ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: Indiana @ PU

PU defends their home turf exceedingly well. IU's guards laid an egg, a rotten one, at AH when PU visited last.

But, the Indiana team is finally mostly healthy. PU has hit rock bottom and is sinking further. Phin is playing much better and getting assists. AD and DG are known commodities and do their thing at the right times. JS is starting to hit warp speed. and TJD is stellar but can't do otherwise.

The secret weapon is RT. shhhhh….

And Archie Miller actually has a team that has some parts he can work with. IU has played their way in to the NCAAT. That other team has just played their way out.

Let's just do this.

Indiana 74; Subaru Prep (PU) 64

As an aside...their board is in meltdown. B & G gear-wearing fans are saying that they couldn't win against any conference team just now. I think it will be a good game. I hope that IU plays tough on the road tonight.

I predicted 69 points in each of the last two games. IU scored 68 in both. I predicted victories in both.

Thus, I'm sticking with the hot hand.

IU 69 / Purdue 65. We'll win 68-65.

IU 76 - PurDon't 68

Nojel Eastern's mom gets teed up and ejected from the game.

Hey, an Alum can dream, right?

Reactions: ufo33
We are basically saying the same thing. As grads we do like to think they are beneath us and in many aspects they are. That said, head to head we are currently beneath them... so as I said perhaps we need to put as much emphasis on the game as they do...but only for a little while :). And I certainly never want to see IU fans embarrass themselves by chanting PU sucks during anything but a PU game. I love that PU students and grads do that and hope they never ever stop.

Tonight is one of the 8-10 I have missed up there since my first which was Soph year in Btown. Always a crazy atmosphere.

Not ALWAYS a crazy atmosphere. I went during the Davis years and it was FAR from full and the noise level was more like a PGA event.

Not ALWAYS a crazy atmosphere. I went during the Davis years and it was FAR from full and the noise level was more like a PGA event.

I have been to a couple of games where it was crazy with lots of IU fans chanting IU...IU...IU...and the response was Sucks! PU fans left early leaving the place to the many IU fans in attendance.

Beating your rival is always a big deal. Doesn’t make it a Super Bowl.
Saying it’s Purdue’s Super Bowl has always been an excuse by people who don’t have the common sense to understand it’s just as big of a game to IU fans as it to Purdue fans. We always think it’s a big game and we always want to beat Purdue. Anyone who claims otherwise isn’t a fan, an alum, or both.

Reactions: Bluto71 and kkott
Saying it’s Purdue’s Super Bowl has always been an excuse by people who don’t have the common sense to understand it’s just as big of a game to IU fans as it to Purdue fans. We always think it’s a big game and we always want to beat Purdue. Anyone who claims otherwise isn’t a fan, an alum, or both.

My son went to Purdue (engineer). I know the Purdue culture. Overall, it's a much bigger deal to them. But that's only about 20% of the story. The other 80% involves our 20 years of turmoil.

My son went to Purdue (engineer). I know the Purdue culture. Overall, it's a much bigger deal to them. But that's only about 20% of the story. The other 80% involves our 20 years of turmoil.
If it’s a much bigger deal to them, that’s because of lowered expectations and apathy within the IU program. The people here who say this do it as an excuse. If you’re an alum, it’s just as big a deal. If it isn’t, you’re not the fan you claim to be.

I'm poking the Purdue fans because I can. You experts need to chill. I've sat behind the bench at Purdue when Knight was coach. The stuff the so called grown up Purdue fans yell is amazing to say the least..

Reactions: ufo33 and kkott
No, it could happen. It won’t but it still could and there in lies our hope, for without hope we are nothing. POTFB!
Both of my brothers graduated from PU. Neither one gives a damn about their football or basketball. I, on the other hand, am fully sentient and give a huge POTFB! Of course it matters. PU has had some decent teams recently. It is sad that they have won too many of these rivalry games. But that is quickly coming to an end. It may end tonight. I surely hope so.

By the way, who has the Old Oaken Bucket? choose one: Indiana or Indiana

Another thing that is true without a doubt. That is that IU will hang lots of newly won NCAAT Championship banners and PU still won't have any.

IU by 10 tonight.

If it’s a much bigger deal to them, that’s because of lowered expectations and apathy within the IU program. The people here who say this do it as an excuse. If you’re an alum, it’s just as big a deal. If it isn’t, you’re not the fan you claim to be.

I don't say it has an excuse. I say it out of personal knowledge.

I was 7 years in Bloomington, 2 degrees. I go back all the time for sporting events and cultural/recreational activities.

My son was 5 years at Purdue, undergrad & grad. We visited him quite often. Went to some sporting events. Campus events. The cultures are entirely different. You think many of the 1600 or so music majors at IU give a rat's ass about IU-Purdue? How about the Mongolian language majors? Purdue is very "insular" by comparison. I'll give you 1 example. When I went to Purdue I didn't wear my IU gear so as not to piss off/embarrass my son. But I'll tell you this---if you walk around PU with IU gear on you will hear about it. While the vice-versa is also true in B-Ton it's much better-natured. There's just a different vibe on the campuses themselves. You'd have to experience it to understand it.

Now here's the odd thing.....I think as time goes by a lot of IU alums have fonder memories of B-Ton & IU than Purdue alums have of PU & WL. Just my sense of it.

Both of my brothers graduated from PU. Neither one gives a damn about their football or basketball. I, on the other hand, am fully sentient and give a huge POTFB! Of course it matters. PU has had some decent teams recently. It is sad that they have won too many of these rivalry games. But that is quickly coming to an end. It may end tonight. I surely hope so.

But one thing that is true without a doubt. That is that IU will hang lots of newly won NCAAT Championship banners and PU still won't have any.

IU by 10 tonight.

See my post above about this.......did your brothers have a different attitude about it while they were in college? What were their majors?

I'm poking the Purdue fans because I can. You experts need to chill. I've sat behind the bench at Purdue when Knight was coach. The stuff the so called grown up Purdue fans yell is amazing to say the least..
Sat in the second row of the main seating area behind the IU bench a number of times. The stuff screamed at BK was always amazing, and I’ve seen IU play in every BiG arena.

I don't say it has an excuse. I say it out of personal knowledge.

I was 7 years in Bloomington, 2 degrees. I go back all the time for sporting events and cultural/recreational activities.

My son was 5 years at Purdue, undergrad & grad. We visited him quite often. Went to some sporting events. Campus events. The cultures are entirely different. You think many of the 1600 or so music majors at IU give a rat's ass about IU-Purdue? How about the Mongolian language majors? Purdue is very "insular" by comparison. I'll give you 1 example. When I went to Purdue I didn't wear my IU gear so as not to piss off/embarrass my son. But I'll tell you this---if you walk around PU with IU gear on you will hear about it. While the vice-versa is also true in B-Ton it's much better-natured. There's just a different vibe on the campuses themselves. You'd have to experience it to understand it.

Now here's the odd thing.....I think as time goes by a lot of IU alums have fonder memories of B-Ton & IU than Purdue alums have of PU & WL. Just my sense of it.
Plenty of Pirdue students don’t care, either. To the fans on either side, it’s a huge deal, and it’s just as big at IU as it is at PU.

See my post above about this.......did your brothers have a different attitude about it while they were in college? What were their majors?
One had Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering Technology double major. He was following sports while there but lost interest after a while. The other has Electrical Engineering degree and never got excited about sports at all...his response is always "meh".

I got a business/finance from IU and then got Civil and Environmental Engineering from UW-Madison. I never had a problem cheering for IU while going to UW. And I sure as hell wouldn't ever consider attending that school in Laffyville. We all went to E'ville Bosse.

PU-72
IU-60

This is Purdue’s National Championship and probably the only reason they play sports. They never win anything ever. Their entire existence is based on beating their Big Brother in Bloomington.

By the way, who has the Old Oaken Bucket? choose one: Indiana or Indiana

Another thing that is true without a doubt. That is that IU will hang lots of newly won NCAAT Championship banners and PU still won't have any.

IU by 10 tonight.
I have a good feeling about this game tonight, way down deep. I usually don’t, so that may be a good sign. It’s weird, man.

PU-72
IU-60

This is Purdue’s National Championship and probably the only reason they play sports. They never win anything ever. Their entire existence is based on beating their Big Brother in Bloomington.

IU doesn’t win against Purdue because it has much loftier goals and doesn’t care about the game that much.

Is that the shit we are shoveling these days?

A major argument between coaches on the bench and caught on national television. Who is in charge over there?

IU doesn’t win against Purdue because it has much loftier goals and doesn’t care about the game that much.

Is that the shit we are shoveling these days?
Yeah that sounds about right. The path to IU’s next championship involves 2 losses a year to Purdue because that’s just little shit that doesn’t help get you to the main goal. Son of a bitch that IU education must not have required any common sense.

Prediction - after another crappy performance, the CAM apologist/defenders will be out in full force.

I think Purdue wins their super bowl. Shoot out of their minds from three..

When is our super bowl?

Honestly, your statement is so ridiculous. Matt Painter and that damn program has had infinitely more success that we’ve had since Zeller left.

I frickin’ wish we’d play them like it was our super bowl at some point! Maybe we’d have made the god damned NCAA tournament once over the last 3 years.

One had Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering Technology double major. He was following sports while there but lost interest after a while. The other has Electrical Engineering degree and never got excited about sports at all...his response is always "meh".

I got a business/finance from IU and then got Civil and Environmental Engineering from UW-Madison. I never had a problem cheering for IU while going to UW. And I sure as hell wouldn't ever consider attending that school in Laffyville. We all went to E'ville Bosse.

My college roommate, at IU, went to Bosse. Your high school produces a lot of good people. They also enjoy partying a lot:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT