ADVERTISEMENT

Poll Question

Would you prefer all Republicans or Democrats running the Federal Government?

• All Democrats

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • All Republicans

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

snarlcakes

All-American
Sep 9, 2009
It's Friday. Humor me for second. Also, assume the Presidential nominees are not Trump and Harris. They're a more moderate Republican & Democrat.

This is a trick question. Republicans want to dismantle the federal government.

It's also unrealistic given that even in the small fraction of a chance a party actually nominates a moderate, the opposite party would never see it that way. Biden was viewed as one of those moderates by most all the way until he won the dem primary in 2020....then he was painted as a progressive.

Even without Trump, most Republican politicians have shown themselves to be spineless sycophants that would be hard to trust even if I agreed with their social or policy positions (which for the most part I don't obviously). Most republican politicians that had a spine are enjoying retirement now or a different career.

It's also unrealistic given that even in the small fraction of a chance a party actually nominates a moderate, the opposite party would never see it that way. Biden was viewed as one of those moderates by most all the way until he won the dem primary in 2020....then he was painted as a progressive.

Even without Trump, most Republican politicians have shown themselves to be spineless sycophants that would be hard to trust even if I agreed with their social or policy positions (which for the most part I don't obviously). Most republican politicians that had a spine are enjoying retirement now or a different career.
Biden wasn’t “Seen as a progressive”, he is a progressive.

Obama got away with shit that Clinton would’ve never dreamed of. Biden did some shit that Obama knew inherently was a bridge too far.

That’s how this supposed “progress” operates. You don’t stop until everything is destroyed .

This is a trick question. Republicans want to dismantle the federal government.
Are you tricked? That is actually a great idea to get back on track of preserving freedom and liberty rather having some deep state organization weaponizing their power to shut down primary voting, telling us what to do, how to speak, and stealing money to push items such poor govt. run medical on it's citzens. It's highly doubtful that the Fed govt. is ever run down to nothing. Reps want power too. The country would be better off if a high .pct of the Fed govt is eliminated. Did the recent DNC trigger a bunch more fears for you?

It's tricky

All non-MAGA Republicans
or
All non-squad Democrats

Both of those could work. But I really think there is tangible value in having both the yin and the yang. Well, at least there was when the yin and the yang would TALK to one another

...deep state organization...
Manwithtinfoil.png

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Are you tricked? That is actually a great idea to get back on track of preserving freedom and liberty rather having some deep state organization weaponizing their power to shut down primary voting, telling us what to do, how to speak, and stealing money to push items such poor govt. run medical on it's citzens. It's highly doubtful that the Fed govt. is ever run down to nothing. Reps want power too. The country would be better off if a high .pct of the Fed govt is eliminated. Did the recent DNC trigger a bunch more fears for you?
When people use the kind of language you use in this post, it tells me they know next to nothing about what the federal government does or how important civil servants are to keeping the proverbial lights on.

No one on is 'telling us what to do, how to speak, etc, etc, etc.'

I don't subscribe to your dystopian view. If you hate the country so much, why don't you move to where your hero is planning on hiding out if he loses?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT