ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: Spartans @ Hoosiers

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
Another biggie! Well, they all are big games. All of the rest of our conference games Indiana is playing uphill. MSU is favored by...well no one in Btown.

MSU lost big on the road a week ago against lil bro upstate. But just beat UW at home...yawn.

We probably are up on the information that their guards haven't played up to par recently. But they are really good. And their wing is playing better. They are a very good team defending the 3. They excel at assists and rebounding. And MSU sits at the top of the B1G.

But wait a minute...Indiana swept the spastics twice last year...ok, that was last year. It took the whole team...and Smith to win it. So do what we do and do it well: rebounds...especially; get to the line and make them at a better clip; grab loose balls; get some transition points...a lot of them; shoot and hit the open 3; play defense like you mean it team; move on offense; watch that shot selection; get a good start; and the fans have to be loud. Well yeah...but just do it.

Boo Izzo and wish Dane Fife the best except when coaching against IU.

MSU 71; Indiana 75

Last edited:
Another biggie! Well, they all are big games. All of the rest of our conference games Indiana is playing uphill. MSU is favored by...well no one in Btown.

MSU lost big on the road a week ago against lil bro upstate. But just beat UW at home...yawn.

We probably are up on the information that their guards haven't played up to par recently. But they are really good. And their wing is playing better. They are a very good team defending the 3. And MSU sits at the top of the B1G.

But wait a minute...Indiana swept the spastics twice last year...ok, that was last year. It took the whole team...and Smith to win it. So do what we do and do it well: rebounds...especially; get to the line and make them at a better clip; grab loose balls; play defense like you mean it team; move on offense; watch that shot selection; get a good start; and the fans have to be loud. Well yeah...but just do it.

MSU 71; Indiana 75

Huge opportunity to bring Sparty back to the crowd in the B10 race and put us in a crowd 1 game behind. If this team is serious about making the tourney, we'll see their best effort tonight.

Reactions: Al Bino
This is a put up or shut up game. Will the team play with a consistent effort for a full 40 minutes against what is currently the best team in the Big Ten? Will the defensive intensity hold up during the inevitable second half scoring drought?

A win against Sparty would pair nicely with the win over Florida State in December.

IU 68
MSU 66
OT
Izzo gets swept in the Hoosier state.
Izzo's stale dribble drive hand off O gets stuffed.
Wake up from dream...

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine

We probably are up on the information that their guards haven't played up to par recently. But they are really good. And their wing is playing better. They are a very good team defending the 3. They excel at assists and rebounding. And MSU sits at the top of the B1G.

But wait a minute...Indiana swept the spastics twice last year...ok, that was last year. It took the whole team...and Smith to win it. So do what we do and do it well: rebounds...especially; get to the line and make them at a better clip; grab loose balls; get some transition points...a lot of them; shoot and hit the open 3; play defense like you mean it team; move on offense; watch that shot selection; get a good start; and the fans have to be loud. Well yeah...but just do it.

MSU 71; Indiana 75

I actually like our chances tonight, for once, because we obviously match up well against them based on last year results. We need to get the ball inside and not have guards dueling with Winston. Contain him, and I mean, contain him in every way, not just keep him off the score card. If they can do that, we have a chance. I could also see a blowout if they don't do exactly that and he's dishing 3's and ally oops all game long, I'm sure they want payback for last year

I am glad to see so many picking us to win. I feel like we have a good chance to win and a better chance to beat Maryland. Winning these two games would add separation between us and the bottom half of the conference for now. If we win enough to stay in the top 7, we will have plenty to get into the NCAA. We only have 4 losses. We need to keep losses in the single digits.

IU 72 - Molest State U 70

I’d love to see our record in late night Thursday games. I can’t recall one we’ve lost in 10 or more years. The Hall will be rocking and we start 15-0 from home court advantage. I think it’s close but we pull it off.

65-61 Hoosiers

Reactions: .Gerdis
I am glad to see so many picking us to win. I feel like we have a good chance to win and a better chance to beat Maryland. Winning these two games would add separation between us and the bottom half of the conference for now. If we win enough to stay in the top 7, we will have plenty to get into the NCAA. We only have 4 losses. We need to keep losses in the single digits.

IU 72 - Molest State U 70
I'm surprised rape enabler Izzo did not catch on fire when he entered FW Blackhawk Christian HS to recruit Indiana HS players.

Hoosiers have a way of letting me down when I buy in so hoping they prove me wrong. Mich St - 78, IU 72. Anybody know the spread?

I’d love to see our record in late night Thursday games. I can’t recall one we’ve lost in 10 or more years. The Hall will be rocking and we start 15-0 from home court advantage. I think it’s close but we pull it off.

65-61 Hoosiers
Someone hack your account? You sound like a fan in this post and I don't remember that happening before.

Someone hack your account? You sound like a fan in this post and I don't remember that happening before.

after we win the next two games they’ll be more people who usually appear down on everything IU basketball posting in a more optimistic tone.

Reactions: kkott
This is a put up or shut up game. Will the team play with a consistent effort for a full 40 minutes against what is currently the best team in the Big Ten? Will the defensive intensity hold up during the inevitable second half scoring drought?

A win against Sparty would pair nicely with the win over Florida State in December.

I thought the OSU & Nebraska games were both "must win" games for Archie's future It was Season on the Brink there.

I don't think MSU & Maryland are, but I like your "put up or shut up" description.......the question is, is this a team that must be taken seriously, or are we PSU or Minnesota?

These games are also important to see if we can get the AH mojo back. Hopefully, we'll have 17000 there(?). I wasn't at the OSU game, but the 3-4 I've seen were sparse & lethargic, with the pregame hype being more sad than anything......and the fans just not liking this team much.

I think we do get it done in a squeaker, 67-66.

Reactions: kkott
I can’t remember Izzo ever losing three times in a row to a non blue blood. I hope tonight’s not the night!

Got a feeling we get a sharp effort from MSU tonight after the flogging in Mackey and the sweep last season. If that's the case effort and home court won't be enough. Hoosiers need to play to potential finally, then ride the wave.

MSU 83 IU 71
Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look.
Don't you know how it all ends? Cassius dies by his own sword. The very same sword that betrayed and killed Julius Ceasar.

Cassius is toast. He gets bad information. And is carried off the field after causing his own failure.

Probably a flagrant foul and he is removed and never seen again.

Reactions: ReallyMadMax
Got a feeling we get a sharp effort from MSU tonight after the flogging in Mackey and the sweep last season. If that's the case effort and home court won't be enough. Hoosiers need to play to potential finally, then ride the wave.

perhaps. I do expect a good effort from State, but they aren’t the team they were last year (or have been pretty much every year lately). The Big Ten is as strong at the bottom as I can remember, but it’s weaker than normal at the top, This isn’t a typical 1-2 NCAA seed Spartan team, IMHO.

if we could sweep them last year, we should easily win tonight.

I agree that we have yet to see this team play to its potential. I actually still think we are only scratching the surface of what this team should be. However, our defense has been much improved, and so has our effort. Last year we swept MSU and that was with a team that had quit on Miller, and was basically sleepwalking through games. I expect a good effort from MSU, but an even better one from IU.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
I’m always a fan. I just try to be objective and realistic. I operate on facts not hope.

Don't you know how it all ends? Cassius dies by his own sword. The very same sword that betrayed and killed Julius Ceasar.

Cassius is toast. He gets bad information. And is carried off the field after causing his own failure.

Probably a flagrant foul and he is removed and never seen again.
Yes Cassius dies by his own sword but the question is when...nothing about the Hoosiers in Shakespeare

what's wrong with win tonight; win Sunday? Let's do that.... for once! Like the good ol' days!
I'm not back to the good ol' days yet. i'm at the mike davis "let's split these next two" days. splitting keeps us on track.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT