ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: Indiana @ Penn St.

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
PSU has only lost one game at home this season. Indiana lost in a hard-fought and disappointing home game just a few days ago. Penn St. has had a week to rest and study IU. PSU rebounds and defends well. And they have Lamar Stevens...possible All-B1G. Maryland is 4-4 in the B1G. They just may be playing their best basketball, winning 2 in a row. PSU is ranked 24th in the nation because of very decent wins against ranked teams. IU is yet to win against a ranked team on the road. The road is uphill all the way, it seems.

Well slow that negativity down, Nellie. Indiana has had a few really good offensive games recently. Lower turnovers and higher assists punctuate what is going on at IU. Their defense when dialed in is effective. Just start earlier in the game and close the game out. Sure, the Maryland loss at home was a disappointment. But, it was not heartbreaking. These guys are growing game to game.

There were some things that IU did wrong against Maryland. Notably, defense did not extend to the 3 early in the game. The front line didn't look really good the whole game. And communication in the last 3 minutes of the game was lacking.

But, this team looks the best it has all season. They have learned what it takes to win. They just need to put that in place.

Phin takes over. Passes get inside. Brunk, TJD, Smith, DD have some fun! Defense locks down early. Bench plays really well. It's a close game....

Upset at State College tonight, baby! IU 68; PSU 65

Last edited:
PSU has only lost one game at home this season. Indiana lost in a hard-fought and heart-breaking home game just a few days ago. Penn St. has had a week to rest and study IU. PSU rebounds and defends well. And they have Lamar Stevens...possible All-B1G. Maryland is 4-4 in the B1G. They just may be playing their best basketball, winning 2 in a row. PSU is ranked 24th in the nation because of very decent wins against ranked teams. IU is yet to win against a ranked team on the road. The road is uphill all the way, it seems.

Well slow that negativity down, Nellie. Indiana has had a few really good offensive games recently. Lower turnovers and higher assists punctuate what is going on at IU. Their defense when dialed in is effective. Just start earlier in the game and close the game out.

There were many things that IU did wrong against Maryland. Notably, defense did not extend to the 3 early in the game. The front line didn't look really good. And communication in the last 3 minutes of the game was lacking.

This team looks the best it has all season. They have learned what it takes to win. They just need to put that in place. Phin takes over. Passes get inside. Brunk, TJD, Smith, DD have some fun! Defense locks down early. Bench plays really well. It's a close game....

I'm not big on predictions, but I think this game will tell a lot. This team should be mad and come out and play that way. If they do, I think we win. If they continue to have careless stretches... L. I believe in these guys so I'm going with the former!

I saw a comment from TJD about Kobe that referenced some form of contact or a connection with him. I have a feeling we will see TJD play with added effort. It will be important to keep Brunk and TJD out of foul trouble or have Race available.

Will Green come off the bench and be a boost or a hindrance? Will Al show up in a big game or wait until the outcome is determined. We need Rob to play steady and I am looking to see Franklin continue to earn playing time and take minutes away from Al and Devonte.

We have to play 10 points better than PSU on the road to offset the B1G officiating. It will take am MSU and MD effort. I believe we are up to the challenge.

IU 65 PSU 62

PSU has only lost one game at home this season. Indiana lost in a hard-fought and disappointing home game just a few days ago. Penn St. has had a week to rest and study IU. PSU rebounds and defends well. And they have Lamar Stevens...possible All-B1G. Maryland is 4-4 in the B1G. They just may be playing their best basketball, winning 2 in a row. PSU is ranked 24th in the nation because of very decent wins against ranked teams. IU is yet to win against a ranked team on the road. The road is uphill all the way, it seems.

Well slow that negativity down, Nellie. Indiana has had a few really good offensive games recently. Lower turnovers and higher assists punctuate what is going on at IU. Their defense when dialed in is effective. Just start earlier in the game and close the game out. Sure, the Maryland loss at home was a disappointment. But, it was not heartbreaking. These guys are growing game to game.

There were some things that IU did wrong against Maryland. Notably, defense did not extend to the 3 early in the game. The front line didn't look really good the whole game. And communication in the last 3 minutes of the game was lacking.

But, this team looks the best it has all season. They have learned what it takes to win. They just need to put that in place.

Phin takes over. Passes get inside. Brunk, TJD, Smith, DD have some fun! Defense locks down early. Bench plays really well. It's a close game....

I think PSU is very beatable. I think they've plateaued as a team and are presently over-rated, based on: (1) They don't have skilled size other than Stevens & Watkins. Watkins has had personal issues and isn't in great physical shape. When he's not playing hard, which is frequently, they can be dominated on the boards. Brunk, TJD, and Smith could have big games on the offensive boards. (2) Stevens has a weakness in that he's a mediocre 3 point shooter, but still shoots quite a few. Now....if Watkins plays hard the whole game, and Stevens hits his 3s we're in trouble.........

They've got a few smallish SGs that can hit 3s....but they're not great drivers like Winston, Cowin. Stay up on them, make Stevens shoot 3s, and hit the offensive boards and we should be ok.

IU 70 PSU 64

Last edited:
I think we lose unless we shoot free throws much better. PSU is physical and we'll get to the free throw line. Question is can we make enough?
Go Hoosiers!
I hope I'm wrong.
68-59 PSU

Thought I saw Race is not available this game, we should dominate down low as long as we dont get in foul trouble. DD has a chance to give us quality minutes and will Hunter continue to hit 3's off the bench
IU 72-64

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
IU is improving but needs to prove it can compete better on the road. Nebraska game was a start but not enough. Except for Michigan, I'm picking them to lose on the road until I see proof they are ready to bring it on the road. A win at PSU would be good proof but I'm predicting they don't get it done. A well played loss and maybe I can get on board picking them against OSU.

We continue to play 3 point defense called “Hope and Miss” Curtis Jones drains 3 three pointers and it gets ugly. 72-59, pedophile state.

One of the most unsettling aspects of this year's team is the complete lack of predictability (both at the start of the game and any single moment therein).

IU could come out, hit some shots, and be really good or they could be down 20-3.

I think if they can hit some shots to free up their inside game, and avoid 8-minute scoring droughts, IU wins by 6.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Maryland couldn't win there and they are clearly better than us. So, sadly, I think we'll drop this one. Hope I'm wrong.

An IU fan wouldn’t be happy about predicting IU would lose. Yet another piece of evidence you’re no IU fan. Thanks.
Gotta weigh in here. I'm an alum, fanatic and bleed Cream and Crimson and I predicted we'd lose 68-59. Just saying. It sucks that we suck but we can't shoot. Very simple and Miller can't shoot it for the team. He can however, recruit some guys who can shoot. I hope he does.
Go Hoosiers!

Gotta weigh in here. I'm an alum, fanatic and bleed Cream and Crimson and I predicted we'd lose 68-59. Just saying. It sucks that we suck but we can't shoot. Very simple and Miller can't shoot it for the team. He can however, recruit some guys who can shoot. I hope he does.
Go Hoosiers!
You weren't happy we lost like the poster I responded to was, and is for every IU loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT