ADVERTISEMENT

Projecting Trump Victory

It's hard to believe that a candidate who rarely left his Delaware home, didn't campaign at all, stayed in his basement out of sight, somehow got more votes than any other candidate in history.

There's something called the smell test, and this truly, truly does not pass the smell test. You can cut it anyway you like, but Joe Biden somehow getting 80 million plus votes with what's basically a hide in your house campaign, just stinks.
I think this was just a referendum on trump. Many of those people voted against trump not for Biden. Biden could have been anyone.

They avoid the obvious to believe the fantastical. Occam would be super pissed. Also, definitely not a cult.
I think this was just a referendum on trump. Many of those people voted against trump not for Biden. Biden could have been anyone.
Back in 2016 we were told the country wouldn't have been forced to elect Trump if the Dems had just put up a decent candidate. That argument doesn't seem to hold water anymore. It's interesting to see the lengths people will go to justify their vote for the vile incompetent.

Back in 2016 we were told the country wouldn't have been forced to elect Trump if the Dems had just put up a decent candidate. That argument doesn't seem to hold water anymore. It's interesting to see the lengths people will go to justify their vote for the vile incompetent.
Correct. That argument was true in 2016. The difference in 20 was seeing trump for four years. Millions simply voted no to trump

No it's not, not when he was running against Trump. That's an indication of how bad a candidate Trump was once people realized what he actually was.
Almost 75 million Americans, that's according to the numbers bandied about, disagree. The DOW closed at 19,827.25 the day Trump took office in January of 2017. As of this morning, the DOW has surged over 30,000...Plenty of people, WORKING PEOPLE, have done VERY well under this president.

What happened is that the big money, left wing media told the masses that Trump was racist, Trump was a bully, Trump was crass, Trump wasn't "presidential" and on and on it went. People like you, so called "educated people", lol, took the bait like a nighttime catfish on the prowl...It's pathetic, it really is. This whole GD board took the bait...My Vanguard portfolio DOES NOT lie, it has prospered under Mr. Trump.

What happened is that the big money, left wing media told the masses that Trump was racist, Trump was a bully, Trump was crass, Trump wasn't "presidential" and on and on it went. People like you, so called "educated people", lol, took the bait like a nighttime catfish on the prowl...It's pathetic, it really is. This whole GD board took the bait...My Vanguard portfolio DOES NOT lie, it has prospered under Mr. Trump.
So is it all about the money with you?

In that case, how did your portfolio do under Obama?

Almost 75 million Americans, that's according to the numbers bandied about, disagree. The DOW closed at 19,827.25 the day Trump took office in January of 2017. As of this morning, the DOW has surged over 30,000...Plenty of people, WORKING PEOPLE, have done VERY well under this president.

I hear what you are saying about the board TD. And it’s reflected in the rankings of posters. Clearly. Trump did a lot of good that many of us support. He was just idiotic with the pandemic then took a divisive posture this year and sealed his own fate. He had to go. We’ll get someone better in 24 that won’t lose his shit when problems arise

Bull shards. Trump would have beaten every other D candidate.

it was still the 10 mil or so that turned on him or sat out that did him in. And I don’t believe that. Many of my dem friends preferred Pete and others to biden

it was still the 10 mil or so that turned on him or sat out that did him in. And I don’t believe that. Many of my dem friends preferred Pete and others to biden
Ds would have voted for any D, yes. That’s not what flipped WI, MI, GA, etc.

True on the 10M, though. I find it fascinating how liberals here and elsewhere seem oblivious to the underlying conservative current of the citizenry. I’m predicting the Ds lose the House in 2022, when R turnout remains Trumpian and D turnout crashes and burns. If Trump runs in 2024 against Kamala or similar, Trump’s potus again. The Ds’ only chance would be to run on something like: Make Capitalism Work For Everyone.

Ds would have voted for any D, yes. That’s not what flipped WI, MI, GA, etc.

True on the 10M, though. I find it fascinating how liberals here and elsewhere seem oblivious to the underlying conservative current of the citizenry. I’m predicting the Ds lose the House in 2022, when R turnout remains Trumpian and D turnout crashes and burns. If Trump runs in 2024 against Kamala or similar, Trump’s potus again. The Ds’ only chance would be to run on something like: Make Capitalism Work For Everyone.
Agreed on all fronts. Trump would beat Kamala handily, unless she has biden rub off on her the next four years and becomes more like same

So as long as your portfolio looks good the country and our democracy can go to hell? I bet you’d feel different if it was a Democrat doing all the destroying, regardless of your portfolio.

By the way, my portfolio did leaps and bounds better during Obama’s 8 years. Yours did as well.

So as long as your portfolio looks good the country and our democracy can go to hell? I bet you’d feel different if it was a Democrat doing all the destroying, regardless of your portfolio.

By the way, my portfolio did leaps and bounds better during Obama’s 8 years. Yours did as well.
I love this post because it demonstrates my point in contrast to the months of silly posts about white men are scared. White men are scared of losing power. That’s a joke. White R men are scared of losing money. That’s what they vote first and foremost. Always have and always will. Money and jobs. The rest is media bs.

Reactions: jet812
I love this post because it demonstrates my point in contrast to the months of silly posts about white men are scared. White men are scared of losing power. That’s a joke. White R men are scared of losing money. That’s what they vote first and foremost. Always have and always will. Money and jobs. The rest is media bs.

You don’t see any overlap between money and power?

Also, these fear messages come from right wing media and Trump. Are they completely wrong about their consumers?

Trump is all those things. In denial much?

Highly doubt his portfolio had anything to do with Trump. Of course, Obama was handed a recession and left Trump a humming economy. Yet many people act like Obama did nothing for the economy.

delusional trumpers

left wing media told the masses that Trump was racist, Trump was a bully, Trump was crass, Trump wasn't "presidential" and on and on it went.
Just how did they do that? A: By playing back the recordings of ridicuous things that he said all of the time, or stupid shit that he tweeted about.

TRUMP told the masses, with perfect clarity, that he was racist, he was a bully, he was crass, he wasn't "presidential" and on and on it went.

He is not any victim of a media conspiracy. Stop with the nonsense and victimhood. His own words and actions led to his downfall.

Exactly. I voted for him because of who he was not, not who he was. I think he’ll be a dud overall, but Trump had to go. I just wonder what most of the nut cases on this board are going to do when they don’t have tweets & sound bytes to lose their mind over anymore. Where will they direct their outrage? Maybe they’ll become interested in policy instead...

Exactly. I voted for him because of who he was not, not who he was. I think he’ll be a dud overall, but Trump had to go. I just wonder what most of the nut cases on this board are going to do when they don’t have tweets & sound bytes to lose their mind over anymore. Where will they direct their outrage? Maybe they’ll become interested in policy instead...
Yup. Trump will continue to make enough noise to fuel them for a while, especially as it relates to investigations. As for the board, if I didn’t have to rank these people, which I do, unfortunately, I’d have all but about a handful of them on ignore.

It's hard to believe that a candidate who rarely left his Delaware home, didn't campaign at all, stayed in his basement out of sight, somehow got more votes than any other candidate in history.

There's something called the smell test, and this truly, truly does not pass the smell test. You can cut it anyway you like, but Joe Biden somehow getting 80 million plus votes with what's basically a hide in your house campaign, just stinks.
What that proves is how much people hated Trump.

I just wonder what most of the nut cases on this board are going to do when they don’t have tweets & sound bytes to lose their mind over anymore. Where will they direct their outrage? Maybe they’ll become interested in policy instead...
Bannon's "flood the zone with shit" strategy worked. Pubs bought in, and Dems lost it. It was never about policy.

You don’t see any overlap between money and power?

Also, these fear messages come from right wing media and Trump. Are they completely wrong about their consumers?
Not amongst the middle and upper middle class white R voters. They care about themselves: money for their fam; their businesses; their job. The fear message is espoused by lefties on this board. They think it’s a thing. It’s not. Every rich white R I know wants everyone to do well. Power. What does power even mean. They vote and take care of themselves. Their scope is no broader

Reactions: jet812

So which is it? Did 80 million people vote for Biden because they were fooled by the msm, or was cheating involved to get to that number? You can't be butthurt about both.

I wasn't on this board back during the Obama years. What did the "nutcases on this board" do then?

My Vanguard portfolio DOES NOT lie, it has prospered under Mr. Trump.

Feb 2007 Dow $8666
Feb 2017 Dow $22248
Nov 2020 Dow $29638

Feb 2007 Dow $8666
Feb 2017 Dow $22248
Nov 2020 Dow $29638

So you're saying the jump was a lot higher under obama than under trump. maybe they should rethink their argument that they vote GOP for money. They should just say they vote for Trump and other republicans because they have been brainwashed to do so.

So you're saying the jump was a lot higher under obama than under trump. maybe they should rethink their argument that they vote GOP for money. They should just say they vote for Trump and other republicans because they have been brainwashed to do so.
There's this myth that Republicans are better with fiscal matters and the economy than are Democrats. History doesn't bear that out.

There's this myth that Republicans are better with fiscal matters and the economy than are Democrats. History doesn't bear that out.
That’s nuanced I think. History does show the economy performs better under Dems, but a certain subset of Repubs do much better under Repubs for obvious reasons

Reactions: UncleMark
That’s nuanced I think. History does show the economy performs better under Dems, but a certain subset of Repubs do much better under Repubs for obvious reasons

I doubt anyone here is in the top 1% that gets tax breaks from Repubs.

I doubt anyone here is in the top 1% that gets tax breaks from Repubs.
It’s not just top 1 percent. It’s many business owners. It’s Corp taxes. It’s regulations. It’s worker’s compensation. It’s tort reform. It’s labor regs. It’s flsa. It’s wages. Now philosophically you can think these are good or bad but regardless they impact biz owners whose earnings fall far short of top 1 percent.

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT