ADVERTISEMENT

PU making it look easy

IU is run by idiots. Cam Cameron vs Joe Tiller Part Deux.

How can anyone justify Fred Glass keeping his job. He has had a decade to fix IU football and failed miserably.

If Brohm wants out of Laffy, and you have to assume he does, he needs to play more like this and less like the way they started.
He’ll probably stay a couple more years and have his choice of what job he gets. I’d love to have him for 3-4 years.

More like ohio state laying another egg...Its funny when urban was sidelined osu was killing it. Now that he's back typical BS. The last few games including IU they have looked suspect. Now they are doing their normal f*ck up of the year...jus sayin

He’ll probably stay a couple more years and have his choice of what job he gets. I’d love to have him for 3-4 years.

Agreed, assuming he doesn't bring back the personal foul attitude we have seen there.

They may have the best D coordinator (certainly the most underrated one) in Nick Holt.
BTW Nick Holt's grandfather was Buster Crabbe who was an Olympic athlete that played, Tarzan, Buck Roger and Flash Gordon.

ded8bf84ac865872c045adc9e7cf8af0.jpg

Last edited:
BTW Nick Holt's grandfather was Buster Crabbe was an Olympic athlete that played, Tarzan, Buck Roger and Flash Gordon.
"Buck Roger"? Hmm. I just know he's the best D coordinator in the Big Ten (including head coaches). Not bad for a team that some IU fans said was well behind IU from a talent standpoint, huh?
ded8bf84ac865872c045adc9e7cf8af0.jpg

Certainly not cheering for purdue or their redneck fans, but I adore watching the faces on all those Ohio fans as they lose. Worst fans on the planet.

Some of those young guys looked good today. Add the improved recruiting and the awesome facilities and I think things are not so bleak.
IU had 5 wins last year. Once they hit 6 wins this season, I'll feel a bit better on saying they are making progress. All else feels like "but we looked better when we lost".

I like some of the recruits in 2019 and some of the current Frosh. I'm not sure just how much they are going to move the needle and in what timeframe. I think what bothers people is Brohm doing something in 1,5 years that IU hasn't done since the Reagan administration. It makes IU's progress seem kinda modest.

IU had 5 wins last year. Once they hit 6 wins this season, I'll feel a bit better on saying they are making progress. All else feels like "but we looked better when we lost".

I like some of the recruits in 2019 and some of the current Frosh. I'm not sure just how much they are going to move the needle and in what timeframe. I think what bothers people is Brohm doing something in 1,5 years that IU hasn't done since the Reagan administration. It makes IU's progress seem kinda modest.

As I have said saveral times, this is a six win team this year with moderate progress. Purdue progressing doesn't affect me one way or the other and frankly this Ohio win is the first good team they have beaten...huge win, but the first quality win.

fpeaugh, larry , and gradman, are all having a circle jerk right now. although they may be one in the same.
Wouldn't it be nice to have an ascending program that will be national news tonight and tomorrow, as opposed to the program that had fewer than a couple thousand fans in the stands when the game ended today? Leadership, or lack thereof, has consequences.

Reactions: jcg_94
IU's is in the bottom half / bottom third of the Big Ten in facilities. Unlike you, I spend considerable time outside of Indiana, so I've actually seen 12 of the 14 schools. You obviously haven't, as you've admitted by your assessments. This isn't working out well for you, is it?

Quite well actually...

Today’s events finally broke my spirit with my alma mater. We are always just a bunch of talk. Other teams do it. I’m through being a masochist. Life’s too short and I’ve got too many other things to do in life.

As I have said saveral times, this is a six win team this year with moderate progress. Purdue progressing doesn't affect me one way or the other and frankly this Ohio win is the first good team they have beaten...huge win, but the first quality win.
It may not impact you, but it does impact IU, relative to them trying to pull impact recruits away from Purdue. And if IU had instead beaten OSU tonight, I'm not sure the thought that "wow, this is our first quality win" would even enter my mind. Grapes can only be so sour.

It may not impact you, but it does impact IU, relative to them trying to pull impact recruits away from Purdue. And if IU had instead beaten OSU tonight, I'm not sure the thought that "wow, this is our first quality win" would even enter my mind. Grapes can only be so sour.

If and when PUs recruiting materially exceeds IU's...It will bother me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT