ADVERTISEMENT

possibilities this season

vesuvius13

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 11, 2017
Lets imagine what this 2020 team could be like as we consider the players returning from injury and the transfers coming in. First lets look at the 5* and 4* additions to the offense and defense. Matthews becomes one of the top players in the country as he was as a HS player coming to college. The same applies to Carr at RB add these two to the WR and our TEs with Penix coming back 100%. After starting at Michigan can Carpenter coming and claim a spot on our OL improving it. If Bedford and Benson come back fully healthy on the OL we could have some depth with improved play this year.

Our defense should be improved with Ball and Layne coming back from injury. Add in Anderson, Handy, and Kramer on the front line and the potential to being very improved there is likely. I hope dealing with our new DC lights up Ball and Layne to play like both can play. Anderson plays like a seasoned SEC DE and Handy plays like the 4* player he is.

I know it isn't likely all these things happen but it is possible and fun to think about heading into this season.

Just one fan’s opinion, but I feel like Anderson is kinda getting lost in the shuffle lately- I think that was a great pickup & am expecting a really strong season from him. I know they didn’t make the top 100 portal list, but I’ll take him and Carpenter all day long. Like the other guys as well - curious who else we might add.....

Just one fan’s opinion, but I feel like Anderson is kinda getting lost in the shuffle lately- I think that was a great pickup & am expecting a really strong season from him. I know they didn’t make the top 100 portal list, but I’ll take him and Carpenter all day long. Like the other guys as well - curious who else we might add.....
I was thinking the same thing about Carpenter and Anderson.

They have played at highest level and against us.

What does that say about our team that opponents want to be a part of LEO.

I was thinking the same thing about Carpenter and Anderson.

They have played at highest level and against us.

What does that say about our team that opponents want to be a part of LEO.
Not only LEO but also the excitement on the sidelines they see. Leo is a big seller and living it is something many players want to feel when on a team. Now we are seeing it impact recruiting and I hope this 2022 class crushes the rankings.

Lets imagine what this 2020 team could be like as we consider the players returning from injury and the transfers coming in. First lets look at the 5* and 4* additions to the offense and defense. Matthews becomes one of the top players in the country as he was as a HS player coming to college. The same applies to Carr at RB add these two to the WR and our TEs with Penix coming back 100%. After starting at Michigan can Carpenter coming and claim a spot on our OL improving it. If Bedford and Benson come back fully healthy on the OL we could have some depth with improved play this year.

Our defense should be improved with Ball and Layne coming back from injury. Add in Anderson, Handy, and Kramer on the front line and the potential to being very improved there is likely. I hope dealing with our new DC lights up Ball and Layne to play like both can play. Anderson plays like a seasoned SEC DE and Handy plays like the 4* player he is.

I know it isn't likely all these things happen but it is possible and fun to think about heading into this season.
This team has a legitimate shot at beating Ohio State and capturing the Big Ten championship. It's the first time in my life I've been able to say that with a straight face.

A certain player has to stay healthy in order for that to happen, though, and that's no knock on his backup who is solid at the position but not with the same jaw-dropping level of talent.

This team has a legitimate shot at beating Ohio State and capturing the Big Ten championship. It's the first time in my life I've been able to say that with a straight face.

A certain player has to stay healthy in order for that to happen, though, and that's no knock on his backup who is solid at the position but not with the same jaw-dropping level of talent.
You weren't alive in the mid-to-late eighties.

You're talking about '87. Yeah, I was alive then, but remember we were coming off a 6-6 season, we were unranked to start the season and (correct me if I'm wrong), even with AT, I don't believe expectations were as high then as they are now.

We did beat the Buckeyes, which is always a big deal, but those were lean years for Ohio State. They went just 6-4-1 in '87. We beat 'em in '88, too, when OSU went 4-6-1.

Even after finishing '87 tied for second in the conference, we were unranked heading into the '88 season when we finished with an 8-3-1 record but dropped to 5th in the conference.

Reactions: vesuvius13
You're talking about '87. Yeah, I was alive then, but remember we were coming off a 6-6 season, we were unranked to start the season and (correct me if I'm wrong), even with AT, I don't believe expectations were as high then as they are now.

We did beat the Buckeyes, which is always a big deal, but those were lean years for Ohio State. They went just 6-4-1 in '87. We beat 'em in '88, too, when OSU went 4-6-1.

Even after finishing '87 tied for second in the conference, we were unranked heading into the '88 season when we finished with an 8-3-1 record but dropped to 5th in the conference.
It was good seeing IU beat OSU two years in a row but you are right about it being down years for OSU as much as IU being improved by Mallory. Now IU goes against a monster of a team at OSU but we are improved enough to beat them this year.

Reactions: Bowlmania and jb17
ADVERTISEMENT