ADVERTISEMENT

Post Bahamas team attitude

Cavanagh.13

Senior
Nov 6, 2019
The team spirits are really high. They are confident and excited for this year. The coaching staff did not expect victories in the Bahamas. One note is that Tamar was not playing well at all leading up to the Bahamas, and obviously balled out. I talked about it with a few guys, and how I bet he is a big stage kinda guy. Lights turn on and so does he. They agreed, and said his first open gym was crazy. He came in and was like “this is what I do”. “Get use to this shit” going at everyone. One guy said lucky he was on my team or I would have sat his ass down.

also got some insight into why Logan wasn’t playing (dislocated shoulder cuz of going nuts at practice). This dude is better than expected and gonna be a bruiser. He puts his body on the line, and also has a mouth the size of Texas. Talks shit, dives for balls, and sets “nasty” screens. Leal was talked about in the same tone! He gets nasty and has been banging people! No redshirts expected this year.

We got a squad with some dudes!!!! And the coaching staff leveled up about 5 times compared to last year. The amount of good stuff being said from players about this staff is pretty cool. “Coach money” Armond Hill, was an impactful hire that might be going unnoticed now, but will shine at a later date. Guy is putting in work and players love him.

The team spirits are really high. They are confident and excited for this year. The coaching staff did not expect victories in the Bahamas. One note is that Tamar was not playing well at all leading up to the Bahamas, and obviously balled out. I talked about it with a few guys, and how I bet he is a big stage kinda guy. Lights turn on and so does he. They agreed, and said his first open gym was crazy. He came in and was like “this is what I do”. “Get use to this shit” going at everyone. One guy said lucky he was on my team or I would have sat his ass down.

also got some insight into why Logan wasn’t playing (dislocated shoulder cuz of going nuts at practice). This dude is better than expected and gonna be a bruiser. He puts his body on the line, and also has a mouth the size of Texas. Talks shit, dives for balls, and sets “nasty” screens. Leal was talked about in the same tone! He gets nasty and has been banging people! No redshirts expected this year.

We got a squad with some dudes!!!! And the coaching staff leveled up about 5 times compared to last year. The amount of good stuff being said from players about this staff is pretty cool. “Coach money” Armond Hill, was an impactful hire that might be going unnoticed now, but will shine at a later date. Guy is putting in work and players love him.
Any word on Lander’s progress?

• Haha
Reactions: brebelle3
Any word on Lander’s progress?

he is in a good state of mind, I was worried about that. I haven’t talked to him personally, but from all accounts in a good place mentally. Gonna be really hard for him to pass Rob or x at this point because of defense. Their defense is elite, and with the added scoring power on O it doesn’t make either of them a liability for scoring. I don’t think we will see much of any combo of Rob x and lander on the floor together. If one can get a consistent shot we could see some 2 PG line ups. Parker Bates and Kopp are just really good shooters, and we desperately needed that.

I got to really go into coaching. Just insane how much better these coaches are. We didn’t give near as much blame to the coaching staff as we should have. It was assumed Kenya was the best coach on staff, but the margin, is shocking.

not a big shocker but Archie hated the media and doing anything outside of basketball. He was built for a school like Dayton. Saying the job was to big for him isn’t strong enough of a statement.

On the offense, I can’t wait to watch it. Straight NBA motion. They literally don’t have any plays yet!!! No ****ing stupid sets where Rob has to pause at the top of the key and call out a play. Archie put players in position to fail. Woodson is so much better. He wants them to get out in transition and when opportunities arise take them. Preaching confidence and reading the situation, trust your instincts. I’m telling ya, buckle the **** up. This shit is gonna be good.

It's about time we developed a "hard hat attitude"... If you get banged up during practice don't just cave in, fight back and toughen up!!! The tougher we play as a team the better we'll be by tourney time in March,,, Being tough minded will help this team to focus on their collective performance in every game...

Good to hear about Lander. Since he only played a total of 7 minutes in two Bahama games, we landed combo guard Hood-Shifino, and he previously entered the portal, I would not have been surprised if he was getting “antsy”. Maybe he will be the rare patient 5 star that is realistic about where his game is at this point.

Well boys it’s official, your worst nightmare has came true. I just got a call and got offered press credentials from IU. Bahamas footage was worth its weight in gold.
Works for me - you provided better coverage of the Bahamas games than absolutely everyone else combined. But now you have something to lose...

One can be the man or work for him - hard to do both, so whatever you do, just do it with class. 🍎

PS - Not giving you squat for trolling waffleschnitz - does that regularly all by hisself.

On the offense, I can’t wait to watch it. Straight NBA motion. They literally don’t have any plays yet!!! No ****ing stupid sets where Rob has to pause at the top of the key and call out a play. Archie put players in position to fail. Woodson is so much better. He wants them to get out in transition and when opportunities arise take them. Preaching confidence and reading the situation, trust your instincts. I’m telling ya, buckle the **** up. This shit is gonna be good.
Sounds like Knights motion offense rubbed off on Woodson.

I’ll 100% work the word waffleshitz into an episode of Cavanagh’s Corner. If I work it into a press conference question everyone on here owes me a hundred bucks.
Everyone on this earth was created with a purpose. YOu seem to be finding yours and we appreciate the way you have bought in on that purpose, I am envious of your enthusiasm. Bring it !

Everyone on this earth was created with a purpose. YOu seem to be finding yours and we appreciate the way you have bought in on that purpose, I am envious of your enthusiasm. Bring it !
If that’s the case, who created IU Hickory 😳

I’m glad the man who wants every sport but FB and men’s BB cancelled has such a following. Maybe IU needs to know your opinion on the other worthless sports they’re wasting money on

Don’t twist my words waffleshitz. Actually, do whatever you want, you have no following and everyone knows you’re a dipshit.
I don’t need a following. I’m comfortable in my own skin. Don’t have to brag about bagging prostitutes in the Bahamas or whatever that was about…. Don’t have to constantly try to prove how important I am…. And the list goes on and on. I could actually ignore you with ease but I continue to be amazed at how many guys on these boards seem to fall for your dog and pony show.

• Angry
Reactions: billyhillui
I don’t need a following. I’m comfortable in my own skin. Don’t have to brag about bagging prostitutes in the Bahamas or whatever that was about…. Don’t have to constantly try to prove how important I am…. And the list goes on and on. I could actually ignore you with ease but I continue to be amazed at how many guys on these boards seem to fall for your dog and pony show.
Loser

I see you have had your jelly donut this morning.

I got to really go into coaching. Just insane how much better these coaches are. We didn’t give near as much blame to the coaching staff as we should have. It was assumed Kenya was the best coach on staff, but the margin, is shocking.

not a big shocker but Archie hated the media and doing anything outside of basketball. He was built for a school like Dayton. Saying the job was to big for him isn’t strong enough of a statement.
But that's the thing. Didn't Archie spend nearly a decade as an assistant at O$U and AZ? He should've known how a big boy program is to be ran.

I could have sworn this was the basketball board. I see I have stumbled onto a cheerleader forum. This is good stuff. I’ll bookmark this thread when I need a pick-me-up in the middle of February.

Reactions: Warison
I'll bet you 10 grand right now we finish the season as a top 25 team. How is that for cheerleading?
About as bright-eyed and rosy-cheeked as they come, everything but a pic of you in your 'outfit' (spare us).

Bold bet - don't reckon you'll get any takers. Most experienced IU Team in memory playing for a veteran NBA Coach (and an alumnus/damn fine Player in his own right) - the pieces are all there and if the outings against BC Mega were any indication, the chemistry/execution will be as well. Not a Team to 'sleep on, or as Shooter said, "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry". 🍎

• Love
Reactions: Cavanagh.13
About as bright-eyed and rosy-cheeked as they come, everything but a pic of you in your 'outfit' (spare us).

Bold bet - don't reckon you'll get any takers. Most experienced IU Team in memory playing for a veteran NBA Coach (and an alumnus/damn fine Player in his own right) - the pieces are all there and if the outings against BC Mega were any indication, the chemistry/execution will be as well. Not a Team to 'sleep on, or as Shooter said, "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry". 🍎

I am more bullish on this team than any since the Cuse debacle. That game will be telling. If we beat them this year, you might see some "fit" pics. Get with the lingo.

In the Bahamas,it is said that he wore plaid shorts with knee high white tube socks and an autographed Hawaiin print shirt from Tom Crean as well as sandals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT