ADVERTISEMENT

Playing time

kingmanite

Freshman
Jun 5, 2012
I noticed in the box score that IU starters played 177 minutes out of the 200 available. Just maybe they played softer defense to avoid foul trouble do to the shortened bench. They turned up the defense in the last 8 minutes. The first half was sloppy but it was still a win. Lets get bucket back today and a win in soccer tomorrow and make this week end a hat trick.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
I noticed in the box score that IU starters played 177 minutes out of the 200 available. Just maybe they played softer defense to avoid foul trouble do to the shortened bench. They turned up the defense in the last 8 minutes. The first half was sloppy but it was still a win. Lets get bucket back today and a win in soccer tomorrow and make this week end a hat trick.

I like the positive vibe at the end, but with the way he coaches, I don't see CAM telling them to tone it down. Maybe encouraged them to be more careful with fouls, especially Phinisee and Morgan, and maybe that planted a seed in their head to back off a bit, but I don't think it was strategic. I think it likely is what it seemed: a shorthanded team that has played several games recently, and was a bit lackadaisical and unfocused coming off a holiday and looking ahead to Tuesday and overlooking a 1-5 mid major.

ADVERTISEMENT