ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
I think we are close enough to next Tuesday now for a final prediction thread. What have you all?

I'm currently going with a cross between a blue wave and a more conservative result:

Biden 357
Dems Senate 53
Dems House 242

Reactions: bigmac76
Net gain of 6 Senate seats?
I'm convinced by recent Georgia polls, and I think it's indicative that Senators are particularly vulnerable because they are hit from both sides - people who don't like Trump, and Trumpers who think they haven't been supportive enough. So the only truly vulnerable GOP Senator I have winning is Daines.

Net gain of 6 Senate seats?

Trump's favorite pollster (Zogby) is saying it could be 7 or 8...

• Wow
Reactions: outside shooter
I'm convinced by recent Georgia polls, and I think it's indicative that Senators are particularly vulnerable because they are hit from both sides - people who don't like Trump, and Trumpers who think they haven't been supportive enough. So the only truly vulnerable GOP Senator I have winning is Daines.
Daines is the only vulnerable GOP senator that I can say I really hope he wins. The others are blah to me. I think he wins and Alabama flips.
That gives you Iowa, Colorado, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina.

Collins is so bad I had forgotten about her.
I guess I could see that scenario but man that's a tough draw
It sounds crazy when you look at the number, but look at this map, and tell me where I'm clearly wrong.

5PYZ7a.png

I mean, obviously, there are places I could be wrong, but I'm not predicting anything crazy, here.

It sounds crazy when you look at the number, but look at this map, and tell me where I'm clearly wrong.

5PYZ7a.png

I mean, obviously, there are places I could be wrong, but I'm not predicting anything crazy, here.
I think your scenario is realistic. I think it's just a tough putt to sweep those states.
Gotta have 2 Dem senators in Georgia sounds crazy but becoming plausible. Do the Mormons in Arizona turn out for McSally? We know they dislike Trump.
Definitely possible.

I think your scenario is realistic. I think it's just a tough putt to sweep those states.
Gotta have 2 Dem senators in Georgia sounds crazy but becoming plausible. Do the Mormons in Arizona turn out for McSally? We know they dislike Trump.
Definitely possible.
Yeah, like I said above, I've been convinced by the consistency of recent Georgia polling. That may end being my downfall. It's quite possible both seats could go red. Quite very really possible.

Just as I said to Spartans about the Senate, Georgia could be my undoing. But the blue shift in the polls has been consistent for two weeks now. I really think it's flipping.

Florida is a coin toss. It could easily go either way. I think Georgia is similar, I split them but in reality, I suspect it is like MI and WI, the same person will win both.

The early vote combined with House District polls in PA make it seem more and more like PA has slipped away from Trump...

Can confirm. Basically the 4 high-population counties that circle Philly (Bucks, Montgomery, Chester and Delaware) are going to go for Ds in ways they never have before...and they used to be a bedrock of Republican votes/$. The places that Trump plays well in central and north PA are shrinking populations who also like Biden (of Scranton) much more than Hillary. Remember that Wilmington, DE is basically a Philly suburb and JB a regular at Eagles/Sixers games.

Can confirm. Basically the 4 high-population counties that circle Philly (Bucks, Montgomery, Chester and Delaware) are going to go for Ds in ways they never have before...and they used to be a bedrock of Republican votes/$. The places that Trump plays well in central and north PA are shrinking populations who also like Biden (of Scranton) much more than Hillary. Remember that Wilmington, DE is basically a Philly suburb and JB a regular at Eagles/Sixers games.
Lots of people love Trump. Nobody loves Joe.

Florida is a coin toss. It could easily go either way. I think Georgia is similar, I split them but in reality, I suspect it is like MI and WI, the same person will win both.
That's smart. I'm not sure I buy it, because it seems like the only thing Florida correlates with is Florida, but you're probably right when push comes to shove.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

In normal years I'm agreeing with you more in regards to campaign energy.

This year you've got one campaign that is broke so they are charging the American tax payer to fly him around from old school rally to rally.

You've got the other guy who is using the #1 topic on the campaign to lead by example, that's there is a current health pandemic.

One guys actions are desperate and reckless, the other is conscious of the current zeitgeist and in turn....makes it pretty easy to make a contrast.

Also there's going to be what...120 to 130 million votes cast? A 3000 to 5000 person rally isn't a pube on the ass of the overall voting block.

William Hung had a pretty big fan base in the early 00's that would come out and see him.

Trump supporters do love their Trump against all humane logic.

Yeah, but I’ve never seen one side hate another like the D’s hate Trump.

And I never thought I’d say that after 2016. People absolutely loathed HRC.

My vote was driven more by being terrified of four more years of Trump vs support for Biden/Harris. We’ve got record numbers of women turning out in TX, and also record numbers of young people. I suspect it’s the same elsewhere as well. Those groups overwhelmingly reject Trump.

And I suspect the “hidden” voter this year will be a voter that votes down ticket for pubs, yet either votes for Biden OR doesn’t vote for anyone in the presidential slot on the ballot. That’s the only thing that explains the support for senator John Cornyn in TX, and the presidential polls. There’s consistently been a 5-7 point difference in the polls. That doesn’t happen by accident.

I agree with Goat re: numbers, only GA splits the senators. The “blue wave” (second time in a row) will push the senate blue.

The thing we haven’t talked about is state government races. Given that it’s a redistricting year, dem gains there will be HUGE for future national races. That’s because any map will probably be tempered, as opposed to drawn in a way that clearly favors pubs. That’s because the state government will need to compromise, given that it’ll likely be split.

It’s long overdue one many places. Take my district. My congressman barely won the last two times, and isn’t running again (Will Hurd). Somehow the guy represents El Paso- and northern San Antonio. The part that’s fairly red, normally. These places are at least an 8 hours drive apart.

In short, that’s a gerrymandered all to hell map in TX. Another example is packing Corpus Christi with Brownsville. You couldn’t have two different areas if you tried. In every conceivable way. They did it that way because they know voter turnout on the border is always lower, and the (mostly) white conservative folks in Corpus Christi will win out, thus keeping the seat red.

Can’t we just agree on some national standards for districting AND voting best practices? I doubt that what’s happening now is something the framers contemplated. The game is rigged in many ways now, and I hope this is an anomaly and not a pattern. And yes, I’m including a state like Maryland as a place that needs a new map.

I'm torn, but I'm going with:

I hope you and Goat are more right than me and I'm more right than Hillz (okay, there's really never any worry about that second one. ;) )

Nate Silver: No Evidence of Race Tightening.

Everyday bum translation: Trump's f*cked.

PA is going to give me an ulcer. I have major anxiety about Trump pulling an upset there, which could unravel the whole thing.

Reactions: codylance
ADVERTISEMENT