ADVERTISEMENT

Police have to be better

Here’s an idea get off cnn. It’s nothing but propaganda. You’re being brainwashed. You are brainwashed. learn how to do research and think for yourself. All the data you need to think on your own is readily available. Blacks are 13 percent of pop and commit 50 percent of violent crime. Go to doj website. FBI website. Go to any major city pd website. Stats are there for ya. No filter.
Bless you for trying but there’s no point. This has been discussed ad nauseoum here. He knows what the data says, he just wants to deflect. “Well, they’re ARRESTED more”. As if wrongful arrests would completely make up the discrepancy.

Yet he’ll be the first in line to talk about how scary Trumpers and their unwillingness to accept reality are.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I will agree and the actual number is 52%, but that makes it seem as if blacks are more of a danger to all of us, when in fact the good majority of that number is gang related black on black crime, due to socioeconomic factors that still exist.

Btw, I watch CNN occasionally and I’ve never heard them try to make it seem that this isn’t true. They aren’t Fox and they don’t have commentators akin to Hannity, Ingraham, or Carlson.
Remember the topic isnt us. It’s blacks and cops and their perception of each other

Here’s an idea get off cnn. It’s nothing but propaganda. You’re being brainwashed. You are brainwashed. learn how to do research and think for yourself. All the data you need to think on your own is readily available. Blacks are 13 percent of pop and commit 50 percent of violent crime. Go to doj website. FBI website. Go to any major city pd website. Stats are there for ya. No filter.
MM66, but do blacks commit more crime because of skin color, or are we simply confusing the cause as being skin color driven when the real cause is being more along the lines of poverty and inequality ?

In other words, do black people tend to offend more because they tend to be more disadvantaged, living in poorer urban areas with less access to public services, and so on.

MM66, but do blacks commit more crime because of skin color, or are we simply confusing the cause as being skin color driven when the real cause is being more along the lines of poverty and inequality ?

In other words, do black people tend to offend more because they tend to be more disadvantaged, living in poorer urban areas with less access to public services, and so on.
Imo absolutely. Black people got screwed in this country. Many simply have it harder. And they commit lots of crime. Explaining doesn’t excuse. Lots of poor whites commit crime too for similar reasons.

Poverty does equal violence, that has been true since the beginning of time. Luckily black people in the U.S. have the highest average income of black people anywhere in the world.

So before we continue self - flagellating again, let’s recognize we have built the most diverse, just and equal society the world has ever seen. And then continue on the path of self-improvement.

It’s a quintessentially American trait, we are constantly on a course of self- correction. It’s why we’re the best.

Don’t let’s the woke leftists shake us from that course with their nonsensical b.s.

“The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends towards justice”

- President Barrack H. Obama

Last edited:

In reply to my own post, I would like to point out my use of "skin color" instead of "black race" as per this article which in part states the following...
“The science of genetics demonstrates that humans cannot be divided into biologically distinct subcategories”; and it “challenges the traditional concept of different races of humans as biologically separate and distinct. This is validated by many decades of research.” In other words, “race itself is a social construct,” with no biological basis.

Yet us white civilians flog this to death, and we're all very certain we have the right answers.
Nah. I don’t have the right answer. I’m just for trying something new. GBI. whatever. But I do think it’s economic related.

It’s not just about the interaction between cops and blacks. It’s a whole cultural difference that many white people just can’t understand. I was responding to COH’s assertion that in the last 4 decades of the 20th century we were well on our way to becoming a multicultural and multiracial success story. And to that I call bullshit.

Another powerful example from the 90’s, that we weren’t a multiracial success, was the OJ Simpson trial. An event that had all of America glued to their TV sets, with viewing parties, and when the verdict came in groups of white people expressed anger and disbelief, while groups of black people erupted with cheers. The division was huge then, and it still is, but not because the politicians are at fault.
So if your point is that it’s all emotion and not based on facts or provable facts then we are in agreement. That’s all I’ve said from the beginning.

The man became irate when police arrived. He was shirtless and didn't appear to be armed at that point, though the witness said he'd seen him with a gun earlier. Police attempted to issue orders and locate the gun but when the man bent down to pick something off the ground, one of the officers shot him. The man died at the scene.

Around 250 protesters showed up at the park while police created a line of officers to keep people out of the scene.

You might be right, but if that's the case, we either need to find a way to change that, or we need to give up the "Stop and put your hands up!" nonsense. If the kid's fate was sealed when he ran, then the cops need to be yelling, "You better run fast, because you're dead if I catch you."
Dumb

Sorry, but I'm not comfortable responding to an issue that is contributing to the growing tears in the fabric of our society with "it's too bad." We have a problem, we need to find a solution.
How about working on parenting or finding foster homes for kids like this one. Saying the obligation for change lies with the police is solving the wrong problem.

I mentioned this in another thread but I’m getting more and more livid about this shooting and the response. Why aren’t his parent(s) going to face charges for his death. I honestly don’t know but is there some avenue for this to happen? I can see where Goat is coming from but if you’re a cop chasing a suspect with a gun and the suspect stops (yes on your command) and spins around what do you do. Take one in the chest to make sure you don’t have a bad shoot? I wouldn’t.

This kids parents failed him. They should be held responsible. His death, while tragic, was entirely preventable.
Amen. His Mother who is the only parent I have seen needs to be held accountable as well.

CNNs Abby Philip was a reporter I had great hope for initially but has now bowed to the CNN “product” with her own show on Sunday. This morning she referred to the Chicago shooting as “unarmed with his hands up”. This is dangerous false rhetoric to spew at a flashpoint time.
Shame on Abby and shame on CNN.

CNNs Abby Philip was a reporter I had great hope for initially but has now bowed to the CNN “product” with her own show on Sunday. This morning she referred to the Chicago shooting as “unarmed with his hands up”. This is dangerous false rhetoric to spew at a flashpoint time.
Shame on Abby and shame on CNN.
cnn is horrible. they do a disservice to the country. the downfall of our once great nation can be attributed to cnn, fox, mark zuckerberg, and most importantly, ryan seacrest

cnn is horrible. they do a disservice to the country. the downfall of our once great nation can be attributed to cnn, fox, mark zuckerberg, and most importantly, ryan seacrest
I’m old enough to remember when corporations were self-centered greedy bastards instead of their own woke political party. I liked the old way better.

Liberals quickly point to FOX and I get that, but reports like we saw this morning are simply dangerous.

Liberals quickly point to FOX and I get that, but reports like we saw this morning are simply dangerous.
for sure. and people don't even know they're being brainwashed. it's not just the bent it's what they choose to ignore and what they choose to cover

for sure. and people don't even know they're being brainwashed. it's not just the bent it's what they choose to ignore and what they choose to cover
People have lost the ability to disagree. This is apparent in family, friends, business, government and here. Disagreement rapidly descends to name-calling, intolerance and hate. we are much worse because of it.

Bless you for trying but there’s no point. This has been discussed ad nauseoum here. He knows what the data says, he just wants to deflect. “Well, they’re ARRESTED more”. As if wrongful arrests would completely make up the discrepancy.

Yet he’ll be the first in line to talk about how scary Trumpers and their unwillingness to accept reality are.
I for one don't think the discrepancy is caused entirely (or even mostly) by wrongful arrests, but let's be careful about taking someone to task for not using data, while similarly dismissing his theories as obviously wrong without any data-driven refutation, shall we?

A video claiming to show a cop planting drugs on an African American driver went viral on Twitter. It was spread to hundreds of thousands of people. It led to people doxxing and targeting the cop involved and denunciations of police generally.

It was promoted by countless celebrities and journalists.

It turned out the video was intentionally clipped to leave out the context.

Luckily, the officers involved were wearing body cameras (which are important to protect citizens from police and police officers from this type of abuse).

The local news article I linked has the full explanation. When the officers removed one of the rear passengers from the car, they found an empty bag in his pocket. As the officer explains in the bodycam footage, he was just putting the passenger's empty baggie in the car

No one was arrested for any drugs. The only citation issued was for speeding. The person who posted the original clip knew that but left it out to promote a mob. The truth is unlikely to change the harassment that the officer and his family will likely face now.

• Angry
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

A video claiming to show a cop planting drugs on an African American driver went viral on Twitter. It was spread to hundreds of thousands of people. It led to people doxxing and targeting the cop involved and denunciations of police generally.

It was promoted by countless celebrities and journalists.

It turned out the video was intentionally clipped to leave out the context.

Luckily, the officers involved were wearing body cameras (which are important to protect citizens from police and police officers from this type of abuse).

The local news article I linked has the full explanation. When the officers removed one of the rear passengers from the car, they found an empty bag in his pocket. As the officer explains in the bodycam footage, he was just putting the passenger's empty baggie in the car

No one was arrested for any drugs. The only citation issued was for speeding. The person who posted the original clip knew that but left it out to promote a mob. The truth is unlikely to change the harassment that the officer and his family will likely face now.

It's a bad look though.

First the cop that searched the guy with the bag said he wasn't going to handcuff the guy, did in fact, handcuff the guy. Why was the guy handcuffed when he was told he wasn't going to be?

Then he threw the bag in the car and then put on gloves to I guess search the car? Why are you gonna throw a bag like that in the car and then put gloves on to search the car?

Not a good look either way you look at it from a outsiders perspective. Horrible police work either way you look at it, especially with everything going on in today's world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT