ADVERTISEMENT

Pregame Pep Talk

mk23

Senior
Dec 7, 2005
Just watched the bucket game again. And before I get unsportsmanlike, after-the-whistle, piling-on hits from every Tom, Dick, and Harry on this board - I really wish they’d keep the cameras out of our locker room.

Players surely love TA (as do I), but that jumping around and yelling stuff looks incredibly canned. Ultra uninspiring. Watch the players faces when he’s going quasi-berserk, am I missing something?

Last edited:
Just watched the bucket game again. And before I get unsportsmanlike, after-the-whistle, piling-on hits from every Tom, Dick, and Harry on this board - I really wish they’d keep the cameras out of our locker room.

Players surely love TA (as do I), but that jumping around and yelling stuff looks incredibly canned. Ultra uninspiring. Am I missing something?

Agree to a point. But it definitely seems to resonate with these young men. They have bought into CTA Inspirational LEO motto. May look odd from outside looking in. But if it works as it seems so be it.

IUFB LEO!!!

goooo Hoosiers

Reactions: mk23
I don't have any problem with the pep talk itself but I do think it ought to be taped (for posterity) rather than live...

That's "family" time, TEAM only, stuff as far as I'm concerned...

We don't need to see it. All we merit seeing is the final result...(in my opinion)...

Players surely love TA (as do I), but that jumping around and yelling stuff looks incredibly canned. Ultra uninspiring. Watch the players faces when he’s going quasi-berserk, am I missing something?
Agree 100%,it looks staged and a bit hokey to me but didn’t want to say anything unless someone else brought it up.

The players seem to like it, and it’s, you know, WORKING, so I’m not really sure why this needed a thread. After the game, we had a player declare him the best coach in America on camera and another ride his back for 15 yards. How about a thread on that?

The players seem to like it, and it’s, you know, WORKING, so I’m not really sure why this needed a thread. After the game, we had a player declare him the best coach in America on camera and another ride his back for 15 yards. How about a thread on that?
Uhhh ok. Just be sure to stick around 24/7 in case I think about starting another thread. I'll check with you first to make sure it's ok. F-ing genius.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT