ADVERTISEMENT

Post-Covid, Post J&J Vaccine Question

Did you ask for the J & J vaccine? Did you have to fill out a form first?

Are you glad you got the J & J vaccine, or would you have preferred the Pfizer or Moderna one? Weren't there some J & J test results that showed an adverse reaction/bad side effects from a very small % of the patients who received the J & J vaccine?
The JJ was the only shot at the IMS. It was announced they were giving it at IMS and it was for 2 weekends. The adverse effects, if I remember correctly, were a few women on birth control who developed blood clots.
I'm neither happy or glad I got it. Haven't contracted the virus again, so nothing to be unhappy about.

The JJ was the only shot at the IMS. It was announced they were giving it at IMS and it was for 2 weekends. The adverse effects, if I remember correctly, were a few women on birth control who developed blood clots.
I'm neither happy or glad I got it. Haven't contracted the virus again, so nothing to be unhappy about.
The blood clots side effect from the J & J shot is what scared me from liking it. One of my original symptoms from having Covid-19, was blood clots. I had them in my hands, feet, leg & neck. After I got my Pfizer shots, slowly, the blood clots began to disappear. I've had two heart attacks & a stroke, so blood clots can be problems for me.

The vaccine does have tons of research data probably more so than any other vaccine ever released. No, it doesn't have long-term but preliminary research is probably 100 fold compared to others.
Agreed, but that's what I mean. Frankly, I'm frustrated because I had covid and I got the vaccine, mainly as an example for my employees, but only 1 of the 6 has gotten it and I'm concerned that at some point customers are going to require it and I'm not going to have people to send to that site. For most of them, I think that's their hesitancy is that no one can tell them definitively it's not going to cause them cancer in 10+ years. I'm trying to convince them that any possible future risk is less than getting covid now, especially if it mutates into a more lethal variant. Personally that's how I've guessed this whole thing will unfold. Anti-vaxxers will sit on the sidelines until they see lots of friends, neighbors and family, then they'll be outraged when it takes awhile to get the vaccine they should have already gotten.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Son (23) had the mild Covid in February and got the J&J vaccine today.

Will he die?
Cough?
Laugh?

ERR’BODY with experience can vote.

No third-world voters.
My bet is the US gov. DOESN'T recommend a booster shot today for low(er) risk Americans
(I usually get these predictions right-However, 65 & older, & higher risk Americans, Doc Meeks recommends you get a booster this Fall). It would be the 3rd shot, if you (like myself) got the Pfizer shot(s) the first time.

These drug companies are making lots of money from producing all these Covid vaccines. Pfizer sounds like a wise stock investment about now. I think I heard they profited the most so far, from their Covid vaccines. It feels like we're getting closer to the herd immunity ending, than the everyone got the vaccine first, scenario ending.

Maybe Trump was right about Covid, & we should just let the sick & elderly die off, call it a day, & let Vlad & Xi take over the survivors. They'd make IUhaterade/JohnnieDoeBoiler King of the dead, & undead.

Maybe you should try that David Carradine stunt, the one just before he died. If the vaccines don't get you, you can practice that trick till you feel better.

Where were you on 6/3/09? Kwai Chang Caine will not be voting. Can we expect you at the DC tin foil hat rally tomorrow? No rope allowed, as Lodestar won't be attending, Cruz, Lindsey & Marco, we'll see?

Sincerely

Doc Meeks

Last edited:
How many different board names are you now up to JohnnieDoeBoliler? I stopped counting at 12. I'll bet you don't you use your IUhaterade handle on this board. Why not? :) ----- JI, SS, MG, TW, ZE ----- :) :) :)

How's the new white jacket fitting you these days, the one with extra long sleeves that tie in the back?

Get well soon

Doc Meeks
Please

ZVoPrK1.jpg

...point being, all stats related to covid need be broken down by age to be of any usefulness in the slightest, and yet they aren't absent really going hunting.
between the options of

1) telling everyone to be cautious and smart, since many people are dying, and all ages can be contagious,
or
2) Telling young folks to just "fuggett-aboud-dit" cause they're safe and home free, while telling old folks they're screwed...

I kind of prefer #1

Accurate information is good, though, but smart interpretation is unlikely in a population rushing to use horse dewormer instead of a vaccine, since Nicki Minaj "taught" them about swollen balls after vaccination and maybe she taught them equally brain dead crap about controlled demolitions in Surfside.

Reactions: billyhillui
Frankly, I'm frustrated because I had covid and I got the vaccine, mainly as an example for my employees, but only 1 of the 6 has gotten it and I'm concerned that at some point customers are going to require it and I'm not going to have people to send to that site.

So you hired morons?

Reactions: billyhillui
between the options of

1) telling everyone to be cautious and smart, since many people are dying, and all ages can be contagious,
or
2) Telling young folks to just "fuggett-aboud-dit" cause they're safe and home free, while telling old folks they're screwed...

I kind of prefer #1

Accurate information is good, though, but smart interpretation is unlikely in a population rushing to use horse dewormer instead of a vaccine, since Nicki Minaj "taught" them about swollen balls after vaccination and maybe she taught them equally brain dead crap about controlled demolitions in Surfside.

i rightfully say covid hospitalization and death stats should be broken down by age and vax status or they're basically meaningless, which they are, and you have some kind of issue with that??

wtf moron?

It’s a nuanced joking comment you weren’t, ummm, “worldly” enough to understand

You really should stay at the kids table by the cartoon TV. It’s for the best of everyone. When both politicians and posters act without proper brain function, it just goes ugly early.
Keep that shi* on the Purdue board, where it belongs. Who won the ND-Purdue game Saturday? :)

Your team got floored

Common Sense

It’s a nuanced joking comment you weren’t, ummm, “worldly” enough to understand

You really should stay at the kids table by the cartoon TV. It’s for the best of everyone. When both politicians and posters act without proper brain function, it just goes ugly early.
It just makes you sound like a racist. How about you explain it to us?

Btw, which number is larger, the number of times you have banned posters on the Purdue board, or the number of times the IU board has banned you? :O Yikes!

'worldly' :O ... & I don't even have a college degree :O (which college did you go to?) :)

Doc Meeks

Last edited:
Son (23) had the mild Covid in February and got the J&J vaccine today.

Will he die?
Cough?
Laugh?

ERR’BODY with experience can vote.

No third-world voters.
"Son (23) ..."

Give him the Clorox & dewormer cocktail, he'll be up & fine, & give your cow the vaccine.

Sincerely (remove the bell from around his neck)

Elsie (mooo!) :)

It just makes you sound like a racist. How about you explain it to us?

Btw, which number is larger, the number of times you have banned posters on the Purdue board, or the number of times the IU board has banned you? :O Yikes!

'worldly' :O ... & I don't even have a college degree :O (which college did you go to?) :)

Doc Meeks

even though you are a troll certain to be banned by the stellar moderators staff here at ThevHoosier, I’ll be nice and respond:

In over 30 years, I’ve posted on the Purdue board 28 times.

I’ve posted here over 48,000 times.

Yet you, in a display of true stupid, think I’m a moderator at the Purdue board.

I’ve been truly banned here once, by Buzz, for my very first Cooler post.

I was banned temporarily by Goat once, to - in his words - “get my attention” - when I responded to his claims that I was racist.

Trust me, if I was a moderator, you wouldn’t be Here. Your kind of stupid trolling hasn’t been seen since the fourth graders posted on the Indy Star chat rooms.

Have a nice life.

Bye troll.

even though you are a troll certain to be banned by the stellar moderators staff here at ThevHoosier, I’ll be nice and respond:

Yet you, in a display of true stupid, think I’m a moderator at the Purdue board.

I was banned temporarily by Goat once, to - in his words - “get my attention” - when I responded to his claims that I was racist.

Trust me, if I was a moderator, you wouldn’t be Here. Your kind of stupid trolling hasn’t been seen since the fourth graders posted on the Indy Star chat rooms.

Have a nice life.

Bye troll.
He's just an unhinged, jabbering conspiracy nutter. I think someone touched him on his tingly bits once while he was thinking about Keady's combover and he's never been able to get over it.

Have a nice life.

Bye troll.
I'm curious...do you remember what you said in your very first WC post that caused Buzz to ban you?

Have a nice life.

Bye troll.
You/MyTeamIsOnTheFloor has over 48,000 posts on just this name, & you have more names than you can count. Why do you constantly trash the IU basketball & football coaches, players & teams? You also trash IU on the Purdue board as well. Why??? Are you sure your initials aren't DD? :O Why do you cause so much trouble?

Agreed, but that's what I mean. Frankly, I'm frustrated because I had covid and I got the vaccine, mainly as an example for my employees, but only 1 of the 6 has gotten it and I'm concerned that at some point customers are going to require it and I'm not going to have people to send to that site. For most of them, I think that's their hesitancy is that no one can tell them definitively it's not going to cause them cancer in 10+ years. I'm trying to convince them that any possible future risk is less than getting covid now, especially if it mutates into a more lethal variant. Personally that's how I've guessed this whole thing will unfold. Anti-vaxxers will sit on the sidelines until they see lots of friends, neighbors and family, then they'll be outraged when it takes awhile to get the vaccine they should have already gotten.
I know I’m preaching to the choir, but no one can tell you definitively that taking an aspirin won’t give you cancer. From everything I’ve read, the vaccine leaves your body in a matter of months and that no vaccines have ever shown side effects that come up after two months. I’m sure Outside Shooter can speak to this and if that’s the case. Could you have medical personnel come in to speak with them and take questions?

Reactions: outside shooter
You/MyTeamIsOnTheFloor has over 48,000 posts on just this name, & you have more names than you can count. Why do you constantly trash the IU basketball & football coaches, players & teams? You also trash IU on the Purdue board as well. Why??? Are you sure your initials aren't DD? :O Why do you cause so much trouble?
I think you’re wrong here. I’ve never known mTIOF to post under another name or on the pU board much. He doesn’t trash the teams either. We agree on exactly zero politically, but on most everything sports related.

The Pfizer office here has developed a covid cluster! Approx 22 employees in that cluster plus now their families have been put in quarantine.

😂 😂 :rolleyes:

Yep. Thanks for asking. Queasy for 48 hours. Then back to social life.

Fact is we are among the lucky. About 2% of unvaccinated folks who get exposed to Covid are gonna have a bad road, and we weren't among that number. Took the vaccines anyway - better safe than sorry.

Wife's reaction to Moderna was rough. Son's reaction to J&J was less. Daughter's reaction was nothing.

Mine has been a longer-than-usual flare up of RA joint issues because the vaccine triggered my immune system, which attacks the joints instead of doing its regular job. So be it. I'll live and it'll go back to its normal suppressed state sometime soon.
RA must be rough, sorry to hear that.
For every person afraid of unknown long term effects of the VAX, they should also be concerned about the known long term effects that many (even young healthy males are developing myocardial problems) are developing from the disease.
IMO, there should be “an out” for those with proven resist/antibodies, that have a (strong) reason to avoid the VAX, WITHOUT LOSING THEIR JOBS. B

Wife and I both got the J&J vaccine in March. We chose the J&J because of the one shot approach. Going back again wasn't very appealing to she and I.

Never had any major issues other than a sore arm. It was odd in the sense that it was only sore if touched. This went on for one month and gradually faded away.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT