ADVERTISEMENT

Post-Covid, Post J&J Vaccine Question

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Son (23) had the mild Covid in February and got the J&J vaccine today.

Will he die?
Cough?
Laugh?

ERR’BODY with experience can vote.

No third-world voters.

What about the other way around? I was vaxxed (Moderna) in the spring and tested positive yesterday. I actually got it in bloomington somewhere last week during a visit back home. I’m hoping for a robust immune system as a result of being vaxxed and then getting it as well.

NPR had a story this morning saying those who got COVID and then got the vaccine had really high level immune response, even to SARS-classic.
I’m hoping he doesnt have a harsh reaction. He was reluctant to get a jab, relying on natural antibodies.

I got Moderna and had no reaction, but take immuno-suppressant dope.

Wife got Moderna and was sick for a day after the first, but not the second. She has stayed negative despite working in a school where 40% are quarantined right now.

Will he die?
Cough?
Laugh?

No third-world voters.
Had the virus in December, bad enough to stay in the hospital for a week and a half. Got the J&J shot as soon as possible in March. Had a slight reaction the next day (felt like crap into the afternoon).
Since having a cardiac ablation to fix Afib caused by covid, I feel great.

I’m hoping he doesnt have a harsh reaction. He was reluctant to get a jab, relying on natural antibodies.

Wife got Moderna and was sick for a day after the first, but not the second. She has stayed negative despite working in a school where 40% are quarantined right now.
Well, I hope everyone ends up healthy.

Everything I've seen indicates he'll be fine. I get the hesitancy of putting a vaccine in your body that doesn't have tons of research and historical data, but to me the risk is far greater for the general population from folks not getting vaccinated and having covid continue to circulate. Could it give us all cancer or some disease in the future? I suppose that's not outside the realm of possibility, but I think the risk is far lower to get it, than catching covid. I already feel like Delta variant is harsher, just because the people I know who've gotten it recently seem sicker, including a friends Dad, who died (he had complicating health factors and was 81, but he's gone from covid). It's like being in a burning house: it may kill you to run through the flames to try and get out, but if you just sit there, the outcome is worse. I think it's inevitable that it's going to mutate to a much more lethal strain and once people start dropping at high rate, unvaxed folks are then going to rush out and demand getting vaxed and we'll be ill-prepared because mfrs will have slowed down based on the amount of vaccine that is going unused and must be tossed.

FYI, I had a mild case a year ago and still got the vaccine, and had a minor reaction for a few hours that evening, but was OK the next day. Had Moderna and had the same reaction to both shots. Felt crappy, chills, maybe slight fever but was fine the next day.

Son feels bad today. Chills overnight. Queasy.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Ha! Thank you.

I have a million catch phrases that I say in certain circumstances. Something I've heard from that past that I'll put in an everyday situation. For example anytime my wife drives us somewhere, when we get there I'll say, 'We live.' That comes from Summer School when Dave and Chainsaw are in the back of the car and the girl with dyslexia drives them somewhere.

But I have a million of them. Anyway, when I fix something and It actually works I'll say, 'It's working !!!.' I forgot where that come from until I saw your gif. Hahaha! Thanks MTIOTF!

I get the hesitancy of putting a vaccine in your body that doesn't have tons of research and historical data
The vaccine does have tons of research data probably more so than any other vaccine ever released. No, it doesn't have long-term but preliminary research is probably 100 fold compared to others.

Reactions: billyhillui
Is he feeling better?
Yep. Thanks for asking. Queasy for 48 hours. Then back to social life.

Fact is we are among the lucky. About 2% of unvaccinated folks who get exposed to Covid are gonna have a bad road, and we weren't among that number. Took the vaccines anyway - better safe than sorry.

Wife's reaction to Moderna was rough. Son's reaction to J&J was less. Daughter's reaction was nothing.

Mine has been a longer-than-usual flare up of RA joint issues because the vaccine triggered my immune system, which attacks the joints instead of doing its regular job. So be it. I'll live and it'll go back to its normal suppressed state sometime soon.

Yep. Thanks for asking. Queasy for 48 hours. Then back to social life.

Fact is we are among the lucky. About 2% of unvaccinated folks who get exposed to Covid are gonna have a bad road, and we weren't among that number. Took the vaccines anyway - better safe than sorry.

Wife's reaction to Moderna was rough. Son's reaction to J&J was less. Daughter's reaction was nothing.

Mine has been a longer-than-usual flare up of RA joint issues because the vaccine triggered my immune system, which attacks the joints instead of doing its regular job. So be it. I'll live and it'll go back to its normal suppressed state sometime soon.
Good news. Stay well.

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
Had the virus in December, bad enough to stay in the hospital for a week and a half. Got the J&J shot as soon as possible in March. Had a slight reaction the next day (felt like crap into the afternoon).
Why did you choose JJ?

Edit: did you get the antibody infusion treatment?

I had Covid in December and spent 3 days in the hospital. I got the Pfizer vaccine 90 days after my treatment as recommended. Now I wish I had waited a little longer and relied on my natural immunity before getting the vaccine.

I felt very weak and achy about 24 hours after the first round. It lasted 20 hours. I know that because it ended as suddenly as it started. It was very strange. On the second round I took one Motrin and 2 Tylenol ecery 6 hours for 36 hours. No issues. My son had a reaction with both rounds. Did my regimen help? I have no idea, but I will do it again if I get the booster shot.

Will he die?
Cough?
Laugh?

No third-world voters.
I had the two Pfizer shots (don't know of anyone in IN. getting the J & J yet?). The Pfizer shots worked great for me, & if they recommend more booster shots, I'll be the first in line. I doubt the Clorox & dewormer will ever be approved by the CDC, WHO or FDA. If so, I'm going to Canada. Btw, has Trump been Cloroxed & dewormed yet?

VanPastorMan

giphy.gif
Could have been the bacon. After my Pfizer shots, I began to feel better the next day. I found what (& how much) you put in your body (food/drink/pills), proper exercise & adequate sleep (healthy immune system) has much more to do with good health & survival, than most people ever realize.

Losing weight, eating right/healthy & getting enough exercise & sleep helped more than anything I ever did previously. Btw, I never eat pork, foods that have too much artificial sugar, salt, & (bad) LDL cholesterol. Yep, it's a lot of trouble, but so is staying healthy & alive, as you get older. Medicine in my family goes back hundreds of years. Priddy Meeks (1795-1886) was an ancestor of mine. Medicine & natural remedies run in my family.

I usually go to the doctor once a year (for insurance purposes). I usually didn't get my annual flue shots, until I was about 45 yrs. old. I started getting them yearly, at about age 50/51. 'You are (usually) your own best doctor'

I was born with immune system problems, & will always have them. I was also born with heart problems, & will always have those problems, yet I live. It ALL starts with what you eat/put in your mouth, then you have the adequate energy & health to do the proper exercise. When you do these two correctly, you usually get a good night's sleep. This helps your immune system immensely. You wake up the next morning, & start the entire process all over again. It also helps if you go to bed at about the same time each night, & get up at the same time the next morning. ----- 'Politics should have zero to do with good health'----- Your body is like a computer. Good info in, good info out/good food in, & good energy & health out.

Not rocket science, just common sense.

A little common sense goes a long way

Doc Meeks

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Lucy01
What's he looking for?
Best I can tell, he wants to get paid to have fun and not be bored. The anti-job job.

His preferred job used to be mapping so he could sit on a mountaintop with a laptop.

Then scuba instructor/underwater welder.

Mom has switched strategies - forced yard work labor designed to produce rapid career investigation.

What you got? I’ll tout anything legal.

Best I can tell, he wants to get paid to have fun and not be bored. The anti-job job.

His preferred job used to be mapping so he could sit on a mountaintop with a laptop.

Mom has switched strategies - forced yard work labor designed to produce rapid career investigation.

We're always looking for developers and marketing people. The anti-job job isn't available at our place though. I don't really want the competition.

How is he doing now?
Call D. Dakich on his radio show today. Pretend to be Bob Knight, if you get through to him, ask him if he needs an extra job. If he says, what do you have, tell him your Rottweilers need a playmate while you're fishing, or hunting with Dick Cheney.

NPR had a story this morning saying those who got COVID and then got the vaccine had really high level immune response, even to SARS-classic.
The vast majority of Americans already had Covid, long before they got vaccinated. Some of the Covid testing can be/was inaccurate (at least (it was) in the early testing period), so it's best to get your shot(s) asap. They should have (from the beginning) given more Covid antibody tests, but they are more expensive.

The vast majority of Americans already had Covid, long before they got vaccinated. Some of the Covid testing can be/was inaccurate (at least (it was) in the early testing period), so it's best to get your shot(s) asap. They should have (from the beginning) given more Covid antibody tests, but they are more expensive.
That's an interesting theory, but I haven't seen evidence that backs that up. But, I haven't been looking for it either.

But I don't recall a large spate of unexplained deaths before 2020. Again, I wasn't looking for it. But viruses tend to evolve into less deadly versions, so I doubt we had some less lethal version of it floating around in 2019.

That's an interesting theory, but I haven't seen evidence that backs that up. But, I haven't been looking for it either.

But I don't recall a large spate of unexplained deaths before 2020. Again, I wasn't looking for it. But viruses tend to evolve into less deadly versions, so I doubt we had some less lethal version of it floating around in 2019.
I'm not saying there were a large number of/any Covid deaths (or even cases here) before 2020 (though in China, there might have been in late 2019, & it was covered up) in America or anywhere I know of. It probably came here in early 2020, but by March & April, many people were very sick from it, & many died (as I almost did twice in four days).

Early Covid testing (in some tests, & there were several different Covid tests, some early ones, as much as 50% accurate/inaccurate rates, early on). Wasn't there a short period/lag (between 2 & 3 weeks?), where, if you had Covid, some of these (more/most inaccurate) Covid tests didn't always show you were 'Covid positive',? Yes, & I fell into this category with my negative Covid test result, though I had nearly died of it a few weeks earlier.

If they would have given me the Covid antibody test, instead of the Covid test, my dealing with Covid would have been different.

Experts are now saying the Covid-19 virus started in late 2019, in China (probably that Wuhan lab).

I know from personal experience, you can die from Covid-19 in a very short period of time. Sometimes, even before you know what hit/killed you.

Last edited:

I’ll go him 1 better. I think it possible this stuff has been around for years, just not a rapid-spread version prevalent enough to show up on the radar until it made itself a better spreader.

My wife teaches and gets a ”cold” every September/October, and gives it to me. Because of my suppressed immune system, it usually takes me about 6 weeks to get rid of a cold, and requires steroids and antibiotics to guard against getting pneumonia and nasal infections that get worse.

In 2016 and 2017, my bride had it way worse than me. Her “cold” lasted months, required multiple rounds of steroids, antibiotics, breathing treatments, narcotics to stop the coughing enough to get sleep. My regular routine worked for me. Our doc said ”it’s probably some type of coronavirus - the same thing that causes colds, but just changes into other versions.”

Is the 2019 “novel” coronavirus just a natural variant, or leaked from a bio-lab doing “gain of function” (or other weapon) research? We may never know.

But I can believe that up to 80% of people who got exposed and had the virus in measureable loads never got tested at a time they’d test positive because they never had symptoms.

At the end of this, the numbers will say that around 1% died from it and around 1% suffered long term effects, including some permanent. It’ll be 50 years before they will be able to say why.

I’ll go him 1 better. I think it possible this stuff has been around for years, just not a rapid-spread version prevalent enough to show up on the radar until it made itself a better spreader.

My wife teaches and gets a ”cold” every September/October, and gives it to me. Because of my suppressed immune system, it usually takes me about 6 weeks to get rid of a cold, and requires steroids and antibiotics to guard against getting pneumonia and nasal infections that get worse.

In 2016 and 2017, my bride had it way worse than me. Her “cold” lasted months, required multiple rounds of steroids, antibiotics, breathing treatments, narcotics to stop the coughing enough to get sleep. My regular routine worked for me. Our doc said ”it’s probably some type of coronavirus - the same thing that causes colds, but just changes into other versions.”

Is the 2019 “novel” coronavirus just a natural variant, or leaked from a bio-lab doing “gain of function” (or other weapon) research? We may never know.

But I can believe that up to 80% of people who got exposed and had the virus in measureable loads never got tested at a time they’d test positive because they never had symptoms.

At the end of this, the numbers will say that around 1% died from it and around 1% suffered long term effects, including some permanent. It’ll be 50 years before they will be able to say why.

On the Covid symptoms part. Yes, many who are young, healthy & in 'good shape', may have Covid, & never show any symptoms. If you are older, & relatively unhealthy, like myself, it (symptoms & all, & I had several of the symptoms) can easily kill you before you even know what hit you. By no means does any of any of this mean Covid-19 isn't very deadly & dangerous.

Bottom line, just because the Covid symptoms aren't showing up in all who have Covid, & Covid doesn't kill everyone who has/had it, DOESN'T MEAN IT ISN'T VERY DEADLY, & TO BE TAKEN DEADY SERIOUSDLY!

Btw, many/thousands upon thousands of the now 'Covid dead" didn't take Covid seriously. Too bad they can't speak for themselves!

Three things I'm sure of:

1. China (as usual) is lying like a rug about Covid-19, it's origins, first release date, death rate, hospitalizations & other important data & facts concerning Covid-19.

2. Covid-19 originated from the Wuhan lab, not that Wuhan wet market some keep trying to push off as the origin.

3. China will never admit/tell anyone the truth about Covid-19 (just like Trump).

Anyone who intentionally takes Covid-19 likely, does it at the peril of themselves, & all who potentially come into contact with them &/or their germs. THAT is a lot more people/deaths than some are willing to ever admit. ---------------- YOU are the'1%ers'! -------------------

If you are wise, & healthy enough, you would be more than wise to get vaccinated, asap! Otherwise, you have nobody to blame, but you & others who refused life & common sense.

If a dog roaming the public places had mange or rabies, would you let it run around free & clear? _-_- Covid is deadlier than mange & rabies!!!

Your 'rights', go as far as my/our ability to avoid you. When I can no longer avoid you, you go/get vaccinated. So say the majority.

If tRUMP had not (on 1/3/20) tried to cover up the Covid-19 pandemic warning he got, none of this crap/disaster would be nearly as bad as it now is. 45 should be euthanized. Then you can Clorox & deworm him.

Trump should have been prosecuted, convicted & imprisoned for his deadly Covid coverup & Covid policies.

Read it & weep. Weep for the thousands of innocent, American Covid dead, who can no longer weep for themselves.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/mar/20/how-donald-trump-responded-coronavirsus-pandemic/

Whoops, it's behind a paywall. :( 45 <<< 1-44 ------- Covid doesn't care if you are (R), (D), or otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Lucy01

Obviously bad parenting.

giving survival, hospitalization, deaths, after effects, statistics for the general population is meaningless, and why the media and everyone else get an F minus on their reporting on the pandemic.

it's like giving breast cancer stats for everyone instead of just women, or Alzheimer stats for everyone instead of the elderly, or sickle cell stats for everyone without breaking it down by race.

a few wks ago the Btown paper stated 187 had died to date in Monroe County, but zero under the age of 50.

point being, all stats related to covid need be broken down by age to be of any usefulness in the slightest, and yet they aren't absent really going hunting.

and now by vax status as well.

while covid is less dangerous for the non olders than stats would suggest, it's way way more dangerous for the olders, which makes giving overall stats a complete injustice to olders who may get a false sense of security from them.

that said, it's still impossible to get hospitalization and deaths stats for Indiana that are broken down by age and whether vaxed or not, and if not broken down by vaxed or not, even giving stats for 10 yr age groups is totally meaningless.

how much of this is total incompetence or total malevolence by the state and media i know not, but it's one or the other or some combination of both.

it's literally beyond belief how bad the reporting, by govt and media, has been.

how does anyone trust the untrustworthy.

when giving me stats on infections and hospitalizations and deaths, if the stats aren't broken down by age and vax status, are literally totally meaningless, which is already known by the govt and media doing it anyway.

WTF?????

Obviously bad parenting.
I thought everyone wanted the job where you do nothing & get paid big. That's a very long line to wait in. Maybe if he took the kid to the doctor first, got him healthy, then tried to employ a healthy son/potential worker, it would work out better.

Then again, he may be making this stuff/thread up, just to get clicks/$$$/attention? Too much floor time, & not enough good parenting? The way nobody wants to work now, we may just need those 'third-world voters'/workers?

I thought everyone wanted the job where you do nothing & get paid big. That's a very long line to wait in. Maybe if he took the kid to the doctor first, got him healthy, then tried to employ a healthy son/potential worker, it would work out better.

Then again, he may be making this stuff/thread up, just to get clicks/$$$/attention? Too much floor time, & not enough good parenting? The way nobody wants to work now, we may just need those 'third-world voters'/workers?
Get back on your meds and onto a forum where somebody GAF.

Get back on your meds and onto a forum where somebody GAF.

How many different board names are you now up to JohnnieDoeBoliler? I stopped counting at 12. I'll bet you don't you use your IUhaterade handle on this board. Why not? :) ----- JI, SS, MG, TW, ZE ----- :) :) :)

How's the new white jacket fitting you these days, the one with extra long sleeves that tie in the back?

Get well soon

Doc Meeks

I didn't know we got to choose which vaccine we received? I was given the Pfizer vaccine shots. Where did you go to get your J & J shot? Who administered the shot, gov., or other?

Back in March, when they were giving it at the IMS.
Did you ask for the J & J vaccine? Did you have to fill out a form first?

Are you glad you got the J & J vaccine, or would you have preferred the Pfizer or Moderna one? Weren't there some J & J test results that showed an adverse reaction/bad side effects from a very small % of the patients who received the J & J vaccine (more so than than with Pfizer or Moderna)?

I think the J & J was only one shot. Are you going to get a booster shot if the gov. recommends it? I believe if you had the J & J, Pfizer or Moderna shot originally, you are required to go with the same co., when you get a booster shot/revaccinated.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT