ADVERTISEMENT

Portland Police Rapid Response Resigns

And what I am afraid will happen is that being in a crunch they'll hire unqualified people and will make it worse. I don't blame police for quitting at all but I don't think the solution is to hired unqualified people. But police departments share some of the blame in this because they always backed cops who obviously did wrong rather than firing them.

Reactions: DANC
Another sensationalized headline post without any context. You and stoll are really good at this. If you could actually read and comprehend the article you posted:

"This isn't a billion dollars. And I'm not going to pretend that it is," Johnson said. "To everyone who is disappointed that we did not go farther I want to let you know -- I am disappointed as well ... But this budget process involves the mayor who was not budging."

You obviously have no idea how budgeting and reallocations work, and if you take that CNN headline at face value then you’re dumber than we previously thought which is saying something.

People like you are a dream come true for politicians like Trump and the current GOP.
LMAO! You quote the guy who wanted to cut even more? You are a useful idiot.

The fact is, a Billion dollars was removed from the police budget. Numbers don'l lie, but Leftists do. I'm sorry reality doesn't match what come out of your big mouth.

You're up early on a Saturday. Or is your shift just ending?

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
LMAO! You quote the guy who wanted to cut even more? You are a useful idiot.

The fact is, a Billion dollars was removed from the police budget. Numbers don'l lie, but Leftists do. I'm sorry reality doesn't match what come out of your big mouth.
All optics for people like you. Plus it’s budget vs actuals, so saying “numbers don’t lie” makes you the useful idiot. Congrats

Reactions: DrHoops
All optics for people like you. Plus it’s budget vs actuals, so saying “numbers don’t lie” makes you the useful idiot. Congrats
"GOP using defund the police, Portland, etc to create a false narrative to stir the pot. Meanwhile anyone with a gd brain, regardless of party affiliation, knows defund the police is ridiculous. Get it?

Just like stoll posting a misleading thread title, meanwhile no cop is “resigning.”

You were proved wrong and bitch-slapped twice. And then you come back with 'it's all optics". Such a convincing argument, devoid of any facts.

And you can't even come up with an original insult. Are you and IU_Hickory the same person?

"GOP using defund the police, Portland, etc to create a false narrative to stir the pot. Meanwhile anyone with a gd brain, regardless of party affiliation, knows defund the police is ridiculous. Get it?

Just like stoll posting a misleading thread title, meanwhile no cop is “resigning.”

You were proved wrong and bitch-slapped twice. And then you come back with 'it's all optics". Such a convincing argument, devoid of any facts.

And you can't even come up with an original insult. Are you and IU_Hickory the same person?
There are not too many facts during the budget phase of a finance cycle, especially for people on the outside. (you and me).

You’re simply ignorant on the topic, so this exchange is pointless for me. Those headlines are written for the reaction you’re giving it, so congrats you fool.

The idea of a specially trained unit to deal crowds such as protest groups does make sense. A unit of 50 in a city the size of Portland doesn't seem like near enough, however. Probably extra pay involved so maybe there is a cost factor involved.

They had to be overworked during the prolonged siege on Portland. Then to have one of their own indicted had to be a bitter pill to swallow. There were special circumstances in Portland, and let us hope resignations don.t sweep across the country.
Have they rebuilt Portland yet? I heard it was completely burned to the ground.

There are not too many facts during the budget phase of a finance cycle, especially for people on the outside. (you and me).

You’re simply ignorant on the topic, so this exchange is pointless for me. Those headlines are written for the reaction you’re giving it, so congrats you fool.
The article had plenty of facts and the fact is, the police budget was cut by $1 Billion. You are living in denial because you made statements that are provably false.

Sure, it's pointless for you - you've been proved wrong and now you're too embarrassed to continue it.

Hilljack.

Portland is a nice place... looking forward to visiting in late August. Booked a few nights in a cabin near Mt. Hood.

Portland is a nice place... looking forward to visiting in late August. Booked a few nights in a cabin near Mt. Hood.
hopefully the autonomous zone opens back up and you can visit. you could be your own woke defund the police experiment. if we get some outrage going again and reopen that autonomous zone i'll buy you a gopro and you can livestream it for us

Last edited:
Reactions: NPT and 76-1
Be sure to stay downtown, near the federal building and police station.

I hear they're tearing it down, so you may want to get there soon.

Bring a black backpack.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
As an Indianapolis (Marion County) resident I see crime as a local problem. A problem which must further be dealt with neighborhood by neighborhood. Then block by block. Also thinking it will take Democrat or Republican leadership to solve the crime is about like saying one or the other can improve the weather.

I came to my neighborhood some 35 years ago to flip the residence and end up retiring in a downtown condominium or going to another state.

When moving here, the house had as they say "good bones" but the neighborhood was iffy. Since then the neighborhood has become an attractive neighborhood in a good location relative to the downtown which has slowly improved overtime.

Since coming to the 'hood i have been on a first name basis with pedophiles, arsonists, killers, prostitutes, drug dealers, and car thieves. My philosophy is to focus on being on the good side of the bad guys because you don't have to worry about the good guys.

Remember having the brothel housemother from across the street coming to the house to borrow money. I told her I didn't have any money and she relied, "I thought you more stable than this". As a home owner she looked down on those who rented and could often be heard letting them be aware of her lofty status.

Anyhow, I consider my moving to the 'hood as being a wise decision. However, in spite of home prices going up and crime being a thing of the past, My friends who don't reside in the 'hood and relatives still think I am crazy. Their consensus is that I fell on hard times and never recovered. Got a note from the family reunion chairperson that an anonymous relative had donated money to cover my fairly expensive dinner costs at the reunion. Being known as the poor uncle, apparently has its benefits.

As an Indianapolis (Marion County) resident I see crime as a local problem. A problem which must further be dealt with neighborhood by neighborhood. Then block by block. Also thinking it will take Democrat or Republican leadership to solve the crime is about like saying one or the other can improve the weather.

I came to my neighborhood some 35 years ago to flip the residence and end up retiring in a downtown condominium or going to another state.

When moving here, the house had as they say "good bones" but the neighborhood was iffy. Since then the neighborhood has become an attractive neighborhood in a good location relative to the downtown which has slowly improved overtime.

Since coming to the 'hood i have been on a first name basis with pedophiles, arsonists, killers, prostitutes, drug dealers, and car thieves. My philosophy is to focus on being on the good side of the bad guys because you don't have to worry about the good guys.

Remember having the brothel housemother from across the street coming to the house to borrow money. I told her I didn't have any money and she relied, "I thought you more stable than this". As a home owner she looked down on those who rented and could often be heard letting them be aware of her lofty status.

Anyhow, I consider my moving to the 'hood as being a wise decision. However, in spite of home prices going up and crime being a thing of the past, My friends who don't reside in the 'hood and relatives still think I am crazy. Their consensus is that I fell on hard times and never recovered. Got a note from the family reunion chairperson that an anonymous relative had donated money to cover my fairly expensive dinner costs at the reunion. Being known as the poor uncle, apparently has its benefits.
Love your posts hoot. Crime prevention is very much a republican/democrat issue. From police allocations to da charging directives to probation and parole to sentencing. The black democrat prosecutor charges mccloskey with felonies. Totally political. To cite one of a billion examples. She was removed and he walked with a misd and a $750 fine. Now that a progressive mayor won (defund) there’s a movement for the state to take control of both Stl city police and kc police.

Crime is all politics. Imo there has never been a dumber more naive proposal than defund the police. Reallocating monies to other shit is the last thing depts will need. This will backfire big time as good cops will leave and qualifications will drop and we’ll get even dumber cops than what we had

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
And what I am afraid will happen is that being in a crunch they'll hire unqualified people and will make it worse. I don't blame police for quitting at all but I don't think the solution is to hired unqualified people. But police departments share some of the blame in this because they always backed cops who obviously did wrong rather than firing them.
A related potential problem is that some places seem to be hiring fully qualified people but out of necessity have to put them on the line before they have finished training because of personnel shortages.

Reactions: NPT

No need for anybody to give you "an original insult." You post the same half-thought stuff over and over. Why must your critics be original? You're not.

No need for anybody to give you "an original insult." You post the same half-thought stuff over and over. Why must your critics be original? You're not.
Another content-free post from a Leftist sycophant

Love your posts hoot. Crime prevention is very much a republican/democrat issue. From police allocations to da charging directives to probation and parole to sentencing. The black democrat prosecutor charges mccloskey with felonies. Totally political. To cite one of a billion examples. She was removed and he walked with a misd and a $750 fine. Now that a progressive mayor won (defund) there’s a movement for the state to take control of both Stl city police and kc police.

Crime is all politics. Imo there has never been a dumber more naive proposal than defund the police. Reallocating monies to other shit is the last thing depts will need. This will backfire big time as good cops will leave and qualifications will drop and we’ll get even dumber cops than what we had
In those 35 years we have had three Republican mayors and two Democrats. My two personal favorites based on personalities were both Republicans. i base my choice on personalty as all the mayors had similar philosophies and made the same promises as in making the city a better place to live in terms of safety. education, jobs, city services, etc,, etc.

As to their promises I do think the city has improved for the most part over these many years. The one glaring and nagging problem has been the murder rate which just seems to rise no matter what the pols, private social institutions, businesses, churches, and law enforcement professionals attempt to do.

My neighborhood is way safer so i suppose I should be happy.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I'm going to be real here - most police officers I know would have a hard time working an 8 to 5 job. Most are adrenalin junkies and like all the trappings of police work - the uniform, the car, the power. Just a fact.

I've known a few who were in it for the service aspect and who sincerely want to make the world a safer place.

Overall, the police I know enjoy their jobs. But they're unsure what's going to happen with personal liability.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT