ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: North Alabama @ Indiana

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
Posting this a little early because of weather and road trip to Bloomington on Tuesday. Will be attending the game with a friend...and a visit to Upland Brewing Co...like to try amber and lager...and others. Might have to walk to the game in the cold....since we're both designated drinkers.

UNA is 1-1 this season. Lost at South Carolina 77 - 55 in their first game and beat Carver
95 - 64. Link to ESPN article on their win: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/undefined

South Carolina is projected by some to be next to the bottom with Vandy in the SEC.

After the last game Archie pointed out what we all had just seen: let down on defense and less off the ball movement. Hence, I can envision IU playing better. That plus the 'minor' injuries are getting better.

UNA 55; Indiana 93

Last edited:
A young South Carolina team handled North Alabama by 22. I'm going to predict IU wins this one easier than vs. Portland State.

A young South Carolina team handled North Alabama by 22. I'm going to predict IU wins this one easier than vs. Portland State.
I hope so. Letting them cut it to 5 midway through the second half was a bit maddening.

Reactions: cryano
Posting this a little early because of weather and road trip to Bloomington on Tuesday. Will be attending the game with a friend...and a visit to Upland Brewing Co...like to try amber and lager...and others. Might have to walk to the game in the cold....since we're both designated drinkers.

UNA is 1-1 this season. Lost at South Carolina 77 - 55 in their first game and beat Carver
95 - 64. Link to ESPN article on their win: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/undefined

South Carolina is projected by some to be next to the bottom with Vandy in the SEC.

After the last game Archie pointed out what we all had just seen: let down on defense and less off the ball movement. Hence, I can envision IU playing better. That plus the 'minor' injuries are getting better.

UNA 55; Indiana 93
Gameday bump. I'm getting on the road by 11:30 AM to be in Btown mid afternoon. Driving carefully...I see why.

Reminder: Rebroadcast of Student's production Portland State vs IU at 9 AM today on BTN...I just checked again.

Reactions: kkott
IU 103 UNA 57
UNA is supposed to have a defense better than Portland State with more trapping in their press according to Archie. 103 points might be high. I thought Portland State let us off the hook when they could have trapped us on our first pass after inbounding the ball. UNA might see that as well and it may be the pressure Archie mentioned. They came back on South Carolina before a run opened the lead. They lost by 22 despite shooting 25% and 10% from 3. They shot respectable numbers in their other game against Carver, whoever that is.

South Carolina committed 20 turnovers. It will be interesting to see how we compare to that and our 10 turnovers from Saturday. UNA isn't too big but they have some 6'-5 to 6'-8 players that score. They played 10 against South Carolina and every player scored. We should win easy if we do a better job defending in the back court without fouling and allowing easy drives. Keep getting the ball inside and win the rebounding battle.

IU 89 - UNA 65

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine

UNA 55; Indiana 93
IU by 33 points.

UNA 55; Indiana 93

IU 85-50

UNA is supposed to have a defense better than Portland State with more trapping in their press according to Archie. 103 points might be high. I thought Portland State let us off the hook when they could have trapped us on our first pass after inbounding the ball. UNA might see that as well and it may be the pressure Archie mentioned. They came back on South Carolina before a run opened the lead. They lost by 22 despite shooting 25% and 10% from 3. They shot respectable numbers in their other game against Carver, whoever that is.

South Carolina committed 20 turnovers. It will be interesting to see how we compare to that and our 10 turnovers from Saturday. UNA isn't too big but they have some 6'-5 to 6'-8 players that score. They played 10 against South Carolina and every player scored. We should win easy if we do a better job defending in the back court without fouling and allowing easy drives. Keep getting the ball inside and win the rebounding battle.

IU 89 - UNA 65
Only 2 points off. I'll do better next time.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
ADVERTISEMENT