ADVERTISEMENT

Portland at IU Gamethread

According to this, IU played Portland in 2001:

They were one of those old school solid programs. At this point it's impossible to predict what a school/team will be like. there's really no such thing as mid majors or high majors in college soccer anymore. east central arkansas of the valley could randomly have half the senegal national team at this point. it's bizarre. other than knowing the acc will always be good. they seem to have found a mix of american/internationals

They were one of those old school solid programs. At this point it's impossible to predict what a school/team will be like. there's really no such thing as mid majors or high majors in college soccer anymore. east central arkansas of the valley could randomly have half the senegal national team at this point. it's bizarre. other than knowing the acc will always be good. they seem to have found a mix of american/internationals
That's what makes college soccer so interesting. Marshall, UCSB, and Akron can win national titles just as easily as Indiana, Virginia, and UCLA. Speaking of Portland, I thought I remembered seeing them play at IU somewhere in the early 2000's. I looked it up and sure enough the Pilots came into Bloomington in September 2000 and routed IU 3-0 behind Connor Casey and coach Clive Charles. Should be a good one this evening.

Pshaw . . .ain't no valley in East Central Arkansas.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Portland has 2 shots on goal,for the first half and both found the net. Looking like GK by committee for IU this year.

Mihalic, Ben Yeagley, and Wittenbrink with the IU scores.

Very simple. Switching from Harms to Pratt in goal cost IU the game. Harms has looked like the better goalie since the spring and if he starts tonight Hoosiers win 3-1. Pratt was completely out of position on two of the goals. Harms always knows where the ball is going.

I rarely criticize Yeagley but if you want a successful season Harms is the man. No idea why the switch was made tonight assuming Harms was healthy but it was beyond stupid.

Reactions: Sope Creek
Very simple. Switching from Harms to Pratt in goal cost IU the game. Harms has looked like the better goalie since the spring and if he starts tonight Hoosiers win 3-1. Pratt was completely out of position on two of the goals. Harms always knows where the ball is going.

I rarely criticize Yeagley but if you want a successful season Harms is the man. No idea why the switch was made tonight assuming Harms was healthy but it was beyond stupid.
I don't think I've ever seen a college goalie have 0 saves in 90 minutes like Pratt did last night. Agree-you've got to go back to Harms-at least for ND.

Reactions: Sope Creek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT