ADVERTISEMENT

Privacy

@stollcpa Hey man, are you still going to those midget stripper shows ?

Now go monitor your FB and lets see if anything pops up.. to clarify, I mean do any midget stripper adds pop up. :)
I didn’t didn’t know there were midget stripper shows. Learned something new this morning.

I doubt Zucker and his fascist fact checkers allow those type of ads.

Not naïve at all ... you're making decisions without knowing any facts. My degree is in computer science so I do know a little about them.
Did it cover enabling cameras remotely?

Or do you disable the camera at the hardware level?

Facebook can track you across multiple devices and access all kinds of information. Depending on the device, it can have access to call logs and text metadata. It knows who your friends are, who you're spending time with, where you are, what their interests are that correspond with yours, etc.

The amount of data about you that Facebook has access to is mind boggling when you start thinking about it.

You can be in a group setting, talking about a topic or product, and if one person in the group searches for the topic of conversation, you'll all likely get the ad for it.

Facebook is a data collection and ad delivery platform with pictures of cats, babies and meals.

Facebook can track you across multiple devices and access all kinds of information. Depending on the device, it can have access to call logs and text metadata. It knows who your friends are, who you're spending time with, where you are, what their interests are that correspond with yours, etc.

The amount of data about you that Facebook has access to is mind boggling when you start thinking about it.

You can be in a group setting, talking about a topic or product, and if one person in the group searches for the topic of conversation, you'll all likely get the ad for it.

Facebook is a data collection and ad delivery platform with pictures of cats, babies and meals.
Why would people want to give up all their privacy up?

In the case of Facebook, to belong is my guess.

This stuff has become part of what I do for a living. When I see what our people and retail clients can do with the info made available, it's freaking scary.

In the case of Facebook, to belong is my guess.

This stuff has become part of what I do for a living. When I see what our people and retail clients can do with the info made available, it's freaking scary.
This is the closest I get to social media.

Reactions: F.Fletch
Did it cover enabling cameras remotely?

Or do you disable the camera at the hardware level?
Hardware level. It's kinda a pain in the ass because I have to do something else also to get it to work... don't hardly ever use it so I made it difficult to turn back on. :)

Reactions: UncleMark
I didn’t didn’t know there were midget stripper shows. Learned something new this morning.

I doubt Zucker and his fascist fact checkers allow those type of ads.

The Southern Indiana franchise is available if you're interested in an exciting new financial opportunity.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
1. They don't realize they're doing it.
2. They don't realize they're doing it.
3. They don't realize they're doing it.

Even Bill Gates and Steve Jobs don't/didn't know everything computers do.

Reactions: stollcpa
So I’ve noticed more and more that soon after conversations, ads start showing up on my Facebook feed.

For instance this weekend, I complained about my mattress causing a stiff neck and sore back. I only discussed verbally with another person. Within hours I am getting ads on my FB feed touting mattresses to assist with my soreness.

Does anyone have an explanation other than FB listens to our conversations whether FB is on or off? Does this bother you folks like it does me? Is the only answer to get rid of our cell phones? Can we start large class action lawsuit?
My son is fluent in Spanish. He usually talks in Spanish when he is out in the field. He then gets pop-up ads on his phone in Spanish.

Reactions: stollcpa

the frog in the pot thing.

everyone was already in by the time they knew what was going on, and after 10,000 entities are tracking you, the thinking is wtf why not on 10,001.

i would call this a total failure of govt, and an abdication of their responsibilities.

of course politicians see themselves as representing those funding them, not those living in their districts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT