ADVERTISEMENT

Polls for 4/26/21...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
We continue to be in the Perfect Game Poll at 20th, moving up from 23rd place, and of the five polls I looked at, that was the only one we were in. We did receive votes in the USA Today Coaches Poll.

Neb replaced Mich as being the only B1G team ranked in all five of the polls. Michigan, which had been in all of the polls all season long, dropped out of all of them with the exception of the College Baseball Newspaper Top 30 Poll where they were 22nd. The Huskers best showing was in the Perfect Game Poll at 19th, one spot ahead of us.

We continue to be in the Perfect Game Poll at 20th, moving up from 23rd place, and of the five polls I looked at, that was the only one we were in. We did receive votes in the USA Today Coaches Poll.

Neb replaced Mich as being the only B1G team ranked in all five of the polls. Michigan, which had been in all of the polls all season long, dropped out of all of them with the exception of the College Baseball Newspaper Top 30 Poll where they were 22nd. The Huskers best showing was in the Perfect Game Poll at 19th, one spot ahead of us.
I continue to believe the B1G will have to be lucky to get more than 3 In the CWS playoffs. IU’s fate is in their hands and it starts with this weekend series with Iowa. We need to take this series. Iowa will have 4 three game sets remaining and none against contenders. I doubt Michigan or Nebraska fades from the race for the league championship and we need to be in that race not fighting with Iowa for the 3 spot.

Reactions: mk23 and ptrich
I continue to believe the B1G will have to be lucky to get more than 3 In the CWS playoffs. IU’s fate is in their hands and it starts with this weekend series with Iowa. We need to take this series. Iowa will have 4 three game sets remaining and none against contenders. I doubt Michigan or Nebraska fades from the race for the league championship and we need to be in that race not fighting with Iowa for the 3 spot.
In my keen sense of the obvious, IU knows the series with Iowa is huge as far as boosting their resume for when they announce the field of 64. Needless to say, Iowa also sees it as a big chance to bolster their chances, so they will be highly motivated coming in. Right now, D1Baseball sees IU in the field along with Iowa, but Baseball America sees us on the outside looking in with Iowa making the field. By the way, in a Monday game, NW had taken a 9-8 lead in the top of the 9th against Iowa, but Iowa scored four runs in the bottom of the 9th to win, 12-9.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT