12 Coastal Carolina
13 North Carolina

Sugar Bowl -- 1 Alabama - 4 Notre Dame
Rose Bowl -- 2 Clemson - 3 Ohio State
Orange -- 5 Texas A&M - 13 North Carolina
Peach -- 6 Cincinnati - 7 Georgia
Cotton -- 8 Oklahoma - 9 Florida
Fiesta -- 10 Indiana - NR Oregon

ND lost to Clemson by 24, whom they also beat....plus they were in the conference championship. A&M lost to Bama by 25 and didn't make their conference title game. ND will be in the CFP.
nd beat in overtime Clemson without Lawrence and 3 defensive starters - Clemson is far superior to nd and showed it yesterday. Tesas A& M will be in CFP not nd

nd beat in overtime Clemson without Lawrence and 3 defensive starters - Clemson is far superior to nd and showed it yesterday. Tesas A& M will be in CFP not nd

Ha You only named ND's resume and not the team you're comparing them against. ND will be in the CFP, A&M will play in the Cotton Bowl.

Reactions: vesuvius13
You could make the same argument for A&M and Bama although it happened early. That is one of the reasons this thing is such a mess.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I hope you’re right, but I don’t expect IAST to fall below us.

I expect we’ll be in the Citrus against AUB. If TA&M overtakes ND, that’s our only possible ticket to a NY6 bowl (as UNC wouldn’t have to be picked).

I’m seeing only citrus bowl now as well. Why does UNC have to be picked? Doesn’t Clemson count as their selection? I woke up to see these and am furious about Florida and Iowa St to stay ahead of us.

Reactions: red hornet
Iowa State with 3 losses should not end the historical BIG vs. PAC matchup on New Years Day. Rose Bowl is one of the great sports traditions even if its a Fiesta Bowl Fill in fir this year. IU deserved the Fiesta. Just a comment from a common fan, this is a make up for letting OSU in the playoff. Spreading the dollars equitably. OSU should be in the playoff but that is the only favor the BIG gets. 6 and 2 Northwestern as worthy as Iowa State Citrus Bowl is a great game though and playing on New Years Day or Jan 2 Bowl is still good. Good Season and 1 more game to look forward to in a year of progress.

I’m seeing only citrus bowl now as well. Why does UNC have to be picked? Doesn’t Clemson count as their selection? I woke up to see these and am furious about Florida and Iowa St to stay ahead of us.
Orange gets the highest ACC team not in the top-4. If ND makes the top-4, UNC gets the Orange. If TA&M overtakes ND, ND goes to the Orange, and a slot frees up (which we could then slide into).

Reactions: ss32000

ACC has a tie in to the Orange Bowl, even if there is an ACC in the playoff. Same thing happens with the big ten and rose bowl when the rose bowl is not apart of the playoff.

Our only shot is A&M getting in the playoff. I don’t feel confident of that.

Yep.

We needed FLA and IAST to basically get bitchslapped,. Neither happened. Both will stay ahead of us, and get NY6 bowls.
You’re probably right. It a 3 loss ISt team who lost to f—-ing Louisiana will be hard to swallow

I'm not watching any of the CFP. I'm voting with my TV. Probably in vain but I'm voting none the less. I will watch IU and CC and maybe UC and that's about it. I usually watch all the B1G bowls but not at all interested and hope they all get blown out.

Reactions: Radio Zero
1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Ohio St
4 Notre Dame
5 Texas A&M
6 Cincinnati
7 Georgia
8 Oklahoma
9 Florida
10 Indiana
11 Iowa St
12 Coastal Carolina
13 North Carolina

Sugar Bowl -- 1 Alabama - 4 Notre Dame
Rose Bowl -- 2 Clemson - 3 Ohio State
Orange -- 5 Texas A&M - 13 North Carolina
Peach -- 6 Cincinnati - 7 Georgia
Cotton -- 8 Oklahoma - 9 Florida
Fiesta -- 10 Indiana - NR Oregon
Agree with your Top 4 predictions. Regarding your #10, I think that's where we should be but not where we will be. I think we end up behind 3-loss Iowa State (insane) and in the Citrus Bowl.

The more I think about about last weeks rankings, I think the committee was trying to 1) create drama 2) avoid a scenario where 2 or even 3 teams lost yesterday, but still made the playoff.

Specifically, I think that Iowa St/Oklahoma/Florida where intentionally overrated to add more significance/interest to the SEC/B12 championship games.

Plus, let's say that Florida and Iowa St were rated outside the top 10 like the probably should have been, but Florida but managed to upset Alabama. Add in a losses by OSU and A&M (and one of Clemson/ND was going to lose), the committee would still have put Alabama/Clemson/ND and either OSU/A&M in the playoff. That would have been a bad look for the playoff.

The committee put Iowa St/Florida at 6/7th to keep them in contention for a playoff of spot and put Oklahoma at 10 so that Iowa St had a chance to pick up another "big" win.

Reactions: 76-1
Isn’t it nice we’re upset with a possible Jan. 1 Citrus Bowl birth ? I used to watch all those bowl games on NYD and think , wouldn’t it be fun to be in one , well, here we are. I get the frustration, I feel like we earned a NY6 birth, but I’m choosing the “glass half full” approach, it it’s the Citrus. Hopefully, we’ll use it as a added chip on our shoulder next year, and hopefully, we’ll all be able to be there to give this team and staff the support it deserves !

Word is that the B10 is about to do away with the 21 day rule.

Gee..., I wonder if they'll change it for "The" o-h-i-o $$$tate? 🤔🙄😖

The actual question Is will their sudden reversal of medical protocols apply only to the worthless nuts or will the new an improved rules apply to all Big Ten Bowl bound teams??

For the record, ND had several starters out that game as well. Their best receiver is a grad transfer from Northwestern.

They did.
No they didn't. Only dropped four, and we stayed behind them. That's why we're not in a NY6 bowl (but we are playing New Year's Day anyway).

Well, that and two other reasons--FLA only dropping one spot after losing to LSU killed us, as did ND staying ahead of TA&M (creating the domino effect of ND in the playoff and UNC in the Orange because the Orange mandates that an ACC team play in it).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT