ADVERTISEMENT

Post your Friday jams here!!!

I'll see your MM,and raise you A Case of You.Don't want to get started on the disappointment I personally feel for Joni allowing her voice to self destruct by refusing to quit smoking.But the period thru Ladies,Blue,For the Roses,and Court and Spark has some of my favorite songs by any female artist.

I think Blue was mainly about her breakup with Nash,with some JT thrown in as well.But most of the speculation on ACOY has always centered on Leonard Cohen,who is likely the subject of Rainy Day House as well...

WTF!....... this thread is four pages long and needs some Steely Dan! Love the horn section on this song....

McHoop

NY........... On The Beach........... great song and pretty cool album cover....

McHoop

One more, then I'm done for the night (morning):

Steve Goodman, from The Easter Tapes:

I really like JB's cover of this as well.Changes was the first JB album I bought (for Margaritaville),and again I was able to work my way backwards and discover a lot of really fine stuff.I used to have "You Had to Be There"
on vinyl,but it seems to be really hard to track down.Some incredible versions of some great songs on that live,double album masterpiece...

Turns out I need to do some newer research on youtube.Evidently someone uploaded Had to Be There within the past year or so.Love the version of Pirate on here,and this song imo is JB at his songwriting,storytelling best...

Last edited:
WTF!....... this thread is four pages long and needs some Steely Dan! Love the horn section on this song....

McHoop

Love the Dan.Used to play the crap out of the first 2 albums,seemed like every song was a keeper.Later it was more hit or miss for me,songs I loved and songs that I didn't particularly care for on the same albums

Never saw them live,but I know they tour frequently.On their most recent run of shows they were joined by Cindy Mizelle who has been a member of the latest version of The E Street Band that has toured from about 2009 on.She was also one of the stars of the "20 feet from Stardom" documentary about backup singers that I've seen discussed on here previously...

Okay, listen to these, only a few seconds of each is all that's needed. Tell me if you hear it.

and not as much but still...

NY........... On The Beach........... great song and pretty cool album cover....

McHoop

In honor of "Race Weekend"...

Can't label this my favorite Bruce song (way too many to choose from),but it's the song and album that turned me into a hardcore from a casual fan.I was living in Germany and lived in the same house as a couple of Lieutenants who were stationed at the same post I worked at..

One of them had a Citroen with an 8 track,and we used to drive around playing 8 tracks,including "Darkness"...Bruce hadn't released anything since Born To Run,and I grew up in the cultural wasteland of Indiana as opposed to the East or West Coasts where Bruce was exploding.So it was '79 or so and I hadn't heard anything new from Bruce in about 4 yrs,and "Darkness" blew me away.The thing about 8 tracks was they just continued to play,so you'd hear an album 3 or 4 times thru over the course of a 2 or 3 hour drive...

Just fell in love with this song from the moment I heard it.Still pretty close to what I'd call my perfect song with lyrics about much more than "racing",a killer vocal,and stunning instrumentation from Roy,especially...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT