ADVERTISEMENT

Projecting Trump Victory

"About a month before the election, Curtis Woodall logged onto Amazon and ordered an American flag. The 72-year-old Vietnam War veteran and retired infantry soldier had taken his old flag down about a year into the Trump administration. “It hurt. It did,” Woodall said. But he didn’t want anyone in his neighborhood outside Columbia, South Carolina, to associate him with President Donald Trump’s racial rhetoric or anti-immigrant policies. He grew angry when he saw American flags on pickup trucks around town. “They’ve always got a Trump flag and the American flag,” he said. “And I said, ‘That’s bull. That is desecrating the flag that I served over 20 years with.’”

Now, at last, it looked like Trump might lose, so Woodall set his new flag on the dining room table and waited. When the election was called for Joe Biden, “I said, ‘Time for my flag to go up,’” Woodall told me by phone, a couple of weeks later. He sent me a photo of the flag, still hanging beside his garage, his own Dodge Ram pickup in the foreground.

Across the country, in their cautious euphoria after the election, foes of Trump have been embracing the flag in similar ways: unfurling it in front of their homes, waving it in the streets, or simply looking at it differently. The day Biden gave his victory speech, Nancy La Vigne, executive director of the Council on Criminal Justice’s Task Force on Policing, took out the flag she always flies on holidays and hung it outside her home in liberal Bethesda, Maryland. La Vigne meant the act as “an expression of pride in how the system of democracy actually works.” But as the hours went by and she noticed more and more flags around her neighborhood, she realized she was seeing something broader: A spontaneous reclaiming of a symbol that, in the Trump years, had come to represent only one side."

That's dumb. I've flown the flag during the administration of every President for many, many years. This is the first I've heard that some anti-Trumpers wouldn't fly the flag of THEIR country during the Trump administration. It never represented only Trumpers or Republicans. That's just really sad - for them.

Someone who supports Trump calling a man who has gone to church faithfully his entire life and shows it through empathy, kindness, and compassion every day? Yet Trump is the real Christian? The guy who has not a single compassionate bone in his body and cares about no one but home self? That’s rich. Not to mention calling him corrupt and immoral. The irony...

Biden’s Christianity isn’t any more or less than Trump. Probably not much with either. Going to Church faithfully means nothing. I’ve had too many experiences with folks sitting on the front row every Sunday.

The last four years have taught a lot people that if you see a flag flying high there's going to be an asshole underneath it. Not all obviously, you would be a fine example, but if you see a flag in Cincinnati's northern suburbs the odds are good you'll see maga hats, trump stickers and campaign signs. And if you get a little further out you get the stars and bars as a bonus.

Your thinker’s dropping stinkers. Time to flushit.
"America First!" turned out to mean, "Trump First!", "Trump Family First!," (*only if they believe 100% in Trump First!)," "Trump Cronies First!," "Republicans First!* (*only if they believe 100% in Trump First!), "Russia First!," "North Korea First!," and "China First!".

Trump got flushed by the election -- maybe you heard about it.

Trump is as anti-American as James Buchanan and Charles "Bund" Lindbergh.

Biden has a great start on corrupt and immoral. He also needs to see his priest and learn to not quote the Palmist when he’s faking being a good Catholic.
I agree that, by winning the election, Biden has taken a big step towards the elimination of corruption and immorality. Here's your guy at his typical. Maybe someday, you'll think about it and cut Trump loose.

That's dumb. I've flown the flag during the administration of every President for many, many years. This is the first I've heard that some anti-Trumpers wouldn't fly the flag of THEIR country during the Trump administration. It never represented only Trumpers or Republicans. That's just really sad - for them.
Trump supporters coopted both the American flag and the A-OK sign to be dog whistles for anti-American and at least semi-racist messages.

For several years, there has been no way to display either one unless you're a shooter like Steph Curry.

e6f4c170-5f6f-11ea-8eff-5cc4b570d884

i doubt you really didn't notice this.

Trump supporters coopted both the American flag and the A-OK sign to be dog whistles for anti-American and at least semi-racist messages.

For several years, there has been no way to display either one unless you're a shooter like Steph Curry.

e6f4c170-5f6f-11ea-8eff-5cc4b570d884

i doubt you really didn't notice this.
Very dumb. You should tell Biden to hide the US flags and remove the flag pin from his lapel during his next public appearance because they send a racist message. While you’re at it, visit my house and tell me the US flag flying from my flagpole is offensive and racist. Same with the US flag flying over every US Navy ship and every military base in the world. While you’re at it ask the astronauts to remove our flag on the moon next visit - if we have one. Things are only coopted if we allow it. I refuse to allow it. Besides, the US flag has hardly been coopted.

The OK sign is dumb too. Context matters.

Last edited:
Very dumb. You should tell Biden to hide the US flags and remove the flag pin from his lapel during his next public appearance because they send a racist message. While you’re at it, visit my house and tell me the US flag flying from my flagpole is offensive and racist. Same with the US flag flying over every US Navy ship and every military base in the world. While you’re at it ask the astronauts to remove our flag on the moon next visit - if we have one. Things are only coopted if we allow it. I refuse to allow it. Besides, the US flag has hardly been coopted.

R-i-i-g-h-t.

I can tell you're very well informed about this.

detroit-michigan-supporters-of-donald-trump-flash-the-ok-sign-outside-the-first-night-of-the-democratic-presidential-debate-the-ok-sign-is-som-W6P3H7.jpg

389u5q.jpg

Your opinion is your opinion. His is his. Neither is dumb.

R-i-i-g-h-t.

I can tell you're very well informed about this.

detroit-michigan-supporters-of-donald-trump-flash-the-ok-sign-outside-the-first-night-of-the-democratic-presidential-debate-the-ok-sign-is-som-W6P3H7.jpg

389u5q.jpg
How about focusing on the US flag? I know there are white supremacists that flash the OK sign, but context does matter. How about the flag? Is Biden wearing a flag pin because he's racist? Am I flying it over my yard because I'm racist? Do we fly it over ships because we're racists? I don't care what asshole carries the flag, but the flag is not a sign of racism. The idea is dumb.

Thinking the US flag is a racist and un-American symbol is dumb. Sometimes dumb needs to be recognized for being dumb.
i don't think that. We fly the flag every holiday. I just pointed out that certain groups have coopted the flag to have certain non-American meanings. It's not "dumb" to point out that the meaning of traditional signs, symbols and signals sometimes change.

For example, did you know that Winston Churchill opposed the war in Viet Nam?

BBC%27s+1941+%27V+for+Victory%27+campaign%2C+Winston+Churchill+promotes.JPG

i don't think that. We fly the flag every holiday. I just pointed out that certain groups have coopted the flag to have certain non-American meanings. It's not "dumb" to point out that the meaning of traditional signs, symbols and signals sometimes change.

You’re arguing with a man who spent his life in the service and asking him if he knows about war stuff. You’re a special kind....

Nixon too . . .

original.jpg

Biden’s Christianity isn’t any more or less than Trump. Probably not much with either. Going to Church faithfully means nothing. I’ve had too many experiences with folks sitting on the front row every Sunday.
True. Which is why I brought up his empathy, compassion, and kindness. You’re the one that was judging Biden’s religion. Biden shows his through his actions. What do you have for Trump?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It’s the opposite of touché. I responded to HIM calling Biden a fake Catholic. He was the one judging Biden’s religion. When I challenged him, he said I was the one that brought it up. That’s a lie, not a touché.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
True. Which is why I brought up his empathy, compassion, and kindness. You’re the one that was judging Biden’s religion. Biden shows his through his actions. What do you have for Trump?
Trump does it through cussing, the old Christian way! :(

Thinking the US flag is a racist and un-American symbol is dumb. Sometimes dumb needs to be recognized for being dumb.
But that’s not the point. The point is the serviceman doesn’t want to associate the American flag with the most despicable slime of a POTUS ever. Trump is the POTUS, symbolism of the flag notwithstanding. Trump represents the flag and vice versa. Despicable.

in short, you raise the flag out of love for your flag and country. He doesn’t out of love for his flag and country.

It’s as simple as that. Only you are imputing on him otherwise.

It’s the opposite of touché. I responded to HIM calling Biden a fake Catholic. He was the one judging Biden’s religion. When I challenged him, he said I was the one that brought it up. That’s a lie, not a touché.

Zeke I’ve worked all afternoon. I have no desire to get in a pissing contest with you like the old days. Whatever you want to say is fine.

Most Christians know there’s no book in the Bible by the name of Palm. IMO Biden goes to church for politics like most politicians. If he were paying attention he would know the book of Psalms wasn’t written by a Palmist. I am not even giving him hell about his policies on abortion.

Zeke I’ve worked all afternoon. I have no desire to get in a pissing contest with you like the old days. Whatever you want to say is fine.

Most Christians know there’s no book in the Bible by the name of Palm. IMO Biden goes to church for politics like most politicians. If he were paying attention he would know the book of Psalms wasn’t written by a Palmist. I am not even giving him hell about his policies on abortion.
All that’s fine. I’m just correcting you on saying I was the one who first judged religion . You did.

On the Sabbath? 🤨
Where is VSM when you need him?

I got so dismayed the first few years after I started my business. I worked 7 days a week. Some of my most religious clients who would have thrown a fit if they knew I worked on Sundays would call me at home on Sundays. My wife would have deflect if I wasn’t home and at the office.

or he went to church his whole life because it’s what communities do (or used to) but he wasn’t trying to be a bible scholar. We get it’s important for you to drag the dude down to the depths of our very non-Christian current douche sack. Anyway, thanks for giving the extra effort despite being all tuckered out!

Reactions: IU_Hickory
or he went to church his whole life because it’s what communities do (or used to) but he wasn’t trying to be a bible scholar. We get it’s important for you to drag the dude down to the depths of our very non-Christian current douche sack. Anyway, thanks for giving the extra effort despite being all tuckered out!

You don’t need to be a Bible scholar to know there’s a book of Psalms not Palms.

Biden was probably mindlessly reading from a prompter. His handlers might do well to hire a ventriloquist and tell Biden to just move his mouth and not think.

The media will give him a free pass whatever stupid things he says the next four years.

Reactions: 76-1
You don’t need to be a Bible scholar to know there’s a book of Psalms not Palms.

Biden was probably mindlessly reading from a prompter. His handlers might do well to hire a ventriloquist and tell Biden to just move his mouth and not think.

The media will give him a free pass whatever stupid things he says the next four years.

Just like you and faux news gave trump a pass for the last 4 years.

You just can't stand that biden is actually a decent human being.

You trying to make this a thing is a big stretch. He misspoke. So what? You need to get a grip.

Just like you and faux news gave trump a pass for the last 4 years.

You just can't stand that biden is actually a decent human being.

He’s no more decent than Trump. You excuse his corrupt family deals. I know, I know, there were none.

Edit Hopefully that decent old man doesn’t plagiarize his inauguration speech.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT