ADVERTISEMENT

Post COVID schedule

ESalum86

Junior
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
So it appears, if things do not change, students will be done on campus prior to Thanksgiving. Sadly, due to COVID-19, this may be permanent. This means, yet again, they will be out of town for the Bucket game. The difference now is they will not be coming back to attend class on Monday. There is no incentive for them to hang around for the Bucket.

I've said it before and I believe it even moreso now: the Bucket game needs to be moved up in the schedule. I propose the fourth Saturday every October. Students will be on campus. The campus will be ablaze in color. The weather is ideal. Schedule a bye week either before or after the game.

Scott Dolson, make this happen!

So it appears, if things do not change, students will be done on campus prior to Thanksgiving. Sadly, due to COVID-19, this may be permanent. This means, yet again, they will be out of town for the Bucket game. The difference now is they will not be coming back to attend class on Monday. There is no incentive for them to hang around for the Bucket.

I've said it before and I believe it even moreso now: the Bucket game needs to be moved up in the schedule. I propose the fourth Saturday every October. Students will be on campus. The campus will be ablaze in color. The weather is ideal. Schedule a bye week either before or after the game.

I would like to see the game change to a different week too.

Reactions: h20pls and TMFT
It'd be nice to have the game when the kids were in town. But I don't think the B1G will change the dates since that last week of the season is for most of the "big" rivalry games.

I'd like to see them make it a Thanksgiving night game in Lucas Oil. It'd be nationally televised and if the teams keep trending up, could end up being a big game each year. Also would draw good alumni crowds out of the Indy area.

Reactions: travlinhoosier

For that to happen, you have to move rivalry week in college football. The ADs have zero input into this. The schedule is done by the TV and conference folks. I see 0.0 chance they move the Bucket game up unless college football as a whole moves rivalry week up. During that particular week, the conference makes major money because all the big rivalries play on the same weekend. Moving the Bucket Game makes no financial sense for the conference, therefore it's just not going to happen. Fans simply need to stick around for the game. That's all there is too it.

For that to happen, you have to move rivalry week in college football. The ADs have zero input into this. The schedule is done by the TV and conference folks. I see 0.0 chance they move the Bucket game up unless college football as a whole moves rivalry week up. During that particular week, the conference makes major money because all the big rivalries play on the same weekend. Moving the Bucket Game makes no financial sense for the conference, therefore it's just not going to happen. Fans simply need to stick around for the game. That's all there is too it.
When does Florida State play Miami? When does Louisville play UK? I think we should play it week one...but ALWAYS on campus. Games at Lucas Oil, or any neutral site, are absolutely awful. I'd rather get frostbite than miss out on Nick's or Harry's and all that goes with being in enemy territory.

When does Florida State play Miami? When does Louisville play UK? I think we should play it week one...but ALWAYS on campus. Games at Lucas Oil, or any neutral site, are absolutely awful. I'd rather get frostbite than miss out on Nick's or Harry's and all that goes with being in enemy territory.
Louisville vs Uk is not a conference game. And the biggest rivalry for FAU is not Miami, it is Florida and it is the same day as the bucket game but the students go back early for the game also the the alumni show up too as it is a long weekend there is no reason that the game is not sold out.

ADVERTISEMENT