ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty good summary on Aminu Mohammed here

“He has to be more consistent knocking down that perimeter jump shot,” Harmon said

If Archie hasn't learned it yet I don't know if he ever will. Indiana needs shooters.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
“He has to be more consistent knocking down that perimeter jump shot,” Harmon said

If Archie hasn't learned it yet I don't know if he ever will. Indiana needs shooters.

Michael Jordan shot 32% from 3 for his career. Magic shot 30. How did they win championships?

Michael Jordan shot 32% from 3 for his career. Magic shot 30. How did they win championships?

For both players, hard work and a competitive nature.

Jordan added some offense to his arsenal, specifically the turnaround jumper that was a deadly weapon later in his career.

Check out this video

NOTE: Cheaney is on "D" in some of these highlights

For both players, hard work and a competitive nature.

Jordan added some offense to his arsenal, specifically the turnaround jumper that was a deadly weapon later in his career.

Check out this video

NOTE: Cheaney is on "D" in some of these highlights
It was a rhetorical question. Not every player has to be a shooter. Just because we shot poorly last year doesn't mean we will next and you don't pass up on a talent like Aminu because he has one weakness. Jordan and Johnson were both "poor" shooters, but they brought so much more to the game.

Good vid though ..

It was a rhetorical question. Not every player has to be a shooter. Just because we shot poorly last year doesn't mean we will next and you don't pass up on a talent like Aminu because he has one weakness. Jordan and Johnson were both "poor" shooters, but they brought so much more to the game.

Good vid though ..

I knew it rhetorical, but not everybody is old enough to have seen these players. Also, I thought it might be possible that one or two posters don't fully understand that there is more to shooting than 3pt%, and that a player can develop his shot, and find and develop new ways to be efficient on offense.

Reactions: T.M.P.

Well, Jordan won one championship at UNC by hitting a jumper before there was a three point line. He won one by passing to Kerr for a jumper, and he won his last by hitting a jumper.

Magic passed the ball to Cooper, Thompson, Worthy in transition and he passed it to Mr. Sky Hook the rest of the time.

I am not blind to the fact this kid is a big time scorer. But without shooters on the roster it won't be enough. IU didn't win with Bracey and they didn't win with Romeo, and neither was a good outside shooter. But Bracey would have looked like Matt Roth compared to IU's 3pt shooters last season.

Good vid though ..

It is a reasonable point to make about the talent level. IU only had two guys who could really score last year, and only one consistently, so an aggressive scorer would help. We don't know what happens after next (assumed) season. But one could imagine TJD being gone, and the only guy over 6'8" on the team being freshman Logan Duncomb. So you don't have much inside threat there, and instead of being loaded with shooters, you have a bunch of 6'4"-6'7" guys who can't shoot a lick. If I am coaching against that team, I pack it in, stop the drive and make them shoot 3's.

. Magic and Jordan are two of the best players of all time. IU doesn't have that either and I'm guessing this kid isn't Jordan or Magic. Also it doesn't take in the fact the game has changed drastically since those guys played. The College Game now is all about shooting 3 's. The mid range game that they excelled at almost doesn't exist. Pretty sure Jordan and Magic would be better 3 point shooters playing in today's game.

It is a reasonable point to make about the talent level. IU only had two guys who could really score last year, and only one consistently, so an aggressive scorer would help. We don't know what happens after next (assumed) season. But one could imagine TJD being gone, and the only guy over 6'8" on the team being freshman Logan Duncomb. So you don't have much inside threat there, and instead of being loaded with shooters, you have a bunch of 6'4"-6'7" guys who can't shoot a lick. If I am coaching against that team, I pack it in, stop the drive and make them shoot 3's.
Race will still be at IU, giving us 2 over 6'8" - which is not enough!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT