ADVERTISEMENT

Player recruitment and the photo shoot.

Warison

Hall of Famer
Dec 13, 2010
This seems awkward.

Do other schools do this? Do this, as in, have a player the school is recruiting in a photo shoot with them dressed in the jersey and shorts and making basketball poses. ???

My first memory of this is Darius Garland and Romeo. I figured, yep, Garland's gonna commit, why else would he pose in the jersey.

Now it seems every player that visits, there's a photo montage of the player in the jersey?

This whole process just seems awkward, unless you know you're committing?

Anyone else find this strange. ?

I'm sure the recruits could say no.

Probably trying to help them visualize being in an Indiana uniform.

This seems awkward.

Do other schools do this? Do this, as in, have a player the school is recruiting in a photo shoot with them dressed in the jersey and shorts and making basketball poses. ???

My first memory of this is Darius Garland and Romeo. I figured, yep, Garland's gonna commit, why else would he pose in the jersey.

Now it seems every player that visits, there's a photo montage of the player in the jersey?

This whole process just seems awkward, unless you know you're committing?

Anyone else find this strange. ?
It’s part of the recruiting landscape now. I have seen similar pictures posted by other schools.

Reactions: BHAII
Keeping the jersey would be impermissible benefits. Also, lots of other schools do the same thing. It’s all about getting the kid to post the photos on social media and then having the fan base “like” them.

Pretty nice recruiting perk ..imo.
You are talking about getting a photo in front of the circle court of Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall..
It's still considered a cathedral of all college arena's.
Even though many want to bi$ch about the sight lines..

Pretty nice recruiting perk ..imo.
You are talking about getting a photo in front of the circle court of Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall..
It's still considered one of college basketball's cathedrals..
Even though many want to bi$ch about the sight lines..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT