ADVERTISEMENT

Preview of the Minnesota series...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
I don't think Coach Mercer and the team need us to tell them how important this series is and there's a good chance this series will be the difference in making the B1G tournament or not. Get into the tournament and anything can happen. The Gophers are coming off taking two of three last weekend against Nebraska, but had just two B1G wins before that. The Huskers are having a hugely disappointing season after being tabbed the preseason favorite in the conference, and their problem has been the opposite of IU's in that they struggle to score runs. Given the season the Gophers have had, it's no surprise they are well down in the rankings in the three major categories of batting, pitching, and fielding in the B1G. Here are their rankings compared to IU:

Team batting:
IU - 6th with an avg. of .280 Minn - 12th with an avg. of .248

Team pitching:
IU -13th (last) with an ERA of 7.02 Minn - 9th with an ERA of 6.15

Team fielding:
IU - tied for 5th with a fielding pct of 0.974 with 43 errors (48 games) Minn - 10th with a fielding pct of 0.964 with 59 errors (45 games)

Saturday's game has been shifted to a 4 p.m. start time and WILL be on BTN. It is also Senior Day and Bark in the Park day.

Weather foreceast:
Fri - High of 87 and mostly sunny with no precip and winds 7 mph with gusts to 13.
Sat - High of 80 and partly sunny with possible afternoon TSs and winds 6 mph with gusts to 9.
Sun - High of 82 with a mix of clouds and sun with a stray TS possible and winds 6 mph with gusts to 12.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Actually the Saturday game is now on BTN. It was not originally scheduled to be televised and was moved to 4pm so BTN COULD televise it.

IU accidentally wrote the word ‘not’ in the release when it should of been written as ‘now’.

Game Saturday IS on BTN if weather does not force the start time to change.

Reactions: ptrich
Actually the Saturday game is now on BTN. It was not originally scheduled to be televised and was moved to 4pm so BTN COULD televise it.

IU accidentally wrote the word ‘not’ in the release when it should of been written as ‘now’.

Game Saturday IS on BTN if weather does not force the start time to change.
Yes, thanks. I saw it on the BTN lineup, but the preview released by IU, as you indicated, said it was not so I thought there had been a change. I made an editing change to the initial post. I might add that IU has not corrected their initial preview article on it, but the BTN has it on their lineup for tomorrow.

I also thought I would add that the last game of the regular season at Iowa on Saturday, May 21st at 9 p.m. (ET) will be in ESPNU.

Last edited:
This 4 pm start means I'll have to watch my pregame beer consumption now. Not sure how that makes me feel...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT