ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: Indiana @ Nebraska

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
In the last game between these two teams Indiana played awful defense and Nebraska and Indiana fought to a tie in regulation. Indiana prevailed in overtime with both teams in the 90's. Indiana got to the line and out rebounded Nebraska. Indiana tossed up 25 3 point attempts and hit 5. Nebraska hit a lot of 3's. Nebraska's guards were on. Both Phin and Durham did well. TJD had a stellar performance with 25 if I remember correctly. Indiana owned the paint and got twice Nebraska's rebounds.

Indiana almost lost that game by turning over the ball and missing 3's....and not playing defense.

Tonight Indiana seeks it's first road win of the season against a team that is more inconsistent than IU. Nebraska has a two players that earlier in the season were deemed ineligible to play. Two days ago their backup 6'3" guard Green was noted as injured and doubtful for this game...he is averaging 9 ppg.

One thing that was somewhat decent against Rutgers is that Indiana played halfway decent defense. TJD had a freshman 2nd half and saw the bench a lot of the 2nd half. Archie talked to him yesterday. It is reported that Archie considers TJD as a very good player and he needs to continue playing well...his team relies on him.

Indiana now has videos of Nebraska's games. By the way, Rutgers beat Nebraska at Nebraska.

Play defense, extend it to the 3, get rebounds, hit FFs, hit a couple of 3's but don't go crazy out there, move on offense...win.

Indiana 74; Nebraska 70

Last edited:
Reactions: IUXC68
In the last game between these two teams Indiana played awful defense and Nebraska and Indiana fought to a tie in regulation. Indiana prevailed in overtime with both teams in the 90's. Indiana got to the line and out rebounded Nebraska. Indiana tossed up 25 3 point attempts and hit 5. Nebraska hit a lot of 3's. Nebraska's guards were on. Both Phin and Durham did well. TJD had a stellar performance with 25 if I remember correctly. Indiana owned the paint and got twice Nebraska's rebounds.

Indiana almost lost that game by turning over the ball and missing 3's....and not playing defense.

Tonight Indiana seeks it's first road win of the season against a team that is more inconsistent than IU. Nebraska has a two players that earlier in the season were deemed ineligible to play. Two days ago their backup 6'3" guard Green was noted as injured and doubtful for this game...he is averaging 9 ppg.

One thing that was somewhat decent against Rutgers is that Indiana played halfway decent defense. TJD had a freshman 2nd half and saw the bench a lot of the 2nd half. Archie talked to him yesterday. It is reported that Archie considers TJD as a very good player and he needs to continue playing well...his team relies on him.

Indiana now has videos of Nebraska's games. By the way, Rutgers beat Nebraska at Nebraska.

Play defense, extend it to the 3, get rebounds, hit FFs, hit a couple of 3's but don't go crazy out there, move on offense...win.

Indiana 74; Rutgers 70

We're playing Rutgers again, so soon?

Those wacky Big Ten schedulers ......

Archie refuse or doesn’t know how to make adjustments from last game; TJD scores, we refuse to guard 3 while having Brunk play awful hedge on defense, lose in last 2 minutes. 75-74.

77-59. Hoosiers

after that 96-90 W IU has been much better defensively. Nebraska sucks on D. Easy W. Offense comes alive.

The predictions in this thread reflect the Jekyll and Hyde personality of our team. Hopefully Miller can push the right buttons today.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I think IU progresses to the mean from a shooting perspective. We never trail and win this one going away 76-56. IU!

and the Archie haters are nowhere to be found.

Reactions: bailey777
I think IU progresses to the mean from a shooting perspective. We never trail and win this one going away 76-56. IU!

You got that right, except if IU is down at any point in the first half one of them will guarantee a loss. Victimbear completely disappeared for 48 hours after the OSU win. Ironically, he told other posters that they’d not post for 48 hours if IU lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing

Seriously doubt that. Not everyone hates Archie. I just hate his offense and I hope he improves it. One game against a mediocre Nebraska team changes nothing. If they finish the conference above .500 and make that tourney then that might shut some people up. We are stuck with Archie for a little while so might as well hope for the best

Gotta to go with Nebraska. This team hasn't really shown anything that says they can win "true" road games.

Seriously doubt that. Not everyone hates Archie. I just hate his offense and I hope he improves it. One game against a mediocre Nebraska team changes nothing. If they finish the conference above .500 and make that tourney then that might shut some people up. We are stuck with Archie for a little while so might as well hope for the best
If you ever watched Dayton or IU with Phin or Durham hitting and getting assists...and wings moving and getting assists and screening...then there you are.

Reactions: MrBing
Huskers hit 3s that we will give up like crazy. We can't throw the ball in the ocean if we are standing on the pier. Huskers 76 Hoosiers 63

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I believe we win tonight by 10 or so. Nebraska is a train wreck.

62-50 IU

ADVERTISEMENT