ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: Indiana @ Ohio State

Not true. They obviously got better as the season went on the first season. They had the very bad stretch last season, but played well at the end of the season. This season isn’t over.
They played well at the end of last season when, with a possible NCAA tournament berth on the line, they laid an egg in the BTT against OSU, and then followed that up with a home loss in the NIT? That’s your idea of “played well”? Your assessment is a perfect example of the greatly lowered expectations of so many IU fans. Thanks for making that absolutely clear.

Yeah, Archie had Newkirk as PG the first year. Let's blame Archie for year #1. Yeah he had Phin a freshman who was under protocol in year two as PG and players had to play out of position. But let's blame Archie. This year isn't played out and they are overachieving according to projections.

And let's ignore how his teams did in Dayton.

Why not? It fits your agenda.
Brian Gregory didn’t do too badly at Dayton, either.

Brian Gregory didn’t do too badly at Dayton, either.
Brian Gregory was on his last legs when he left Dayton before (it was rumored) being asked to leave. He got to the NCAAT twice in what, 10 years? Once was his first year with the previous coach's recruits. His last two years his teams were 7th and 8th in the A-10. And he left the cupboard relatively bare. That is why he choose to leave...he couldn't get recruits. And scooted out of town before the bottom totally fell out.

He was not a good fit at Dayton.

In came Archie...his last, what 4 or 5 years he made the NCAAT after missing it 3 years building his team. His teams were #1 in the A-10 the last two years.

So, Birnk, why put out stuff that is blatantly wrong?

Oh, never mind. I know why.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Yeah, Archie had Newkirk as PG the first year. Let's blame Archie for year #1. Yeah he had Phin a freshman who was under protocol in year two as PG and players had to play out of position. But let's blame Archie. This year isn't played out and they are overachieving according to projections.

I don’t care how his teams did at Dayton. I want to know if he’s a fit at IU? So far, it looks like a disaster. You obviously don’t hold a coach accountable for his team’s play. This is all just outside of Archie’s control?

If that is the case, he doesn’t even need to show up to the games.

For 3 straight years, he cannot get anybody to listen to him? A good coach wouldn’t accept the continued sloppy half-assed effort. There are zero consequences.

This is a poorly coached program.

We were projected 10th in the Big Ten and we have 6 losses along with 5 other teams. It is trying to put lipstick on a pig.

They played well at the end of last season when, with a possible NCAA tournament berth on the line, they laid an egg in the BTT against OSU, and then followed that up with a home loss in the NIT? That’s your idea of “played well”? Your assessment is a perfect example of the greatly lowered expectations of so many IU fans. Thanks for making that absolutely clear.
I don't have lower expectations than you, dipstick. I expect IU to contend for Big Ten and National Championships on a regular basis. However, if you don't think IU played better at the end of the season than during their 12 of 13 game loss streak than you're dumber than I thought you were. That's a low bar, by the way.

However, if you don't think IU played better at the end of the season than during their 12 of 13 game loss streak than you're dumber than I thought you were. That's a low bar, by the way.

I agree. IU did play better at the end of the season than during their 12 of 13 loss streak. I also agree that an extremely low bar had been set during that 12 game tanking. There was no where to go but up.

Hopefully coach Miller can hold this team together. IMHO he lost the team last year, lost the locker room, at least during that bad stretch. The seasons not over, but this is the easy part of the schedule. Things get tougher in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I don’t care how his teams did at Dayton. I want to know if he’s a fit at IU? So far, it looks like a disaster. You obviously don’t hold a coach accountable for his team’s play. This is all just outside of Archie’s control?

If that is the case, he doesn’t even need to show up to the games.

For 3 straight years, he cannot get anybody to listen to him? A good coach wouldn’t accept the continued sloppy half-assed effort. There are zero consequences.

This is a poorly coached program.

We were projected 10th in the Big Ten and we have 6 losses along with 5 other teams. It is trying to put lipstick on a pig.
I also want to know if Archie is a fit at IU. But to throw him under the bus after 2 and 1/2 years may be premature. And I have a different perspective than you do. It's ok. Try to listen and respond with empathy, we are both IU fans, right?

I see Archie struggling to get certain players up to speed while the PG situation is poor and bigs aren't really mobile. You see a poorly coached program.

IU has one steady performer at this time, TJD, a freshman. Smith is really good but those two can't carry the program.

So I guess it is a poorly coached team. Or so you say.

I say they are soft on the road. But lots of teams are soft on the road. Why? Because they don't have any history of winning on the road. No one knows how...except maybe Archie.

What is he supposed to do? Make a symphony out of one tuba?

Brian Gregory was on his last legs when he left Dayton before (it was rumored) being asked to leave. He got to the NCAAT twice in what, 10 years? Once was his first year with the previous coach's recruits. His last two years his teams were 7th and 8th in the A-10. And he left the cupboard relatively bare. That is why he choose to leave...he couldn't get recruits. And scooted out of town before the bottom totally fell out.

In came Archie...his last, what 4 or 5 years he made the NCAAT after missing it 3 years building his team. His teams were #1 in the A-10 the last two years.

I didn’t put anything out that was blatantly wrong. I said Gregory had a pretty good run at Dayton, just like Miller. One only needs to read your predictions posts to find consistently incorrect and blatantly wrong information. We all know why you get it wrong so often, too.

I don't have lower expectations than you, dipstick. I expect IU to contend for Big Ten and National Championships on a regular basis. However, if you don't think IU played better at the end of the season than during their 12 of 13 game loss streak than you're dumber than I thought you were. That's a low bar, by the way.
You definitely have lower expectations than many here, as evidenced by your acceptance of mediocrity. You can say otherwise, but it’s empty rhetoric when you constantly accept losing. And not addressing the games I mentioned says everything about you. But we already know about your lack of intelligence.

I didn’t put anything out that was blatantly wrong. I said Gregory had a pretty good run at Dayton, just like Miller. One only needs to read your predictions posts to find consistently incorrect and blatantly wrong information. We all know why you get it wrong so often, too.
Those that you refer to were predictions. I am now about 15 right and 7 wrong. That's not information, it is a prediction. Those aren't blatantly wrong information. Those are wishful predictions. Nice try, but not correct,

A huge difference to incorrectly stating that Gregory had a pretty good run at Dayton like Miller you said. His run wasn't like Miller's at all. Gregory left town before being thrown out. He never was at the head of a conference as the number one team except his first year at Dayton with another coach's players. And was lucky to get Georgia Tech.

Miller went to a B1G storied program Indiana. After being atop the A-10 2 years in a row.

Those that you refer to were predictions. I am now about 15 right and 7 wrong. That's not information, it is a prediction. Those aren't blatantly wrong information. Those are wishful predictions. Nice try, but not correct,

A huge difference to incorrectly stating that Gregory had a pretty good run at Dayton like Miller you said. His run wasn't like Miller's at all. Gregory left town before being thrown out. He never was at the head of a conference as the number one team except his first year at Dayton with another coach's players. And was lucky to get Georgia Tech.

Miller went to a B1G storied program Indiana. After being atop the A-10 2 years in a row.
Check the records, sport. You’re wrong. As for the information v. predictions distinction, that’s stupid. Your posts are insipid and thought free.

Check the records, sport. You’re wrong. As for the information v. predictions distinction, that’s stupid. Your posts are insipid and thought free.
Funny post. Saying someone is wrong without any facts.

I presented facts.

Troll alert. On ignore.

Funny post. Saying someone is wrong without any facts.

I presented facts.

Troll alert. On ignore.
You didn’t present facts about Gregory, you presented your opinion, which was every bit as inane as your “predictions” right ups. By the way, haven’t you predicted IU to win every game? If so, your objectivity should obviously be called into question. Better you should ignore me than try to match me. You’ll lose that easily.

I also want to know if Archie is a fit at IU. But to throw him under the bus after 2 and 1/2 years may be premature. And I have a different perspective than you do. It's ok. Try to listen and respond with empathy, we are both IU fans, right?

I see Archie struggling to get certain players up to speed while the PG situation is poor and bigs aren't really mobile. You see a poorly coached program.

IU has one steady performer at this time, TJD, a freshman. Smith is really good but those two can't carry the program.

So I guess it is a poorly coached team. Or so you say.

I say they are soft on the road. But lots of teams are soft on the road. Why? Because they don't have any history of winning on the road. No one knows how...except maybe Archie.

What is he supposed to do? Make a symphony out of one tuba?

While I agree that our talent level is barely MAC conference at some positions, why is there no accountability? Guys continue to repeatedly make the same bone-headed mistakes and just continue to play? What harm could playing a Cooper Bybee or Nate Childress in a game actually bring? They are just as capable of shooting the ball as poorly as our scholarship players and making 1 handed passes out of bounds.
It’s insane to watch the same guys make the same shit sandwich game after game and continue to get major minutes.

You definitely have lower expectations than many here, as evidenced by your acceptance of mediocrity. You can say otherwise, but it’s empty rhetoric when you constantly accept losing. And not addressing the games I mentioned says everything about you. But we already know about your lack of intelligence.
Your attempts to pretend you’re smart are pretty pathetic.

Your attempts to pretend you’re smart are pretty pathetic.
You’re projecting, likely because you’re not smart enough to understand what’s happened to the program. You just don’t know any better. And don’t blame me because your expectations are so much lower than some other’s, including mine. You’ve accepted mediocrity. Blame yourself.

You’re projecting, likely because you’re not smart enough to understand what’s happened to the program. You just don’t know any better. And don’t blame me because your expectations are so much lower than some other’s, including mine. You’ve accepted mediocrity. Blame yourself.
You’re not smart and you’re dishonest. You created a new name about three months ago and posted here exactly as you’ve posted under your previous names, but you claim you’ve never had another name. It’s a lie and everyone knows it’s a lie. It’s also cowardly. If you had any shame at all you’d get lost.

Aloha apparently thinks he or she is the moral authority of this board , and is the most intelligent poster on here. Yet, the history of the program over the last 20 years goes against gis thoughts, just like CAM results. I’m sure he or she is their own biggest fan. Very amusing.

You’re not smart and you’re dishonest. You created a new name about three months ago and posted here exactly as you’ve posted under your previous names, but you claim you’ve never had another name. It’s a lie and everyone knows it’s a lie. It’s also cowardly. If you had any shame at all you’d get lost.
It’s my one and only name, yet you raise the this false argument because you’re unable to argue based on knowledge and facts, and it eats you up to the point that you make things up. I’ve caught you doing this not only with my handle but with IU hoops history. You truly are that stupid. It’s why most of your posting here is chasing others around to whine and cry about their posts. It is the ultimate in cowardice, and you embrace it. Either support your positions with facts or stop following me around like the little weakling you obviously are.

Reactions: Kyser123
It’s my one and only name, yet you raise the this false argument because you’re unable to argue based on knowledge and facts, and it eats you up to the point that you make things up. I’ve caught you doing this not only with my handle but with IU hoops history. You truly are that stupid. It’s why most of your posting here is chasing others around to whine and cry about their posts. It is the ultimate in cowardice, and you embrace it. Either support your positions with facts or stop following me around like the little weakling you obviously are.
You are a liar. You know you're a liar and a coward. You have no shame.

Lucky sh
Not true. They obviously got better as the season went on the first season. They had the very bad stretch last season, but played well at the end of the season. This season isn’t over.
They did not improve are u stoned, they got Phinesse back and that helped then got clocked by Witchita State. You clearly just like to fight as u are the most ignorant fan ever

Crean took Marquette to final four if you want to play this game, Mike Davis took IU to title game

One of the risks in being a "google poster" which is what One Name ordfan does is that if you don't read follow ups or deeply enough into the links...your strategy of googling then posting in order to sound smart can backfire. It has backfired on him hundreds of times under 20 -25 user names.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
One of the risks in being a "google poster" which is what One Name ordfan does is that if you don't read follow ups or deeply enough into the links...your strategy of googling then posting in order to sound smart can backfire. It has backfired on him hundreds of times under 20 -25 user names.
One of the risks of lying about your association with IU is that I’m able to regularly embarrass you by revealing facts which are completely counter to your unsupported babble. Every number you post confirms your acquiescence.

Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT