ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: Indiana @ Rutgers

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
Can IU win on the road in the B1G? Is Rob Phinisee healthy enough? Will IU's defense travel and be consistent? Can IU win on rebounds, free throws made and assists? Will Green and Smith make smart decisions? Which Al Durham will appear? Will TJD get lots of touches?

Will Rutgers guards carry the day? Can Brunk push around Rutgers' center? Can Rutgers overcome their starter Baker who is out with a broken thumb? Can the really good Rutgers' defense win the game? Will Ron Harper Jr. get 12 - 12 FTs in this game? Will Caleb McConnell play really well or be inconsistent?

Which team can get over 33% of their 3 point shots in this game? Who will foul out? Who gets outcoached?

To date both teams have played deliberate half-court games. IU is taller but will coach Miller go small to get some fast break action? Rutgers wins on defense, rebounding and sharing the ball. IU has to put it all together to win on the road.

Rutgers is fired up. Their noisy arena is sold out. (That means that both of the Rutgers fans will probably be there in the less than 9000 seat gym.) IU has something to prove. Rutgers could care less about IU's problems...except to use them to advantage.

This will not be a pretty game. Defenses will rule. If IU gets their center in foul trouble early, that could help decide the game. If Phin is not playing well, then that could help swing it the other way.

Just win, Indiana!

Indiana 65; Rutgers 63

Can IU win on the road in the B1G? Is Rob Phinisee healthy enough? Will IU's defense travel and be consistent? Can IU win on rebounds, free throws made and assists? Will Green and Smith make smart decisions? Which Al Durham will appear? Will TJD get lots of touches?

Will Rutgers guards carry the day? Can Brunk push around Rutgers' center? Can Rutgers overcome their starter Baker who is out with a broken thumb? Can the really good Rutgers' defense win the game? Will Ron Harper Jr. get 12 - 12 FTs in this game? Will Caleb McConnell play really well or be inconsistent?

Which team can get over 33% of their 3 point shots in this game? Who will foul out? Who gets outcoached?

To date both teams have played deliberate half-court games. IU is taller but will coach Miller go small to get some fast break action? Rutgers wins on defense, rebounding and sharing the ball. IU has to put it all together to win on the road.

Rutgers is fired up. Their noisy arena is sold out. (That means that both of the Rutgers fans will probably be there in the less than 9000 seat gym.) IU has something to prove. Rutgers could care less about IU's problems...except to use them to advantage.

This will not be a pretty game. Defenses will rule. If IU gets their center in foul trouble early, that could help decide the game. If Phin is not playing well, then that could help swing it the other way.

Just win, Indiana!

Indiana 65; Rutgers 63

That would be a great outcome. I was surprised we didn't go at Kaleb Wesson more on Saturday when he was in foul trouble. Again, very few post touches and something we should be aware of and determined to get.

That would be a great outcome. I was surprised we didn't go at Kaleb Wesson more on Saturday when he was in foul trouble. Again, very few post touches and something we should be aware of and determined to get.
Huh? Wesson only had 3 and our two bigs had 4 a piece. Hard to pass it to them when they're sitting on the bench

Huh? Wesson only had 3 and our two bigs had 4 a piece. Hard to pass it to them when they're sitting on the bench

My bad, I was thinking Wesson had 4... but I think he picked up his 3rd pretty early in the 2nd half, when a 4th would have put him on the bench and/or curbed his aggressiveness.

My bad, I was thinking Wesson had 4... but I think he picked up his 3rd pretty early in the 2nd half, when a 4th would have put him on the bench and/or curbed his aggressiveness.
Meh, he wasn't having a great game. Looks like he gave up the twinkies for no good reason, all his numbers are down from last season. Should have stayed fat ..

Reactions: mike41703
Obsessing much
You are the one obsessed with acting like a douche on a message board for some weird attention. The rest of us are just trying to figure it out so we can prevent our loved ones from ending up like you.
66-62 Hoosiers

Just win, Indiana!

Indiana 65; Rutgers 63

Rutgers 62, IU 56

Reactions: Scangg
I expect another game where we’re down 20-30 in the 2nd half and maybe close it to 15.

Rutgers is better but 30 points down?

Yes, Rutgers is pretty challenged offensively. We'd have to stink it up pretty bad to lose by more than 10.

I doubt Green will go off against these guys. They play very aggressive D. I also don't think Al matches up well. It's a game for RP, but what will he be able to do physically? The other thing I'll look for is if Hunter is ready to battle these guys, as they will be very physical on the front line. Not huge for this game, but I'm looking for signs from him that we have something to look forward to down the line. Of more importance in this game: Will Justin be ready, willing, and able to mix it up on the boards.

Anytime IU comes to town, it's that university's game of the year. Rutgers plays out of their head and IU battles the crap out of them before coming up on the short end of the stick..,

Rutgers - 67
IU - 64

Yeh, I could see another ugly game where both offenses are quite inefficient. A 50-48 score and who knows who wins. If I were betting, I would not pick IU. I am not betting so IU has the 50 and a win. Even though it is an early start score is 10-5 at the 10 minute mark of the first half and several posts pop that folks can't watch and go to bed.

Back to the betting thing, maybe I should just bet the under on over/under which is 130 I think.

Reactions: kkott and Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT