ADVERTISEMENT

PU just turned into the biggest game of Archie’s tenure

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
3 game skid, squarely on the bubble. A loss to Purdue will put IU out of the tournament in most brackets. Meaning overachieving will be necessary the rest of the way to make it.

With a packed house and a down Purdue team we have to win this game. If we fail to come away with the victory, all but curtains for Archie in Btown.

While the skid sucks, most of the goals I hoped for for this team are still on the table: sweeping PU, beating WI, g run in the B10 tourney, and making the NCAA and hopefully winning a game. Obviously they'll need to rally to make this a reality, but they have the players and talent, just have to decide to play hard every possession!

3 game skid, squarely on the bubble. A loss to Purdue will put IU out of the tournament in most brackets. Meaning overachieving will be necessary the rest of the way to make it.

With a packed house and a down Purdue team we have to win this game. If we fail to come away with the victory, all but curtains for Archie in Btown.
He’s not on any bubble. It’s a big game since it’s the next game and since it’s Purdue, but it’s not a referendum on Miller, who will get 5 years as coach.

He’s not on any bubble. It’s a big game since it’s the next game and since it’s Purdue, but it’s not a referendum on Miller, who will get 5 years as coach.

He is on one both figuratively and literally. If he misses the tournament this year there will be about a 5% chance he sees the 5th season. That would be him getting to the sweet 16 next year, that would be very unrealistic if you miss this year.

He is on one both figuratively and literally. If he misses the tournament this year there will be about a 5% chance he sees the 5th season. That would be him getting to the sweet 16 next year, that would be very unrealistic if you miss this year.
He gets five years. You may not like it, but he’s not on a bubble or hot seat. Crean got 9 years, and it took an intervention by Trustees to get him out in spite of the AD’s desire to keep him. That, plus the transition at the top, is plenty for Miller to be safe.

Reactions: abraxis
He gets five years. You may not like it, but he’s not on a bubble or hot seat. Crean got 9 years, and it took an intervention by Trustees to get him out in spite of the AD’s desire to keep him. That, plus the transition at the top, is plenty for Miller to be safe.

He will get at least one more year. However, with a new AD, that 4th year will be a referendum on his job if this year ends poorly. A new AD is not going to want to tie his job to a potentially flailing coach of the school's marquis program that he did not pick.

Still quite a bit of basketball to be played before worrying about that though.

I live in Bloomington and know some of the most wealthy donors that have personal relationships with Trustees. A new AD will be coming in and the basketball program will be the main priority.

Seems like you have a lot of confidence in your opinions, mine are backed up with real life relationships, are yours based on what you have read on the internet over the last decade?

If he were to miss this year, he'd preserve his job just my making the tourney next year. I really don't even want to think about it, because we should make the tourney THIS year, but if he doesn't and stays, he's not getting fired after making it next year and losing in the 1st or 2nd game.

Reactions: cryano
I live in Bloomington and know some of the most wealthy donors that have personal relationships with Trustees. A new AD will be coming in and the basketball program will be the main priority.

Seems like you have a lot of confidence in your opinions, mine are backed up with real life relationships, are yours based on what you have read on the internet over the last decade?
My confidence level has nothing to do with what I read on the internet but rather who and what I know at IU. I fully expect basketball to be a priority, as it’s been for many decades, but Miller is on a much cooler seat than you believe.

Reactions: HurryinHoosiers

No way a new AD gives Archie a 5th year if he doesn't show something in years 1-4. Hell, he may not get a 4th year with the new AD. Not sure how you can be so certain when we don't even know who the AD is yet.

If he were to miss this year, he'd preserve his job just my making the tourney next year. I really don't even want to think about it, because we should make the tourney THIS year, but if he doesn't and stays, he's not getting fired after making it next year and losing in the 1st or 2nd game.
I am with you in that I don't wanna think about not making the tourney, unfortunately it is the reality now. Right back in my favorite place, bubble land.

The reason he would be fired with out a sweet 16 run is going to be recruiting. IU fans are so passionate that they will crush any hopes of any good 2021 kids coming here this fall or next spring. The only hope would be a awesome team and a late high 4 or 5 star signing in the spring after we would finally prove we were not a awful program.

You under estimate the toxicness around this program if we fail to make the tournament. AH is a odd place to go these days. Tension is high and patience is low.

My confidence level has nothing to do with what I read on the internet but rather who and what I know at IU. I fully expect basketball to be a priority, as it’s been for many decades, but Miller is on a much cooler seat than you believe.

Well I know more people than you that are directly tied to the program, this isnt a pissing contest it is the facts.

Reactions: Radio Zero
No way a new AD gives Archie a 5th year if he doesn't show something in years 1-4. Hell, he may not get a 4th year with the new AD. Not sure how you can be so certain when we don't even know who the AD is yet.
I would ask the same question to you. My answer, of course, is that it’s IU. Crean got 9 years, and his firing was the result of some pretty extraordinary measures undertaken by Trustees, who are loathe to do such things.

I would ask the same question to you. My answer, of course, is that it’s IU. Crean got 9 years, and his firing was the result of some pretty extraordinary measures undertaken by Trustees, who are loathe to do such things.

You do realize Cody was coming in year 4, and they made a sweet 16 in year 4 and 5 of Creans tenure.

I will not argue with you anymore, you clearly are stuck in your own head and have no idea about reality.

You do realize Cody was coming in year 4, and they made a sweet 16 in year 4 and 5 of Creans tenure.

I will not argue with you anymore, you clearly are stuck in your own head and have no idea about reality.
Who’s arguing? I’m just trying to reassure you that Miller isn’t on the hot seat. He’s not.

Crean had us #1 in year 3. That bought him time that Archie won't get.

"It's IU" argument can be used both ways, not that I have a ton of faith in the AD either.

But 3 straight years of no tourney, let alone 4, will be impossible to ignore. I would wish Archie well and move on after a 3rd year of mediocrity, myself.

"It's IU" argument can be used both ways, not that I have a ton of faith in the AD either.

But 3 straight years of no tourney, let alone 4, will be impossible to ignore. I would wish Archie well and move on after a 3rd year of mediocrity, myself.
If they aren’t in the tournament this year and I’m in charge, Year 4 would be his “or else” season. And I like him. I’m just surprised at both his failure to build an effective culture as well as his inability to recruit enough of his kind of players. A mystery.

A new AD is not going unchecked. Similar to there will never be another Knight. (Total control)
Miller will receive 5 years. The University will not pay the buyout.
Everyone’s best bet is to rally around this team. (Coach)
Robbie likes to use BigTen funds for other ventures. (Non athletic, I hear)
So until he retires or forced out (doubtful). This is your IU not your grandfathers.

Who’s arguing? I’m just trying to reassure you that Miller isn’t on the hot seat. He’s not.
You are clueless you’re just arguing to argue if u honestly think Archie gets a 5th year if year 4 is a bust ya crazy

A new AD is not going unchecked. Similar to there will never be another Knight. (Total control)
Miller will receive 5 years. The University will not pay the buyout.
Everyone’s best bet is to rally around this team. (Coach)
Robbie likes to use BigTen funds for other ventures. (Non athletic, I hear)
So until he retires or forced out (doubtful). This is your IU not your grandfathers.

McRobbie is on the way out as well.

Crean was ranked #1 year 5 And was a #1 seed man you are stupid

Time to drop some F bombs on Haarms! I’ll b there

While the skid sucks, most of the goals I hoped for for this team are still on the table: sweeping PU, beating WI, g run in the B10 tourney, and making the NCAA and hopefully winning a game. Obviously they'll need to rally to make this a reality, but they have the players and talent, just have to decide to play hard every possession!
What terrible goals.....for an elite program that’s like Bama having a goal to make a bowl game

Reactions: Radio Zero

Wrong. '11-12 was Crean's 4th year and Cody's freshman year and we made S16, but the #1 team was the next year, which was Crean's 5th.

Year 3 might have been dancing in the concourse after beating IL!

Last edited:
Wrong. '11-12 was Crean's 4th year and Cody's freshman year and we made S16, but the #1 team was the next year, which was Crean's 5th.
There’s no sense arguing with him when he doesn’t even know that recent history.....Crean was extended by Glass at Halftiime in Creans 5th year while we were #1 I was at that game and remember glass taking the mic....

Right and year 4 brought the Wat shot which also brought Crean good will

If it’s Pat Kraft hired as AD, Archie may not get a year 4. That guy doesn’t **** around. I hear he’s the Anti-Glass.

FWIW (not a damn thing) I took photo of this post to save it for posterity and future reference. Personally, I think Arch is safe for awhile, albeit much safer if TJD comes back for one more year.

crean got 9 years because he had success too. number one recruiting class, big ten titles. he was a perfect storm of success. you knew he couldn't coach well enough to ever win a title but he could pull in enough talent to win the conference and keep him around.

crean got 9 years because he had success too. number one recruiting class, big ten titles. he was a perfect storm of success. you knew he couldn't coach well enough to ever win a title but he could pull in enough talent to win the conference and keep him around.
If Archie would go to 16 this year (I’m throwing out Creans 1st year) then next year had us top 10 he’d b extended, I think it’s very very fair to say where Archie started at IU compares to Creans 2nd year, so Creans 2nd year was really his first, anybody want to disagree with that

FWIW (not a damn thing) I took photo of this post to save it for posterity and future reference. Personally, I think Arch is safe for awhile, albeit much safer if TJD comes back for one more year.

it could be worth a lot. Maybe it will help you recognize you need to get a life and not let message boards affect your behavior so much! If you're taking a pic of every poster who claims to "know someone or something"... well, that's a lot of pics!

it could be worth a lot. Maybe it will help you recognize you need to get a life and not let message boards affect your behavior so much! If you're taking a pic of every poster who claims to "know someone or something"... well, that's a lot of pics!
I took the photo of your prediction only so I might be able to belittle you later in mocking fashion before...potentially millions of others when I share it to my 4000+ followers on Facebook and Instagram. For a much smaller price, yet to be deposited from your bank to my personal checking account, I will delete it and the deleted such that your bogus prediction is forever lost in the minds of all but the most astute minds of mortal man.

Crean got an inherent 3 year pass due to the rebuild. Crean made the S16 in year 4, won the B10 and was ranked #1 in year 5 and won the B10 a few years later.

Archie will see year 4 at minimum, but it's put up or shut up that year. If he somehow misses the tournament this year, he's not only going to have to make the tournament in year 4, but win a game or 2 or else he's gone.

You speaking in absolutes doesn't make you any less of an idiot.

Crean got an inherent 3 year pass due to the rebuild. Crean made the S16 in year 4, won the B10 and was ranked #1 in year 5 and won the B10 a few years later.

Archie will see year 4 at minimum, but it's put up or shut up that year. If he somehow misses the tournament this year, he's not only going to have to make the tournament in year 4, but win a game or 2 or else he's gone.

You speaking in absolutes doesn't make you any less of an idiot.
He’ll get five years unless he cheats. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT