ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions...

55- 60% back

If he beats both Purdue and Ohio State it goes up to 75% back.

Why haven't there been any rumors or inside info that suggest Crean will be retained? Why is it that all the rumors are about candidates contacted, etc...? Is it all just wishful gossip? I think more than likely some of the inside info is legit, if not in specifics, in intention. So, I would say Crean is gone.

55- 60% back

If he beats both Purdue and Ohio State it goes up to 75% back.
If he was coming back the athletic office would have contacted all of these sites & would have told them they are cutting off access if they don't remove these post like they did two years ago. He's gone!!! He is OK with it, not sure why your not.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Didn't see this originally. Will you explain the situation with whatever detail you can spare?
The impression was given that IU dispatched two representatives to that game in order to gauge the interest of one or both coaches. The emissaries were rumored to have worn IU gear, just like people do when attending a recruit's game. It was very mysterious and under the radar. I don't think anyone actually fell for it, though.

The impression was given that IU dispatched two representatives to that game in order to gauge the interest of one or both coaches. The emissaries were rumored to have worn IU gear, just like people do when attending a recruit's game. It was very mysterious and under the radar. I don't think anyone actually fell for it, though.
Not true at all. Have no idea what they wore to the game if I was guessing it was UCLA stuff. But they are friends of the IU program and not sure if they were sent but for sure they talked to both coaches while there.

Not true at all. Have no idea what they wore to the game if I was guessing it was UCLA stuff. But they are friends of the IU program and not sure if they were sent but for sure they talked to both coaches while there.
Talked to both coaches specifically about the IU job that isn't currently open? And it was public enough that you know about it, as well as other Internet forum jockeys? That's not remotely close to how contact is made and, if accurate, it would make IU and Glass look like foolish amateurs.

Sorry, but Glass was right: Those who don't know talk, and those who do know stay quiet.

Reactions: reabhnt
Talked to both coaches specifically about the IU job that isn't currently open? And it was public enough that you know about it, as well as other Internet forum jockeys? That's not remotely close to how contact is made and, if accurate, it would make IU and Glass look like foolish amateurs.

Sorry, but Glass was right: Those who don't know talk, and those who do know stay quiet.
Did I say talked to both coaches about the IU job? You just make stuff up. I'm sorry but if you keep stalking me I'm going to report you.

Did I say talked to both coaches about the IU job? You just make stuff up. I'm sorry but if you keep stalking me I'm going to report you.
I asked you 2 days ago why they were there if not for that, as you clearly suggested they were. You chose to not answer. And there's been no stalking.

I asked you 2 days ago why they were there if not for that, as you clearly suggested they were. You chose to not answer. And there's been no stalking.
They were for many reasons, business, to see family, watch good cbb. But both people already knew there is going to be an opening at IU. Maybe through agents it has come known that both coaches would listen to IU after their season is over.

They were for many reasons, business, to see family, watch good cbb. But both people already knew there is going to be an opening at IU. Maybe through agents it has come known that both coaches would listen to IU after their season is over.
But they would funnel all of that through their representatives to create both deniability as well as to shield them from internal or external scrutiny should any discussions be made public. And they would never discuss an open job so directly and in the public domain. Knight once excommunicated Alford for simply providing an off the cuff response to an innocent question on the subject of coaching at IU someday. These guys know the drill and they employ representatives specifically to look after these kinds of situations. Any direct contact would be viewed harshly and would signal a clear lack of understanding on the part of the approaching party.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
But they would funnel all of that through their representatives to create both deniability as well as to shield them from internal or external scrutiny should any discussions be made public. And they would never discuss an open job so directly and in the public domain. Knight once excommunicated Alford for simply providing an off the cuff response to an innocent question on the subject of coaching at IU someday. These guys know the drill and they employ representatives specifically to look after these kinds of situations. Any direct contact would be viewed harshly and would signal a clear lack of understanding on the part of the approaching party.
You are correct on all of that. If I knew how to send you a message on here I would to clear it up for you, but we are both correct.

@Jordan Wells
@Stu Jackson

thoughts on if CTC will be back? Please I hope not!!
Hope not. Glass should have been publicly supportive well before now. I hope he's working his butt off behind the scenes, touching bases with his AD friends, completing the due diligence that's required. Moving fast and aggressively will be key to making the home run hire. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, right?

@Jordan Wells
@Stu Jackson

thoughts on if CTC will be back? Please I hope not!!
Glass was probably hoping CTC could win his way back for another year. I don't think he can or will. At this point, CTC coming back would be so far removed from what is needed and it would be impossible to sell his return to the fans, alumni, and season ticket buyers.

Reactions: bsmitty08
You are correct on all of that. If I knew how to send you a message on here I would to clear it up for you, but we are both correct.

Dude...if you can't bring up stuff all the way, why bring it up at all? Makes you look a little like an attention *garden tool*. "Shhh...I've got secret information, but I can't tell you all of it. Please believe me...I'm an anonymous poster, after all."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT