ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: Iowa @ Indiana

“there’s nothing special about the water in Bloomington “.- RMKFAN1

I remeber that post.

At the time it seemed like he was a man who drank too much Knight cool-aid but, like it or not, he was correct. He was a purest and bemoned the changes. Davis, Crean, Sampson all basketball managers, and not students of the game like Knight was.

We don’t win last night without BOTH Green and Smith. The two most hated players on this board. And two of our top 3 players. Shows you the intelligence of this board.
Can you be genuine for just one post?

First you state this win was meaningless because it's just one win at home. THEN you talk about how good Green is because of this ONE GAME. No wonder so few take you seriously.

Can you be genuine for just one post?

First you state this win was meaningless because it's just one win at home. THEN you talk about how good Green is because of this ONE GAME. No wonder so few take you seriously.
You think like a 6 year old kid. Always binary and without context.

Green is good RELATIVE TO THIS TEAM. He’s one of our best players. I’ve always said that. He takes way too much of the blame for losses. Just like Yogi did before he senior year.

***Your next post will say I compared Green to Yogi as players. Just the way your undeveloped mind thinks.

You think like a 6 year old kid. Always binary and without context.

Green is good RELATIVE TO THIS TEAM. He’s one of our best players. I’ve always said that. He takes way too much of the blame for losses. Just like Yogi did before he senior year.

***Your next post will say I compared Green to Yogi as players. Just the way your undeveloped mind thinks.
No... I will say that you completely missed the point of my post. Which is not at all surprising considering... it's you.

It really couldn’t matter less - win or lose. This season is toast. Next season looks about the same. We will have a new coach soon and then it will matter again.

But as you say...academics don't matter...drugs don't matter...character doesn't matter

It’s his 3rd year. He’s responsible for the players he has. It’s kind of his biggest, most important job.
1st year - re-recruited Smith, Durham and Moore. Sure, he could have gone elsewhere - but whom? Brought Thompson in as a redshirt.

2nd year (first full recruiting cycle) - Romeo, Phinisee, Hunter, Forrester, Anderson. One might argue he should have taken Aaron Henry instead of Damezi. Fitzner as Grad Transfer.

3rd - TJD, Franklin, Brunk as Grad Transfer.
Here is one place I fault Archie: he should have prioritized Trendon Watford over Brooks. Archie and staff let Watford know early fall they still wanted him, but were keying on Keion. Big reason why Trendon went elsewhere once Brooks fell thru.

4th (current seniors) - Galloway, Leal, Geronimo. Missed on Garcia but got close at end despite not getting involved with him till this past summer.

Archie is doing exactly what he said he would regarding recruiting: inside/out. Galloway or Leal will likely win Mr Basketball, meaning for the 1st time in IU Basketball history they will sign Mr BB for 3 straight years.

A big part of our struggles is that, outside of TJD, we’re not super talented. Easy to blame that on Miller, but the seniors provide no leadership; Devonte does get hot time to time, but still plays sloppy - not at all what you should expect from a senior.

Smith and Durham are what they are. Al was ranked 230 by 24/7 sports, good athlete but never gonna be a great guard. Smith has been better this year but still wonder how much his dad is in his ear.

In Archie’s sophomore/freshman classes you have a core of guys that will get better as they get older. They don’t have the benefit of having good veteran players as upperclassmen.

We are what we are. Yeah, we need to do well with the 2021 class. Archie needs to bring in several of them to provide star power to a solid core of players. It could decide his fate as coach.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
1st year - re-recruited Smith, Durham and Moore. Sure, he could have gone elsewhere - but whom? Brought Thompson in as a redshirt.

2nd year (first full recruiting cycle) - Romeo, Phinisee, Hunter, Forrester, Anderson. One might argue he should have taken Aaron Henry instead of Damezi. Fitzner as Grad Transfer.

Here is one place I fault Archie: he should have prioritized Trendon Watford over Brooks. Archie and staff let Watford know early fall they still wanted him, but were keying on Keion. Big reason why Trendon went elsewhere once Brooks fell thru.

4th (current seniors) - Galloway, Leal, Geronimo. Missed on Garcia but got close at end despite not getting involved with him till this past summer.

Archie is doing exactly what he said he would regarding recruiting: inside/out. Galloway or Leal will likely win Mr Basketball, meaning for the 1st time in IU Basketball history they will sign Mr BB for 3 straight years.

A big part of our struggles is that, outside of TJD, we’re not super talented. Easy to blame that on Miller, but the seniors provide no leadership; Devonte does get hot time to time, but still plays sloppy - not at all what you should expect from a senior.

Smith and Durham are what they are. Al was ranked 230 by 24/7 sports, good athlete but never gonna be a great guard. Smith has been better this year but still wonder how much his dad is in his ear.

In Archie’s sophomore/freshman classes you have a core of guys that will get better as they get older. They don’t have the benefit of having good veteran players as upperclassmen.

We are what we are. Yeah, we need to do well with the 2021 class. Archie needs to bring in several of them to provide star power to a solid core of players. It could decide his fate as coach.

Trey Galloway isn't gonna win Mr. Basketball. He's been injured this year, hurting his numbers.

Missing on Brooks (and about a dozen others that year) and Garcia are going to end up sealing his fate in my opinion. He’s not a good enough coach to win at an elite level without having elite talent. His only hope now is if Trayce stays for at least 3 years. Glass leaving also hurts him. The new A.D. will want to hire his guy.

Missing on Brooks (and about a dozen others that year) and Garcia are going to end up sealing his fate in my opinion. He’s not a good enough coach to win at an elite level without having elite talent. His only hope now is if Trayce stays for at least 3 years. Glass leaving also hurts him. The new A.D. will want to hire his guy.
Agree with a lot of this - but, honestly, who is a good enough coach to win big without really good players?

Agree with a lot of this - but, honestly, who is a good enough coach to win big without really good players?

Win it all? Not many. Constantly overachieve with less? Painter, Huggins, Beard, Pearl, Sampson, Marshall, many more. Archie would not be on the list.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Yeah, Archie Miller is not good enough to win without a bunch of 4 and 5* players. No one thinks he can win at all with top-notch players.

Oh, wait. He already did at Dayton! And just this year his team beat Florida State and...

Why do you think that he can't win?

He has already proven he can. Really would be nice when he has a healthy PG and shooters...like against Iowa. Oh, yeah, he won that too.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Yeah, Archie Miller is not good enough to win without a bunch of 4 and 5* players. No one thinks he can win at all with top-notch players.

Oh, wait. He already did at Dayton! And just this year his team beat Florida State and...

Why do you think that he can't win?

He has already proven he can. Really would be nice when he has a healthy PG and shooters...like against Iowa. Oh, yeah, he won that too.

No, he hasn’t. He’s currently winning 57% of his games at IU. I never stated he couldn’t beat a good team occasionally. Did I really have to clarify that or could we have an actual discussion?

Reactions: Radio Zero
2nd year (first full recruiting cycle) - Romeo, Phinisee, Hunter, Forrester, Anderson. Fitzner as Grad Transfer.

And here is what concerns me:
Look at his “first full year recruiting cycle”.
Half of the 6 players left after one year (Romeo, Fitzner and Forrester). If Anderson leaves after this year, that leaves just 2 of 6 making it to their junior year.

jump ahead to the next class.
TJD will most likely be at IU for just 2 years. Brunk is a junior. That leaves franklin as the only one that is likely to contribute more than 2 seasons.

I think you left Race off the list, but my point remains the same:

If he is setting the table for the future, and building a foundation I am not seeing it. I see Miller relying on a combination of players he inherited and players that he recruited that are only going to be here for a year or two. He is playing for the window of opportunity that ends next year. Personally, if we are going to be a team that isn’t a very good team, I would have preferred going young, and trying to let his players grow as a team together to change the culture of the program.

I think he is feeling too much pressure to win now.

Last edited:
And here is what concerns me:
Look at his “first full year recruiting cycle”.
Half of the 6 players left after one year (Romeo, Fitzner and Forrester). If Anderson leaves after this year, that leaves just 2 of 6 making it to their junior year.

jump ahead to the next class.
TJD will most likely be at IU for just 2 years. Brunk is a junior. That leaves franklin as the only one that is likely to contribute more than 2 seasons.

I think you left Race off the list, but my point remains the same:

If he is setting the table for the future, and building a foundation I am not seeing it. I see Miller relying on a combination of players he inherited and players that he recruited that are only going to be here for a year or two. He is playing for the window of opportunity that ends next year. Personally, if we are going to be a team that isn’t a very good team, I would have preferred going young, and trying to let his players grow as a team together to change the culture of the program.

I think he is feeling too much pressure to win now.

That's not really fair.

Romeo went pro, so Archie brought in a one and done. Fitzner was a grad transfer, so he was only going to be here for one year. Yes, he definitely missed on Forrester. People keep speculating on Anderson transferring, but until he announces, that's all it is, speculation.

For the most part, Archie hasn't missed on many kids.

That's not really fair.

Romeo went pro, so Archie brought in a one and done. Fitzner was a grad transfer, so he was only going to be here for one year. Yes, he definitely missed on Forrester. People keep speculating on Anderson transferring, but until he announces, that's all it is, speculation.

For the most part, Archie hasn't missed on many kids.

I never said he missed on anyone. I said he is going for the short term fix. Romeo and Fitzner were both recruited knowing they would be gone in a year, for example. Brunk and TJD were recruited to each play for a couple of years. Three of those four are/were good players. But, they are all designed to be short term fixes .

Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT