ADVERTISEMENT

Political quiz

NPT

Aug 28, 2001
I've always thought it was kind fun to take a political quiz. I ran upon this one searching for something else so I took it (see picture below). There are always questions in any quiz were I am in somewhat agreement with more than one answer. The first question about Freedom of Speech is a good example.
Some individuals and media spread wrong views with dubious objectives.
1)The spreading of mistaken views aiming at manipulating and / or influencing the public opinion shall be forbidden.
2)Apologetic messages of hate and/or extreme views should be banned.
3)The Government should not censor any opinion in any case.

If option 1 was put into place that would eliminate about 99% of the current media. Option 2 would be fine if it was implemented correctly but it never could be because the people doing the banning would have a political agenda. So I'll vote for option 3 but I think the government should regulate places like FB, Google, Twitter, etc and any other place that has a political agenda but try to pass themselves off as neutral parties. Now how to do that I have no idea. :)
Screenshot-2021-09-01-055132.jpg

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
64 in personal rights and 40 in economic freedom

I don't think purposely spreading lies should be allowed under the guise that it is just entertainment. Enforcement may be more like requiring companies to take away the person's megaphone (i.e. banned from the media or social platform). Rush Limbaugh's lies wouldn't have been nearly as effective if someone wasn't giving him a mic to be on the radio.

Moderate, just one diamond below the Libertarian block, in the upper Right corner (of Moderate)...

Pretty accurate... If they had asked more national defense questions I think I would have graded out as a Moderate Conservative...

I've always thought it was kind fun to take a political quiz. I ran upon this one searching for something else so I took it (see picture below). There are always questions in any quiz were I am in somewhat agreement with more than one answer. The first question about Freedom of Speech is a good example.
1)The spreading of mistaken views aiming at manipulating and / or influencing the public opinion shall be forbidden.

If option 1 was put into place that would eliminate about 99% of the current media. Option 2 would be fine if it was implemented correctly but it never could be because the people doing the banning would have a political agenda. So I'll vote for option 3 but I think the government should regulate places like FB, Google, Twitter, etc and any other place that has a political agenda but try to pass themselves off as neutral parties. Now how to do that I have no idea. :)
That's a dumb quiz. There were too many questions where I wanted no answer offered, and too many questions where I wanted more than one of the answers offered.

But thanks for posting it anyway . . . you tried.

That's a dumb quiz. There were too many questions where I wanted no answer offered, and too many questions where I wanted more than one of the answers offered.

I agree but I've found that most political quizzes fit into that category. There were quite a few of those questions that I wanted more than one of the answers or parts of the answers.

Reactions: IUCrazy2
I agree but I've found that most political quizzes fit into that category. There were quite a few of those questions that I wanted more than one of the answers or parts of the answers.

Nuance, bitches!

Moderate, just one diamond below the Libertarian block, in the upper Right corner (of Moderate)...

Pretty accurate... If they had asked more national defense questions I think I would have graded out as a Moderate Conservative...
I was in the exact same spot. Kumbaya

on the line between moderate and libertarian

oh, and they forgot the correct choice for #12

"the government collects more than enough in taxes but unfortunately much of it is just wasted...."

Just as I was nearing the end, where I was preparing to answer the question where the correct answer is "all ambiguous political quizzes should be permanently banned and their authors incarcerated," the page reloaded and I would have had to start over. So I said, "screw it."

I hated some of these questions (e.g., the drug one was atrocious), but I ended up in a similar spot to you

U8eZXst.png

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

This quiz tends to funnel people toward the libertarian block. I don't know whether or not that's intentional.

For the record, just above the "m" in "moderate."

Last edited:
I was in the exact same spot. Kumbaya

Curious how you viewed some of those law/legal questions, mostly around whether or not the government should try and regulate vs. legislate vs. let things fall where they may (I could very well have misinterpreted some of those).

Right wing / conservative - 45/85 - social/economic

Curious how you viewed some of those law/legal questions, mostly around whether or not the government should try and regulate vs. legislate vs. let things fall where they may (I could very well have misinterpreted some of those).
I think I was all over the board given the nature of the questions and potential answers. I'd have to go back and look at them again, but I think I was pretty middle of the road on most of the questions. Also, for some of the questions I was not all that thrilled with any of the responses.

Last edited:
I think I was all over the board given the nature of the questions and potential answers. I'd have to go back and look at them again, but I think I was pretty middle of the road on most of the questions. Also, for some of the questions I was not all that thrilled with any of the responses.

Is this what you call bill-padding as NPT is charged for each time you answer, review and potentially change your responses?

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
This quiz tends to funnel people toward the libertarian block. I don't know whether or not that's intentional.

For the record, just above the "m" in "moderate."
Yea it does, I came out as a moderate bordering libertarian around the same place as you did just above the m.

Nope ...

Last edited:

Yeah, I was really surprised.

Just like hearing from the guy ((wearing a Brown's shirt and planning to go to the Falcons-Browns pre-season game later) at the wine store in Reynolds this weekend that Ben Roethlisberger, a resident there, is a douchbag.

Reactions: UncleMark
Yeah, I was really surprised.

Just like hearing from the guy ((wearing a Brown's shirt and planning to go to the Falcons-Browns pre-season game later) at the wine store in Reynolds this weekend that Ben Roethlisberger, a resident there, is a douchbag.
Rothlisberger a douchebag?

Who'd a thunk it . . . his best feature was his college coach.

Reactions: Univee2
They didn't have the question - Should Democrats be told that election days are always on a Wednesday - that I expected and to which I always answer: Absolutely.
You're just lazy and don't want the voting lines too long . . . after the Pubs closed several precincts and did away with early voting . . . .

Under the "b" in Libertarian, straddling the line between moderate and the aforementioned Libertarian.

Rothlisberger a douchebag?

Who'd a thunk it . . . his best feature was his college coach.

And, bonus points to anyone who can name that coach without checking Google.

OTOH, btw, the same guy working the counter, as we were sharing our hatred of the Steelers, mentioned that Lynn Swann, another resident, was a gentleman beyond compare. Big Ben must be an ass.

You're just lazy and don't want the voting lines too long . . . after the Pubs closed several precincts and did away with early voting . . . .

No, I just think TV stations should run PSAs reminding all Democrats to be sure to go to the polls on Wednesday so that the congestion can be minimized.

No, I just think TV stations should run PSAs reminding all Democrats to be sure to go to the polls on Wednesday so that the congestion can be minimized.
Exactly . . . you just agreed with me using different language.

Kudos . . . .

OTOH, btw, the same guy working the counter, as we were sharing our hatred of the Steelers, mentioned that Lynn Swann, another resident, was a gentleman beyond compare. Big Ben must be an ass.
Swann was/is a baby boomer. Ben is a Millennial . . .

. . . just sayin' . . . .

Reactions: UncleMark

Seriously? I'm not even an IU fan and I know his college coach was Terry Hoeppner. Saw Roethlisberger play in college. He had the best arm I've ever seen, with a somewhat unorthodox style. Even his longest throws were effortless.

Seriously? I'm not even an IU fan and I know his college coach was Terry Hoeppner. Saw Roethlisberger play in college. He had the best arm I've ever seen, with a somewhat unorthodox style. Even his longest throws were effortless.
Yeah, but you live in the shadow of Yager Stadium. If you didn't know who Rothlisberger's coach was you'd have committed Cincy sports fan malpractice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT