Prediction Thread: Iowa @ Indiana

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
Being co-chairman of the Archie Apologists, here is my take:

If and when Archie wins another game, Glass will give him an 8 year extension;

Archie will change the lineup and start Green just to piss some of you off;

Playing faster and not taking care of the ball is the new offense;

The new defense includes the center lingering at the top of the key to stop the PG, and you count only deflections; and finally

Hopefully we get into the NIT so that we can cut down the net and hang another banner!

dws

For those of you that don't know what that means...it means dripping with sarcasm.

Actually...hope IU comes out with enthusiasm. Iowa is not a top notch defensive team; but their offense works since they have Garza. An offensive machine like Garza opens up the rest of the offense if they have shooters, and they do.

Iowa 68; Indiana 64

*Make no mistake here. I want IU to win each and every game. If they just don't turn over the ball and contest the loose balls and play defense and get touches inside and...

But, they are not tough. Our point guards are MIA. The upperclassmen aren't leading. And Archie can't push a rope. But it is his responsibility to do just that.

Last edited:

The new defense includes the center lingering at the top of the key to stop the PG, and you count only deflections; and finally

Hopefully we get into the NIT so that we can cut down the net and hang another banner!

dws

For those of you that don't know what that means...it means dripping with sarcasm.

Actually...hope IU comes out with enthusiasm. Iowa is not a top notch defensive team; but their offense works since they have Garza. An offensive machine like Garza opens up the rest of the offense if they have shooters, and they do.

Iowa 68; Indiana 64

Since I nailed the margin in the PU then there is no doubt I won't be close on this one.

85-75 bad guys.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Iowa 78 - IU 62

This is a looney edition to Hoosier basketball so IU could very well win this game, playing inspired ball. That said, my spirit has been broken with that bitter loss to Purdue. I will be watching tonight for amusement purposes only, disengaged from earlier expectations of a once promising season.

Sad but nobody expects us to beat Iowa at home so far.
I too sadly expect us to lose at home again tonight.
78-59 Not us.
I usually try and stay optimistic (glass is always half full). I am also ready for a new direction after three years. My bottom line: if we can't beat the boilers at home then we totally suck and need to change some things.
Go Hoosiers!

This is the most difficult prediction of the season. This team has been undergoing a player leadership change since the Northwestern game. Archie has given the rest of the season over to the players, but new leaders have not emerged. Green still has the reigns, and Archie will not intervene.

Iowa by 10

78-59 Not us.
I usually try and stay optimistic (glass is always half full). I am also ready for a new direction after three years. My bottom line: if we can't beat the boilers at home then we totally suck and need to change some things.
Go Hoosiers!

I just texted a buddy: remember when we used to get excited when we had a game?

dws

Iowa 68; Indiana 64

*Make no mistake here. I want IU to win each and every game. If they just don't turn over the ball and contest the loose balls and play defense and get touches inside and...

But, they are not tough. Our point guards are MIA. The upperclassmen aren't leading. And Archie can't push a rope. But it is his responsibility to do just that.

Unwatchable game.

Iowa, 63-49

IU likes to F with the fan base and give hope. Everyone is shocked and Devonte drops 30 to piss everyone off. 82-69.

I would think a fast start would be critical to any upset chances.

AH will likely be like a library to start the game. The entire fan base has had it. The effort against Purdue was inexcusable. So......even IF we do play hard (25% chance), the team won't get the kind of backing they did v. MSU, MD, Purdue. The fans will be mere observers this game.

Plus, we match up horribly against Iowa.

The rest of the season will likely be painful.

Iowa 86 IU 68

78-59 Not us.
Go Hoosiers!
The really sad thing is they’ve beaten us 8 of the last 9 times we’ve played. When it gets to 9/10 they can safely say they own us.

i used to arrange my life around the game schedule.

I didn't even realize the game was tonight until I saw this thread.

Isn't that the truth. I used to know the IU schedule by heart, now I record the game and watch it later so that I can minimize the amount of time I invest plus no reason to get my blood pressure up watching it live.

The really sad thing is they’ve beaten us 8 of the last 9 times we’ve played. When it gets to 9/10 they can safely say they own us.
This is a major rebuild. Archie is just getting started boys!

Hawkeyes 77
Hoosiers 59

Archie's proposed lineup/rotation changes will not come to fruition. The team will have no more heart/hustle/enthusiasm than it did during the loss to Purdue on Saturday. Iowa's offense carves up a listless Indiana defense, and Luke Garza goes for at least 30.

Book it.

Besides the drubbing that Iowa is about to get, Hunter has gone 9-19 from 3 in the last 4 games he has played. Tonight he breaks out big time and rains 3's on Iowa.

I'd take ugly Garza over pretty boy Justene Smith all day long
you'd take the runaway B1G player of the year over the 2nd leading scorer on IU's team? You'd take 23/10 per game vs 11/5 per game?

No shit, Capt Obvious.

Btw his name is Justin. Grown men don't resort to calling other grown men childish names. Especially one who would wreck your ass in real life.

What motivates Green to have his once per month game?
I think it's the blind squirrel theory. Or maybe the broken clock theory.

He went off vs FSU, CAM moved him into the starting line up and he's played like shit, for the most part, ever since. And I'm so sick of his one handed entry passes. He does things we got 'coached' out of our system in 4th grade.

I think it's the blind squirrel theory. Or maybe the broken clock theory.

He went off vs FSU, CAM moved him into the starting line up and he's played like shit, for the most part, ever since. And I'm so sick of his one handed entry passes. He does things we got 'coached' out of our system in 4th grade.
Only a few more games...

Once again, we lose by around 15, give or take a few.

I can already hear it now, "Really proud of the way our guys fought tonight. At the end of the day, you have to hit shots. Our rebounding should have been better. Our free throw shooting is what it is. A couple of our guys just need to see the ball go through the basket." etc.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Double digit loss. Iowa is a nightmare for how we defend with their all American post surrounded by shooters.

Maybe they'll be off tonight.

I'd like to see Arch go with a 4-1 offense tonight. His brother did that at Arizona when he benched Gabe York and went with McConnell and then Stanley Johnson, Rondae Hollins-Jefferson, Brandon Ashley and Tarczewski.

Let's see Rob and Hunter, Smith, TJD and Brunk.

Reduce Al and Devonte's minutes significantly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT