ADVERTISEMENT

Pivotal game on the 2020 schedule

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
I fully expect IU to have five wins after the first six games of the season, and will be extremely disappointed if that doesn't happen. If we are, in fact, 5-1 at the season's halfway point, I see Game 7 against Michigan State as the key game of 2020.

While always competitive, the Spartans are not the powerhouse they were just a few seasons ago. We've got them in Bloomington this season after letting last year's game slip away in East Lansing. If we beat them this year and go to 6-1, we've got a good shot at another 8+ win season. Lose that game, though, and the ceiling likely becomes 7 wins.

What do you think?

On a different note, here are Athlon's Big Ten predictions for 2020. Hard to argue with their Big Ten East evaluations.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-football-predictions-early-2020

I fully expect IU to have five wins after the first six games of the season, and will be extremely disappointed if that doesn't happen. If we are, in fact, 5-1 at the season's halfway point, I see Game 7 against Michigan State as the key game of 2020.

While always competitive, the Spartans are not the powerhouse they were just a few seasons ago. We've got them in Bloomington this season after letting last year's game slip away in East Lansing. If we beat them this year and go to 6-1, we've got a good shot at another 8+ win season. Lose that game, though, and the ceiling likely becomes 7 wins.

What do you think?

On a different note, here are Athlon's Big Ten predictions for 2020. Hard to argue with their Big Ten East evaluations.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-football-predictions-early-2020

I think Athlon’s is ready to discount Northwestern. I don’t see them falling off the map so quickly. Fitzgerald is too good of a coach.

I think Athlon’s is ready to discount Northwestern. I don’t see them falling off the map so quickly. Fitzgerald is too good of a coach.

Agree that Fitzgerald is a very good coach, but 2019 was his worst season as HC (with the exception of his first) and is arguably more than a 1 year fix. If this were a projection 3 years out, they certainly should be higher

The next teams in front of them (Ill/Pur/Neb) seem to have fewer overall question marks. Although, I would put NW above Maryland/Rutgers in overall conference projections for 2020.

I'd give NW/Fitzgerald the benefit of the doubt this year if there was a clear answer at QB, but there just isn't at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT