ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: Indiana @ Rutgers

Can IU win on the road in the B1G? Is Rob Phinisee healthy enough? Will IU's defense travel and be consistent? Can IU win on rebounds, free throws made and assists? Will Green and Smith make smart decisions? Which Al Durham will appear? Will TJD get lots of touches?

Will Rutgers guards carry the day? Can Brunk push around Rutgers' center? Can Rutgers overcome their starter Baker who is out with a broken thumb? Can the really good Rutgers' defense win the game? Will Ron Harper Jr. get 12 - 12 FTs in this game? Will Caleb McConnell play really well or be inconsistent?

Which team can get over 33% of their 3 point shots in this game? Who will foul out? Who gets outcoached?

To date both teams have played deliberate half-court games. IU is taller but will coach Miller go small to get some fast break action? Rutgers wins on defense, rebounding and sharing the ball. IU has to put it all together to win on the road.

Rutgers is fired up. Their noisy arena is sold out. (That means that both of the Rutgers fans will probably be there in the less than 9000 seat gym.) IU has something to prove. Rutgers could care less about IU's problems...except to use them to advantage.

This will not be a pretty game. Defenses will rule. If IU gets their center in foul trouble early, that could help decide the game. If Phin is not playing well, then that could help swing it the other way.

Just win, Indiana!

Indiana 65; Rutgers 63
Free throws you say? Just so everybody knows:

1975-76 Undefeated IU FT pct. = .698

2019-20 13-3 IU FT pct. = .682

We're not that terrible.

Durham and Anderson have the best percentages by far. So, those who would rip 'em and bench 'em need to tell us who else will shoot our foul shots at the end of a close game (they could just keep quiet but fat chance of that).

Lil Arch is 1-4 against him and he’s already made that thing they call the NCAA tourney (twice)
And Archie Miller has taken a team to the NCAAT 4 years in a row at Dayton. VDBear, anyone can quote selective facts and ignore the big picture.

The real issue is, on this site, why do you cheer against IU and keep stirring the pot against IU fans?

Answer: Because you, VDBear, are not an IU fan.

Rutgers fan here. Excited for the game as this is the first season in decades we have a legit shot at NCAA. Interesting to see a lot of Rutgers win predictions here. Rutgers has won 2 of the last 3 and has their best team yet since joining the B1G. For those that don't know, the RAC is an extremely loud and tough place to play when it is sold out like tonight. Obviously, I have a bias but I think the line of Rutgers by a few is accurate.

A couple questions... What's the deal with Phinessee health wise? Who will match up with TJD? Is he at the 4? Rutgers plays typically with Yeboah and Harper at the 4 who are undersized for the position. Who would you say is the wildcard for this game that could get you the W with a good game?

Here are a couple tidbits as to our team...

No Geo Baker. Leader and PG is out. This role has been filled by 6'7 Caleb McConnell and true freshman 6'6 PG Paul Mulcahy. Paul was the first player in NJ in 30 years to average a triple double. His vision and passing are elite. His athleticism is not.

Myles Johnson. Dude is a monster. Struggles sometimes with foul trouble but when he is engaged he is one of the best bigs in the league. Super long arms and very nice touch.

Jacob Young. 4 star transfer from Texas. Was absolutely horrible early in the season on offense. Has been huge for us the last few games. Will be the quickest player on the court. His defense is elite. If he is on we will be tough to beat.

Overall we play great defense and rebound. If you can get Myles in foul trouble you're win probably goes way up. We still can't shoot the 3. When we pound it inside and play bully ball we are at our best.

Hoping for a great game tonight! Should be a good one!

Reactions: .Gerdis and cryano
The real issue is, on this site, why do you cheer against IU and keep stirring the pot against IU fans?
He's a troll and gets some kind of - hopefully unsexual - jollies, from people hating on him. I've never understood the mind of a troll, but one would have to assume it's irrational feeble and weak.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Update.... Geo Baker is dressed and available. He was expected to miss a couple more weeks with a broken thumb. This is unexpected news and a B1G boost heading into tonight's matchup

Rutgers fan here. Excited for the game as this is the first season in decades we have a legit shot at NCAA. Interesting to see a lot of Rutgers win predictions here. Rutgers has won 2 of the last 3 and has their best team yet since joining the B1G. For those that don't know, the RAC is an extremely loud and tough place to play when it is sold out like tonight. Obviously, I have a bias but I think the line of Rutgers by a few is accurate.

A couple questions... What's the deal with Phinessee health wise? Who will match up with TJD? Is he at the 4? Rutgers plays typically with Yeboah and Harper at the 4 who are undersized for the position. Who would you say is the wildcard for this game that could get you the W with a good game?

Here are a couple tidbits as to our team...

No Geo Baker. Leader and PG is out. This role has been filled by 6'7 Caleb McConnell and true freshman 6'6 PG Paul Mulcahy. Paul was the first player in NJ in 30 years to average a triple double. His vision and passing are elite. His athleticism is not.

Myles Johnson. Dude is a monster. Struggles sometimes with foul trouble but when he is engaged he is one of the best bigs in the league. Super long arms and very nice touch.

Jacob Young. 4 star transfer from Texas. Was absolutely horrible early in the season on offense. Has been huge for us the last few games. Will be the quickest player on the court. His defense is elite. If he is on we will be tough to beat.

Overall we play great defense and rebound. If you can get Myles in foul trouble you're win probably goes way up. We still can't shoot the 3. When we pound it inside and play bully ball we are at our best.

Hoping for a great game tonight! Should be a good one!

Jacob Young is not the “quickest player on the court.” At least not against us. He’ll probably match up with Justin Smith who is pound for pound, probably the best athlete in the Big Ten.

Jacob Young is not the “quickest player on the court.” At least not against us. He’ll probably match up with Justin Smith who is pound for pound, probably the best athlete in the Big Ten.
You must not know who Jacob Young is. There is no chance someone 6'7 is quicker than him. Best athlete is not the same as quickest. You'll see the second he steps on the floor. Lightning quick. So quick his struggles were basically due to him being too quick

I’m expecting a massacre but hoping we keep it close. Realistically we have zero chance. Maybe against Nebraska.

I’m expecting a massacre but hoping we keep it close. Realistically we have zero chance. Maybe against Nebraska.

zero chance? I wouldn’t be shocked to see IU coast to an easy 15 point win. Rutgers IS improved. They are a fairly good team and we are on the road. But this isn’t the 93 bulls we are playing.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
I predict a lot of screaming and yelling “Let’s go!!!” Hoosiers out of it by halftime.

I hope they make me eat crow

He's a troll and gets some kind of - hopefully unsexual - jollies, from people hating on him. I've never understood the mind of a troll, but one would have to assume it's irrational feeble and weak.
It's OK if he has sex with bears, though, right? I mean, that's his handle, bragging about his conquest.

ADVERTISEMENT