actually embarrassing how awful archie’s recruiting has been. Painter would be reeling in top talent left and right at IU with the resources and brand name. Now he’s stringing together multiple classes with top 70 guys at PURDUE? Good luck.

These stats are right here.
Ummm, except that's not what you claimed. You said top 10 nationally in wins.... this says top 10 for active coaches under the age of 55... born in August who are Virgos shading Leo.... You tried to quote big boy stats, but then you link puff piece, diaper and pacifier made stats. Sorry to call you on it, but keep your fake claims off here and you won't get shamed.

Reactions: T.M.P.

Ethan Morton T80
Jaden Ivey T80
Zach Edey (426th ranked recruit and producing more than any of IU’s freshman since Zeller. 18ppg 7rpg 80% FG 80%FT)
RS fresh Brandon Newman (Purdue leading scorer shooting 50% from field and 48% from three. Better than Armaan Franklin)

Caleb Furst T40

Painter has hit a major stride in recruiting and your baseline as “top 50” is just some arbitrary made up stat to make it seem like you’re winning an argument (which you’re losing).

Good luck beating Purdue with lack of recruiting Archie is bringing in compared to painter.

It’s actually embarrassing how awful archie’s recruiting has been. Painter would be reeling in top talent left and right at IU with the resources and brand name. Now he’s stringing together multiple classes with top 70 guys at PURDUE? Good luck.
Again, so Purdue. Yes, nice classes, and Painter has certainly done well with less, but these are really just OK classes if you compare them to any top program nationally. They'll still likely be below what even MSU, OSU and UM reel in, in conference. Of course, we all know you're not doing that, you just want to tout in some other way that you're beating IU. And somehow you still deny the little Bro syndrome. IU Sucks. Congrats.

Again, so Purdue. Yes, nice classes, and Painter has certainly done well with less, but these are really just OK classes if you compare them to any top program nationally. They'll still likely be below what even MSU, OSU and UM reel in, in conference. Of course, we all know you're not doing that, you just want to tout in some other way that you're beating IU. And somehow you still deny the little Bro syndrome. IU Sucks. Congrats.
IU is a shell of itself yearning for the days of yesteryear. The brand name has zero polish or clout with any 17 or 18 year old these days. You guys need to start winning NOW to salvage any type of recruiting success from 2021-2024.

Why would any top recruit want to play for Archie after watching how he botched the Romeo season? Good grief.

IU is a shell of itself yearning for the days of yesteryear. The brand name has zero polish or clout with any 17 or 18 year old these days. You guys need to start winning NOW to salvage any type of recruiting success from 2021-2024.

Why would any top recruit want to play for Archie after watching how he botched the Romeo season? Good grief.
All valid points, that we bandy about and discuss here frequently. The only question is why you and your PU buds, who claim not to be obsessed with IU, are here talking about it? Of course, we all know that answer don't we? It's OK lil buddy!

All valid points, that we bandy about and discuss here frequently. The only question is why you and your PU buds, who claim not to be obsessed with IU, are here talking about it? Of course, we all know that answer don't we? It's OK lil buddy!
I don’t really care honestly, I was directing my fire at Coach Deez Nuts. You decided to interject. Carry on.

Ethan Morton T80
Jaden Ivey T80

Caleb Furst T40

Those are very good recruits for Purdue standards, but that wouldn’t fly at a school with expectations to win in March. Painter’s landed what, 4 or 5 top 50 recruits in his 16 years at Purdue? Dog shit. How many blue chip recruits outside the state of Indiana has Painter landed? NONE. Hell, Painter has had more legacy blue chippers say no to his program than one’s he’s landed. Gary Harris, son of an all-star said no. Mitch McGary who grew up a Purdue fan as the son of alums said no. The son of the best player in your programs history, Glenn Robinson III said no.

Thinking Painter would walk into a national program and start pulling 5* out of his ass is delusional thinking at best. He doesn’t run a conducive offense that translates to the NBA. There’s a reason why only one player in 15 years has seen any kind of moderate success at that level. No, Painter recruits high floor/low ceiling kids because those are the expectations at Purdue. It’s what he’s comfortable with and what he knows.

Those are very good recruits for Purdue standards, but that wouldn’t fly at a school with expectations to win in March. Painter’s landed what, 4 or 5 top 50 recruits in his 16 years at Purdue? Dog shit. How many blue chip recruits outside the state of Indiana has Painter landed? NONE. Hell, Painter has had more legacy blue chippers say no to his program than one’s he’s landed. Gary Harris, son of an all-star said no. Mitch McGary who grew up a Purdue fan as the son of alums said no. The son of the best player in your programs history, Glenn Robinson III said no.

Thinking Painter would walk into a national program and start pulling 5* out of his ass is delusional thinking at best. He doesn’t run a conducive offense that translates to the NBA. There’s a reason why only one player in 15 years has seen any kind of moderate success at that level. No, Painter recruits high floor/low ceiling kids because those are the expectations at Purdue. It’s what he’s comfortable with and what he knows.

Painter could walk into the IU job tomorrow and start landing 5* guys. It’s not hard to recruit to IU. Acting like he couldn’t reel in 5* talent is laughable.

The last class Painter recruited that had a string of top 50-100 guys was your 2012 class. In that classes 4 years at Purdue, the program had two losing seasons and failed to win a tournament game. We shall see.

Reactions: kkott
Ummm, except that's not what you claimed. You said top 10 nationally in wins.... this says top 10 for active coaches under the age of 55... born in August who are Virgos shading Leo.... You tried to quote big boy stats, but then you link puff piece, diaper and pacifier made stats. Sorry to call you on it, but keep your fake claims off here and you won't get shamed.
I did type active couches under the age of 55. Maybe you need to read slower.

IU fan’s mental process in a nutshell. All that matters are stars and recruiting rankings when kids are 17 & 18 years old. Painter develops and gets these players better. Period. Now that he’s actually landing top talent along with the other developmental players, he’s going to be winning a lot of games here I suspect.

Keep focusing on the stars and the little number next to their name instead of actual on court results.

Oh and btw, that outdated “style” you refer to just hit 17 threes on Tuesday and Purdue is number 1 out of all P5 teams in the country in 3 point % on 71 attempts. IU hit two threes vs. Texas on Tuesday while Purdue’s walk ons hit two. 🤣

Painter is running an offense that is key on efficiency and the three point shot. The NBA’s bread and butter.

Archie on the other hand is running an archaic style focused on big men shadowed by abysmal guards and shooting %. Archie ball is an absolute grotesque thing to watch.

Painter could walk into the IU job tomorrow and start landing 5* guys. It’s not hard to recruit to IU. Acting like he couldn’t reel in 5* talent is laughable.
If he couldn’t, it would say much more about the present status of IU than it would about Painter. As we’re starting to see with Miller, the expectation that anyone can recruit to IU is more quaint and historical than it is accurate.

We get it. You guys have the top L. Dick Buell Men’s Basketball Head Coach in the country. There is no other L. Dick Buell Men's Basketball Head Coach that's even being discussed. Congratulations.

IU fan’s mental process in a nutshell. All that matters are stars and recruiting rankings when kids are 17 & 18 years old. Painter develops and gets these players better. Period. Now that he’s actually landing top talent along with the other developmental players, he’s going to be winning a lot of games here I suspect.

Keep focusing on the stars and the little number next to their name instead of actual on court results.

Oh and btw, that outdated “style” you refer to just hit 17 threes on Tuesday and Purdue is number 1 out of all P5 teams in the country in 3 point % on 71 attempts. IU hit two threes vs. Texas on Tuesday while Purdue’s walk ons hit two. 🤣

Painter is running an offense that is key on efficiency and the three point shot. The NBA’s bread and butter.

Archie on the other hand is running an archaic style focused on big men shadowed by abysmal guards and shooting %. Archie ball is an absolute grotesque thing to watch.
Severely dumb post. Full of fan hyperbole ...

I did type active couches under the age of 55. Maybe you need to read slower.
Here's your exact post:

Painter is top 10 nationally in stats such as, overall wins, Bigten wins, overal Bigten wins, NCAA tournament appearances during the time period he has coached at Purdue, NCAA tournament wins over the same time period. He has finished first or second in 7-13 years at Purdue, and his 12 NCAA appearances are the most for any active coach under the age of 55.

So, yes, you did type active under 55.... in the next sentence. You said he was a top 10 Coach nationally in wins, and then you also said that his 12 NCAA appearances are the most for any active coach under 55. The second part may be true, the first is clearly not.

Simple solution for you: Go root for Purdue (who struggled against Valpo)!

PU made 17 3's, and IU can hardly make a perimeter shot. Trayce gets his shot blocked inside by Texas, while Purdue has another 7'4" Center dunking off several easy rebounds.

Yes, and as long as you can keep playing the Oakland's of the world, you'll continue to make a ton of 3s! You're actually comparing stats from your game vs Oakland and IU playing UT? Ha. Look out; Valpo just held that vaunted "NBA offense" to 26% shooting on 3s and you made 6! No idea how many your walk-ons made.

Yes, and as long as you can keep playing the Oakland's of the world, you'll continue to make a ton of 3s! You're actually comparing stats from your game vs Oakland and IU playing UT? Ha. Look out; Valpo just held that vaunted "NBA offense" to 26% shooting on 3s and you made 6! No idea how many your walk-ons made.

Purdue will easily outshoot IU from 3 this year. Especially seeing as how we’re still without 2 guys who should be solid shooters.

Purdue will easily outshoot IU from 3 this year. Especially seeing as how we’re still without 2 guys who should be solid shooters.
I don't blame you for not being on your board, but shouldn't you at least be over on the nebraska board chit chatting with them about your game?

Reactions: Brockway
Where did I ever say that IU would outshoot PU? There are tons of threads and posts on here, including this thread, about our shooting challenges. It all comes back to IU for you guys doesn't it? I don't really even have to ask when we're having this discussion on an IU board, though, do I?

ADVERTISEMENT