ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason opens

Still no roster from the IU Arh. Dept. and no written story for opening day. If there is any single individual in charge of information/publications for IU baseball he/she is doing a piss poor job.

Any word on the new video board? Is it already in place?

Question for anyone in the know----does the ath. dept try coordinate hotel accomodations et al for the players' families and IU fans for tourneys like that in M.B.? Have any get togethers on site? I'm not talking about paying for things.....just hosting

Thanks to Snowling and the other fan sites for keeping up to date.

Still no roster from the IU Arh. Dept. and no written story for opening day. If there is any single individual in charge of information/publications for IU baseball he/she is doing a piss poor job.

I understand how it is difficult determining the roster of 35, especially how they have to work out the tricky scholarship allotments. But one would think the deadline for the roster limit of 35 is the start of practice? I googled to see if there was a date but I could not find anything. If they know it, it would take about 5 seconds to put it up on their site. Agreed, if someone is responsible for it, definitely doing a piss poor job.

The new video board is not in place yet. The plan from what I understand is to have it ready for the home opener. There were some new electronics in the dugouts . Seemed like cameras that you see for security. They were at the far end of each dugout furthest from home plate . Might be for getting shots of the field. They are definitely new.

Question for anyone in the know----does the ath. dept try coordinate hotel accomodations et al for the players' families and IU fans for tourneys like that in M.B.? Have any get togethers on site? I'm not talking about paying for things.....just hosting

Been over this many times here, final rosters are not due till early February, so one will be out soon. Roster limit is 35, and the travel roster is usually around 27. If it’s such a problem email Greg Kincaid and voice your opinion, you can fin his email at IUhoosiers.com

New video board construction has begun, digging taking place today, and estimated finish is by the home opener in March.

Hotel/travel/meals are arranged by the team DOPS and staff usually, IU/b10 and the NCAA handle that come tournament time. Family’s and fans make their own arrangements.

The new video board is not in place yet. The plan from what I understand is to have it ready for the home opener. There were some new electronics in the dugouts . Seemed like cameras that you see for security. They were at the far end of each dugout furthest from home plate . Might be for getting shots of the field. They are definitely new.
The cameras are part of pitching and hitting system (hittrax and pitchtrax) put in place for the coaches and players to use for film study and analysis. I believe they can also be used for broadcast purposes, not 100% on that though.

Reactions: jmbennett

The final roster isn’t set. That’s why there is no roster.

The videoboard must be completed by March 1, per the contract with the winning bid. That is before the home opener. These types of things don’t typically take very long, so I suspect you’ll see it up before then.

Reactions: jmbennett

One interesting comment was Lloyd saying he hoped to play as much at first or second as possible.....if he can play passable D at second it frees up Dunham or Bradley to DH........Bradley really hit well in the Fall and everyone thinks Dunham has great potential......only problem is that all 3 are lefties.

So many questions right now about 2nd.....if Lloyd spends a lot of time there, who will come in when Lloyd closes.....Bunnell or Stratton or even Walker.......also means we could have a .300 hitter batting 8th.

Also, I think with so many veteran arms there may be dual closers or even closer by committee....anybody know who else is being considered for that role?

One interesting comment was Lloyd saying he hoped to play as much at first or second as possible.....if he can play passable D at second it frees up Dunham or Bradley to DH........Bradley really hit well in the Fall and everyone thinks Dunham has great potential......only problem is that all 3 are lefties.

So many questions right now about 2nd.....if Lloyd spends a lot of time there, who will come in when Lloyd closes.....Bunnell or Stratton or even Walker.......also means we could have a .300 hitter batting 8th.

Also, I think with so many veteran arms there may be dual closers or even closer by committee....anybody know who else is being considered for that role?
Cal Krueger closed a few games in Fall Ball. Looked nasty. Lots of swing and misses. I’d say he’s on their mind for the next option

Reactions: RBB89
I know Lloyd wants to play as much in the field as possible....I mean, who doesn't want to play as much as possible? But I would think he would have to be a lot better defensive option than the others, if you are going to take away his DH and the chance to get warmed up for pitching. Probably also depends on if there are other reliable options. Last year, seems like he was the only one that was able to successfully close games and they had to go to him.

Herrin had some big saves after he moved to the pen. More than one inning to. I think he’s gonna be 7th or 8th inning though . Coach set it up more than once in the fall for Cal to close . During that night game he got Lloyd, Sowers and Miller out to end it. I guess we’d need a new Sunday guy then though.

Reactions: snowling
Good article on pitchers, except that Litwicki is out this season due to Tommy John, and he forgot to mention Eaton. Pitching depth is going to be a huge asset, and will allow IU to get into matchup strategies in close games.

Good article on pitchers, except that Litwicki is out this season due to Tommy John, and he forgot to mention Eaton. Pitching depth is going to be a huge asset, and will allow IU to get into matchup strategies in close games.
So how does that work for the roster? I see it is up now, and Litwicki is 1 of the 35. Seems to be, he shouldn't take up a spot if he is out for the year? Or does he have to for scholarship reasons??

So how does that work for the roster? I see it is up now, and Litwicki is 1 of the 35. Seems to be, he shouldn't take up a spot if he is out for the year? Or does he have to for scholarship reasons??
That's a good question. Not sure how that works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT