ADVERTISEMENT

Psyche of Current Team

Now, now...rumors of strained locker room relationships are just that-rumors of just about any team not performing up to expectations. It's not saying Rob is sick of playing with morons.

think IU players such as Rob looked slow and hesitant probably because of the tenacious defense that was preventing them from doing what they wanted to do, force the ball inside. Once Purdue saw that as our game plan, they made an adjustment, a point to shut it down. Without us being able to convert shots into points from anywhere but inside, Purdue was successful in their strategy. If we had been able to hit from deep, maybe not so.
Bullshit, and this is going to be my last comment for the year because the year is over, even if we make it to the tourney, we all know this is a losing situation. Archie has not panned out, I'm not one to not give the guy a chance, but it's dreadful and I'm not sure any amount of talent (which he garners little of, same as Crean, UK, UNC leftovers overbilled). That's his act and it's really waring thin after the MD like meltdown and complete unprofessionalism on display there … we lost cause he sucks, unprepared again against an inferior. It's so bad to watch anymore, I prefer to listen and not waste my money, or go to a bar WTF? His ass needs to be fired immediately after this year, I mean really, is this a good team, just needs more time. I don't think so, and I think most fans know exactly the problem.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Bullshit, and this is going to be my last comment for the year because the year is over, even if we make it to the tourney, we all know this is a losing situation. Archie has not panned out, I'm not one to not give the guy a chance, but it's dreadful and I'm not sure any amount of talent (which he garners little of, same as Crean, UK, UNC leftovers overbilled). That's his act and it's really waring thin after the MD like meltdown and complete unprofessionalism on display there … we lost cause he sucks, unprepared again against an inferior. It's so bad to watch anymore, I prefer to listen and not waste my money, or go to a bar WTF? His ass needs to be fired immediately after this year, I mean really, is this a good team, just needs more time. I don't think so, and I think most fans know exactly the problem.
It's a nice day for a white wedding. The thing of it is, I'm not so sure it is the coach, so it not, it must be on the players. Imagine these same players we have today, only they are at least average shooters with maybe a below avg. one or two, but certainly an above average one to counter. Have that scenario today and we would be looking mighty fine 'bout now, along with "Coach". Forget the boneheaded plays-doesn't matter because we can survive that if we're making our fair share of shots. That's just how close we are-next year we breathe in new life, exhaling the stale.

"Be patient, Grasshopper! Sometime dreary season come...rain, thunder, lightning crashing all about you. Sometime new season come...sunshine, low humidity, more wonderful than ever felt, warming soul forever. I feel next season coming, Grasshopper." ~ Old Proverb, paraphrased

Oh, BTW, I only made that initial comment about "White Wedding" because it was playing on the radio at the time and is something I take pause to do, sneer along with Billy Idol. I almost didn't, being afraid someone might try to read too much into it, like "WTF was that supposed to mean?" and so they really think about it. Think about it.

Reactions: hondo314
What are you smoking? This is not a tourney worthy team, some may bitch about it, but eye test and consistency, and how you're playing lately matter very much as far as getting the benefit of the doubt. An 8 seed, are you ****ing shitting me? Where does our resume warrant that? I think it will be last 4 in if that, and the way we're playing we probably won't have to sweat. In all reality, what does it prove? That we can hope go to the NCAAT with the largest expenditures in the country on recruiting and maybe hope to win a game. That is NOT a winning culture, and it is NOT what we are paying for. Lots of people need to get their heads out of their asses and realize when 30-40-50 year fans don't give a shit about watching it anymore, there's a major problem. When we can't beat PU home or away for four year or make the tourney, yeah there's a major f'n problem, and Lander ain't fixing it on his own. So people need to be adults and realize we've paid Archie 10M and it's not working, he's rich, maybe stressed, but I won't lose sleep over canning him tomorrow. Bottom line we need a real coach, I think it's Matta, even if it's just to restore credibility for a few years. We are a joke, maybe the lowest basketball IQ in the entire country. The idea that Lander is going to come here and set off fireworks is ridiculous, we have a coach that gets the least out of what they have to work with and doesn't apparently get along with his players or staff per rumors and TV evidence.
I’d tell you to step off of the ledge, but you should just jump...

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

didn’t we just beat a top ten penn st team the game before last? Just got a really good verbal this week? But now the world is over because we lost at Purdue by 8?

you are why national broadcasters roll their eyes and/ or snicker when they talk about IU fans. Good job!

didn’t we just beat a top ten penn st team the game before last? Just got a really good verbal this week? But now the world is over because we lost at Purdue by 8?

you are why national broadcasters roll their eyes and/ or snicker when they talk about IU fans. Good job!
Because if the ones like you who are naive and don’t realize we stink and have for years. But “wait until next year “

Because if the ones like you who are naive and don’t realize we stink and have for years. But “wait until next year “

We’ll likely be preseason top 25 even if Landers doesn’t reclassify. So, I’m going to enjoy the rest of this season and also technically ‘wait until next year.’ It’s like having your cake and eating it too. But you probably hate cake...

Last edited:
Buhbye

Reactions: hondo314
I like final season polls- pre season means nothing. Again , naive

ya, obviously the last poll is the best but it’s okay to want be in the pre-season one too. Usually a good sign. But you knew that and wanted to sound wise and maybe even cool. Impressive!

We’ll likely be preseason top 25 even if Landers doesn’t reclassify. So, I’m going to enjoy the rest of this season and also technically ‘wait until next year.’ It’s like having your cake and eating it too. But you probably hate cake...
Lol. Stop. Please.

MH69, love the handle by the way. vbg

There is definitely a divide with the team and after the incident on the bench, there seem to be more questions than answers. It will be an interesting offseason no doubt. On a side note, if it is the TC vs AM
recruits, does that mean IU is in the same boat next year with JS & AD still on the team. IU basketball is so disappointing, to say the least. I believe I am going to have to lower my expectations and follow hondo & alohahahaha way of thinking.

Yes my advice is to lower your expectations, when IU was a dominant team (many years ago) after a rare loss I was disappointed and butt hurt for a day or two. Since I've lowered my expectations knowing that basically every road game is a loss, it's not so bad. I expect them to lose, and 2 minutes after a loss like last night I was over it and couldn't have cared less. It's makes watching the last few years of games much more enjoyable.

Durham can't play in a physical game. Green is your classic loose cannon. The game is a little to quick for Franklin at the moment but he has good potential. That leaves an injured Phin.

You're making way too much sense for this board's liking....

McHoop

Yes my advice is to lower your expectations, when IU was a dominant team (many years ago) after a rare loss I was disappointed and butt hurt for a day or two. Since I've lowered my expectations knowing that basically every road game is a loss, it's not so bad. I expect them to lose, and 2 minutes after a loss like last night I was over it and couldn't have cared less. It's makes watching the last few years of games much more enjoyable.
Good story.

ya, obviously the last poll is the best but it’s okay to want be in the pre-season one too. Usually a good sign. But you knew that and wanted to sound wise and maybe even cool. Impressive!
Until CAM proves he can get it done , “signs” don’t mean jack. More of the “hope” strategy from the apologist. Next year , next year , next year , or this player or that player. All garbage until he demonstrates there is legitimacy to his hire. He’s proven nothing thus far except he can lose 12/13, not beat Purdue , etc.

If I was Phinesse..
I'd be looking over my shoulder already..
Lander is coming for his minutes...
That's how UK...Carolina..Duke..Kansas..Are constantly good..
There's alway's a new recruit who can play your position..
Most likely Lander and Phinisee both start. That might cure our guard issues, at least it will go a long way towards curing it. If I’m Phinisee, I’m concentrating on improving my shooting the entire off season.

Until CAM proves he can get it done , “signs” don’t mean jack. More of the “hope” strategy from the apologist. Next year , next year , next year , or this player or that player. All garbage until he demonstrates there is legitimacy to his hire. He’s proven nothing thus far except he can lose 12/13, not beat Purdue , etc.

lol

#worst9seedEVAR

1. What incident on the bench?
2. Maybe Archie should remove TC recruits. Play with Walk ons but at least play hard.

1. What incident on the bench?
2. Maybe Archie should remove TC recruits. Play with Walk ons but at least play hard.
I think they mean the Miller\Flint discussion on the bench. They were both animated and dropped a couple f-bombs (referring to someone else, not each other) but it also seemed that they disagreed about something and Miller was pissed off about it.

MH69, love the handle by the way. vbg

There is definitely a divide with the team and after the incident on the bench, there seem to be more questions than answers. It will be an interesting offseason no doubt. On a side note, if it is the TC vs AM
recruits, does that mean IU is in the same boat next year with JS & AD still on the team. IU basketball is so disappointing, to say the least. I believe I am going to have to lower my expectations and follow hondo & alohahahaha way of thinking.
You’re an idiot if you think I have lower expectations than you. In fact, the low expectations mantra of some of the perpetually negative is ridiculous. I think we all have high expectations, but have different ideas about what it takes to get there. If we’d all kept that in mind this place would be far more civil, mature and enjoyable. However, it’s obvious that many here have no interest in that - all they want to do is whine and cry like children expecting instant gratification. I guess that’s enjoyable to them. . .

I call bull hockey on that. ;)

You’re an idiot if you think I have lower expectations than you. In fact, the low expectations mantra of some of the perpetually negative is ridiculous. I think we all have high expectations, but have different ideas about what it takes to get there. If we’d all kept that in mind this place would be far more civil, mature and enjoyable. However, it’s obvious that many here have no interest in that - all they want to do is whine and cry like children expecting instant gratification. I guess that’s enjoyable to them. . .
Why are you always calling posters names? You act like a 12 YO.

There’s a reason Purdue didn’t chase him hard.
So they knew he was going to fight injury's his first two years? Anything other than that is BS and you know it. When RP is a very good player when healthy.

ya, we need less of this and more of your diary. We know you hate that IU is a (projected) tourney team. You spent most of the week questioning this in your diary entries. Mature af.
More gibberish from a member of the Lowered Expectations Society. You should have your meetings in Hawaii. Aloha! Or Ferguson. I hear the beer is fabulous.

Reactions: Kyser123
What are you smoking? This is not a tourney worthy team, some may bitch about it, but eye test and consistency, and how you're playing lately matter very much as far as getting the benefit of the doubt. An 8 seed, are you ****ing shitting me? Where does our resume warrant that? I think it will be last 4 in if that, and the way we're playing we probably won't have to sweat. In all reality, what does it prove? That we can hope go to the NCAAT with the largest expenditures in the country on recruiting and maybe hope to win a game. That is NOT a winning culture, and it is NOT what we are paying for. Lots of people need to get their heads out of their asses and realize when 30-40-50 year fans don't give a shit about watching it anymore, there's a major problem. When we can't beat PU home or away for four year or make the tourney, yeah there's a major f'n problem, and Lander ain't fixing it on his own. So people need to be adults and realize we've paid Archie 10M and it's not working, he's rich, maybe stressed, but I won't lose sleep over canning him tomorrow. Bottom line we need a real coach, I think it's Matta, even if it's just to restore credibility for a few years. We are a joke, maybe the lowest basketball IQ in the entire country. The idea that Lander is going to come here and set off fireworks is ridiculous, we have a coach that gets the least out of what they have to work with and doesn't apparently get along with his players or staff per rumors and TV evidence.

You are the most emotionally fragile poster on the board.

Most projections have us as a 9 right now. We're not last 4 in.

Honest question. How many times have you watched the team play this year since they don't pass the eye test?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
You are the most emotionally fragile poster on the board.

Most projections have us as a 9 right now. We're not last 4 in.

Honest question. How many times have you watched the team play this year since they don't pass the eye test?
Go easy on him. He's said he doesn't have much time left.

Nah, grew up in Indy, took the name Columbus-Boiler when I was living for several years in OSU land.
Columbus isn’t a bad city at all. I enjoyed it when I taught at OSU. OSU football games and tailgating are a lot of fun too. Most don’t care much about basketball though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT