ADVERTISEMENT

POTFB

73-69. Hoosiers. Time to start a streak of our own.
Man, I hope so. I think how we come out will tell the tale of the game. If we're not inspired, fired up and getting after it from the tip, I don't feel good about tonight. Wish we had a home crowd for support, but just one more thing this team needs to overcome.

How about some Cal Cheaney type passion, aggression, determination and effort for a little gameday motivation?

Go Hoosiers!

Dt6RK99U0AAHgjx.jpg

474504a8-a546-4834-89c5-3de6d2ecf984-inidc5-5o43wvx0wrk3fnm9l8b_original.jpg

cc2e06eb-2e1c-4c2a-85e5-9b2f61ea9773-uscpcent02-6xfay074dwkbfafecd3_original.jpg

Last edited:
73-69. Hoosiers. Time to start a streak of our own.

Hey Hoss,

I know youve said that you is an expert handicapper and sports bettor so what to do? Take Hoosiers on the moneyline or they gonna cover the -3

Time to start a new streak (the ones in your little undies don't count, sorry son)

Go HOOOSIERS!

Last edited:
Man, I hope so. I think how we come out will tell the tale of the game. If we're not inspired, fired up and getting after it from the tip, I don't feel good about tonight. Wish we had a home crowd for support, but just one more thing this team needs to overcome.

How about some Cal Cheaney type passion, determination and effort for a little gameday motivation?

Go Hoosiers!

Dt6RK99U0AAHgjx.jpg

cc2e06eb-2e1c-4c2a-85e5-9b2f61ea9773-uscpcent02-6xfay074dwkbfafecd3_original.jpg

Today will tell the tale of the season. If we can finally get over the PU hump in the Archie era, and no more bubble talk the rest of the year, just how high a seed.

Earn that 3 mil per Archie, get these boys fired up. Hell, let boss loose on em for an hour pre game.

Hey Hoss,

I know youve said that you is an expert handicapper and sports bettor so what to do? Take Hoosiers on the moneyline or they gonna cover the -3

Time to start a new streak (the ones in your little undies don't count, sorry son)

Go HOOOSIERS!
Dialed in Son

Reactions: Radio Zero
considering the recent history between the two programs (on the court results) it will be an accomplishment if either team can get to 70 pts. In recent yrs this rivalry has produced some of the ugliest bball I've watched outside of grade school inhouse rec games.

Biggest concern for me is TJD vs Purdue's size. He has struggled when outsized physically, and between Tre and the Canuck freak of nature, TJD is in for a challenging night. Tre is a large man who will crab walk anyone to the box and coming off a monster 2nd have in E Lansing. And Edey, from what little I've seen, has actually surprised me. I now see why that annoying dutchboy left early....he may have seen his playing time diminished substantially this season.

WIll be very strange watching 2 IU-PU games this year where the crowd is no factor. SO....not really sure how to handicap this one. AF's status known yet? Because that's pretty important.

Reactions: 76-1 and kkott
4-1 would be a decent way to end this 5 game stretch. I thought 5-0 was possible, but I’d be satisfied with 4-1.

from kenpom:

last year
PU. 24th (50th O, 11th D)
IU 34th. (65th O, 26th D)

this year
IU 25th. (54th O, 14th D)
PU 37th. (49th O, 36th D)

So, overall Kenpom has us swapping places from last year. Biggest change seems to be PU defensively.

Hoosiers 67-54

Reactions: 76-1 and Cavanagh
considering the recent history between the two programs (on the court results) it will be an accomplishment if either team can get to 70 pts. In recent yrs this rivalry has produced some of the ugliest bball I've watched outside of grade school inhouse rec games.

Biggest concern for me is TJD vs Purdue's size. He has struggled when outsized physically, and between Tre and the Canuck freak of nature, TJD is in for a challenging night. Tre is a large man who will crab walk anyone to the box and coming off a monster 2nd have in E Lansing. And Edey, from what little I've seen, has actually surprised me. I now see why that annoying dutchboy left early....he may have seen his playing time diminished substantially this season.

WIll be very strange watching 2 IU-PU games this year where the crowd is no factor. SO....not really sure how to handicap this one. AF's status known yet? Because that's pretty important.

if Edey plays more than 5 minutes I’ll be shocked. Our defense will eat him alive unless he can catch it for quick turnaround layups, and that ain’t gonna happen. He puts the ball below his shoulders it is gonna be a turnover.

Now big boy Williams? Ya TJD needs to make this a personal challenge. If TJD out plays Williams we beat them easy. However, I’m not confident that happens.

How about some Cal Cheaney type passion, aggression, determination and effort for a little gameday motivation?

Go Hoosiers!

Dt6RK99U0AAHgjx.jpg

Weird side note. I wish IU would go back to the IU symbol on Cheaney's shorts. I like the more rounded U. Anyways, I hope for an IU win. Prediction: IU 61 PU 59.

Reactions: kkott
if Edey plays more than 5 minutes I’ll be shocked. Our defense will eat him alive unless he can catch it for quick turnaround layups, and that ain’t gonna happen. He puts the ball below his shoulders it is gonna be a turnover.

Now big boy Williams? Ya TJD needs to make this a personal challenge. If TJD out plays Williams we beat them easy. However, I’m not confident that happens.
and I'm just guessing, but did you find yourself saying similar things about Haarms the last couple years? There's a certain confidence and advantage to being 6" taller than anyone between you and the basket. We've got to fight for real estate, push their bigs a couple feet farther out than they are comfortable and our guards need to be following the entry pass and attacking the ball and their dribble until they pick it up. That's how I'd play it... of course by now I'd have tried to have a few more bigs on our roster too...

I’d be more confident if I knew Franklin was playing. Painter seems to have Archie’s number. Purdue will shoot better than normal. I’d say Purdue 65-60.
Does Purdue have a normal? We seem to either be on fire or ice cold.

I think it’s going to be one of those 1st to 60 wins type of games. Hope we all witness a good one though! Take care everyone

Does Purdue have a normal? We seem to either be on fire or ice cold.

I think it’s going to be one of those 1st to 60 wins type of games. Hope we all witness a good one though! Take care everyone

You guys always seem to have 1 or 2 guys shoot way above Normal. Eric Hunter hasn’t been able to hit the broad side of a barn door but he’ll bury 4 threes tonight. Even though Archie is a good defensive coach, his teams tend to allow struggling shooters to get on track.

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
and I'm just guessing, but did you find yourself saying similar things about Haarms the last couple years? There's a certain confidence and advantage to being 6" taller than anyone between you and the basket. We've got to fight for real estate, push their bigs a couple feet farther out than they are comfortable and our guards need to be following the entry pass and attacking the ball and their dribble until they pick it up. That's how I'd play it... of course by now I'd have tried to have a few more bigs on our roster too...

Our Defense was night and day when Haarms was a freshmen. The best part of our D IMO is the paint. Race and Trace are awesome and Rob loves to help and strip. Guarding the 3 is our Achilles heal. Cockburn really struggled against us in the 1st half and needed a come to Jesus moment from his coach to have a pretty good second half, but he and Garza are the best big men in the country, don't see many other big guys doing much against our D. It is the one thing I will give credit to, Archie has made it a staple. He just forgot to practice O in the process.

Reactions: kkott

“Turnaround layups”? Lol.

Our Defense was night and day when Haarms was a freshmen. The best part of our D IMO is the paint. Race and Trace are awesome and Rob loves to help and strip. Guarding the 3 is our Achilles heal. Cockburn really struggled against us in the 1st half and needed a come to Jesus moment from his coach to have a pretty good second half, but he and Garza are the best big men in the country, don't see many other big guys doing much against our D. It is the one thing I will give credit to, Archie has made it a staple. He just forgot to practice O in the process.
Watch Williams go for 20/10 tonight.

Reactions: Brya31 and Cavanagh

If Edey only plays 5 minutes that’s not a good thing. That means Williams isn't in any foul trouble and probably score 20+

Reactions: Brya31
If Edey only plays 5 minutes that’s not a good thing. That means Williams isn't in any foul trouble and probably score 20+
Yeah, it just doesn't seem to be a strategy anymore to foul someone out, but I hope we take it right at Williams; especially our guards. The way Durham falls around he should be able to look legit drawing a foul every time!

• Haha
Reactions: Cavanagh
best way to get a guy like Edey off the court is to play fast pace, run when we can. Which means RP can't be dribbling the air out of the ball all night.

Tre definitely is the concern. That guy is a load, and he looked unstoppable against MSU.
Foul trouble for either team could really swing things, especially fouls on the bigs.

Will be interesting to see how playing time is given to our frosh players tonight. More Leal seems like less Galloway. AF's availabilty (or not?) will influence all of that as well.

Also, beware the underachieving Boilermaker (Wheeler?) having another career night in the middle of another underwhelming season.

Should be a tight game. I don't see either team reaching 70 pts. But unlike you, I'm not a gambler, so don't take my word. O/U is 130.5. I think the line is IU by 4-5 pts. I wonder how much weight the oddsmakers are giving to the home court this yr. Can't really be the same factor as normal yrs.

Reactions: kkott and Cavanagh
Tre definitely is the concern. That guy is a load, and he looked unstoppable against MSU.
Foul trouble for either team could really swing things, especially fouls on the bigs.

We are quite a bit better defensively in the post than State is. PU is a load inside, but we are better suited to defend them than MSU is.

I would assume RP is good to go. He played the entire 2H vs Huskers. Reports stating AF will be a game time decision.

I will be that guy, I have said it in many phone conversations. I hope Rob doesn't play to force Archie's hand to play Lander.

• Sad
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT