ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh shooting: Multiple people dead after gunman attacks synagogue

I have a girl from that synagogue, waiting to hear details. None of her family was there.
We barely discussed the Kroger shooting, where the guy killed two black people , but refrained from shooting the white guy saying whites don’t shoot whites.
We are so broken. We desperately need a uniter.

Reactions: sglowrider
Less access to heath-care and more access to guns is not the solution.

CNN reporting 12 shot and 4 dead,with 3 of the victims being officers who exchanged gunfire with the suspect. One report describes the gunman as a heavy set white male, but don't think that's been independently verified...

CNN reporting 12 shot and 4 dead,with 3 of the victims being officers who exchanged gunfire with the suspect. One report describes the gunman as a heavy set white male, but don't think that's been independently verified...

The gunman shouted "all Jews must die".

I'll reserve judgement until we know exactly who the shooter is. My initial thought is that Donald Trump has unleashed a wave of violence in this country and continues to encourage it. He has opened a genie that will be hard to put back. I'd call for the 25th, but that will never happen.

Reactions: Monkey Pox

I'll reserve judgement until we know exactly who the shooter is. My initial thought is that Donald Trump has unleashed a wave of violence in this country and continues to encourage it. He has opened a genie that will be hard to put back. I'd call for the 25th, but that will never happen.

It’s the media’s fault.

Reactions: DrHoops
One report describes the gunman as a heavy set white male, but don't think that's been independently verified...

This kinda makes me chuckle...your post not the subject of the content. I am sure you don’t know why but others will.....predictable but funny

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I have a girl from that synagogue, waiting to hear details. None of her family was there.
We barely discussed the Kroger shooting, where the guy killed two black people , but refrained from shooting the white guy saying whites don’t shoot whites.
We are so broken. We desperately need a uniter.
This is waaaaay more broken than just at the WH. He could be uniting and we’d still be in this situation. Our country is broken.

This is waaaaay more broken than just at the WH. He could be uniting and we’d still be in this situation. Our country is broken.
Perhaps. But he could at least attempt, like every other president does in times of chaos.

This is lazy and idiotic. Louis Farrakhan just recently called Jews termites and called for their extinction. But, sure, blame Trump. Lol. It’s literally just getting dumb at this point.

But sure...Trumps fault for “violent” language.

Perhaps. But he could at least attempt, like every other president does in times of chaos.
Totally agree. I wish he would. The problem, I think as he sees it, is even if he did the MSM and Dems wouldn’t follow suit. Right or wrong. My guess is that’s his take. But largely, I agree with you.

Reactions: All4You
This is lazy and idiotic. Louis Farrakhan just recently called Jews termites and called for their extinction. But, sure, blame Trump. Lol. It’s literally just getting dumb at this point.

But sure...Trumps fault for “violent” language.

Who is the President? The President sets the tone for the nation. Louis Farakhan is a nut with a small following. If he was the President I would call for his removal. I expect the President to behave at a higher standard than Louis Farakhan. You don't?

Trump tried the morning of the mail bombs. The press and the Democrats met that by direting more vitriol toward him.

1034177021.jpg

Who is the President? The President sets the tone for the nation. Louis Farakhan is a nut with a small following. If he was the President I would call for his removal. I expect the President to behave at a higher standard than Louis Farakhan. You don't?
I think It’s abundently clear that in our current environment, crazies are motivated by almost anything (Bernie’s healthcare scare tactic and the guy that shot the Republicans playing baseball, the bomber obviously seizing on Trumps rhetoric, and now this guy for an unknown reason).

The fact you try and pin this on Trump too does nothing but make things worse. His daughter and son in law are Jewish. It doesn’t even make sense he’d be responsible for this. And if you talk about rhetoric, both sides are at fault along with the MSM.

Trump tried the morning of the mail bombs. The press and the Democrats met that by direting more vitriol toward him.
I didn’t hear any of that. I heard much praise for his first statement. Until he went out and started blasting his hate at rallies that night. You think one TelePrompTer statement is all it takes or should be expected?

I didn’t hear any of that. I heard much praise for his first statement. Until he went out and started blasting his hate at rallies that night. You think one TelePrompTer statement is all it takes or should be expected?
Come on. If you didn’t hear any of that it’s because you had no desire to hear any of it. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen and is still happening. Hell, people are already blaming Trump for this shooting. Lol

By the way, lock her up and CNN sucks isn’t violent rhetoric.

I think It’s abundently clear that in our current environment, crazies are motivated by almost anything (Bernie’s healthcare scare tactic and the guy that shot the Republicans playing baseball, the bomber obviously seizing on Trumps rhetoric, and now this guy for an unknown reason).

The fact you try and pin this on Trump too does nothing but make things worse. His daughter and son in law are Jewish. It doesn’t even make sense he’d be responsible for this. And if you talk about rhetoric, both sides are at fault along with the MSM.

He didn't tell someone to go in and shoot Jews.

The President is leading chants at his rallies for political opponents to be locked up. Is that normal to you? Do you think that's remotely appropriate behavior for a president. And I don't give a crap what anyone else is doing. Stop making excuses. The President should be setting the example.

His conduct is atrocious. The crazies act when they hear someone talking like that.

Reactions: Bill4411
Come on. If you didn’t hear any of that it’s because you had no desire to hear any of it. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen and is still happening. Hell, people are already blaming Trump for this shooting. Lol

Please provide quotes, other than his initial "unify" statement that don't show that he is more concerned with placing blame.

One TelePrompTer statement is the standard for any president in these cases.

Reactions: SNU0821
He didn't tell someone to go in and shoot Jews.

The President is leading chants at his rallies for political opponents to be locked up. Is that normal to you? Do you think that's remotely appropriate behavior for a president. And I don't give a crap what anyone else is doing. Stop making excuses. The President should be setting the example.

His conduct is atrocious. The crazies act when they hear someone talking like that.
Nope, not normal. But I dont think lock her up and CNN sucks (which they do) is violent rhetoric. It’s not calling for harm to anyone. Crazies do act when they hear people talk like that and it’s coming from BOTH SIDES and especially coming from the MSM.

Leading chants to lock up political opponents is not violent rhetoric??? What on Earth? Allowing this to continue is how you end up with a Yugoslavia.

We all know Jared is Jewish. We also all know that Trump preaches and incites hate. Mainly older white males are wanting to blame their woes on others. The KKK and other hate groups have been emboldened in the last several years and hate crimes have been on the rise against all types of minorities. He needs to give a major speech and then he needs to lead by example. I have little confidence he will even attempt to do so.

Leading chants to lock up political opponents is not violent rhetoric??? What on Earth? Allowing this to continue is how you end up with a Yugoslavia.
No, I dont think it is. I think telling people to kick Republicans is violent. Biden saying he wanted to fight Trump is violent. MSNBC saying someone should ring Sarah Sanders’ neck is violent. MSNBC encouraging Jeb Bush to fight Trump is violent. CNN sucks and lock her up isn’t violent.

We all know Jared is Jewish. We also all know that Trump preaches and incites hate. Mainly older white males are wanting to blame their woes on others. The KKK and other hate groups have been emboldened in the last several years and hate crimes have been on the rise against all types of minorities. He needs to give a major speech and then he needs to lead by example. I have little confidence he will even attempt to do so.
Don’t agree with most of this and don’t think most of it is factual or even close to it.

Nope, not normal. But I dont think lock her up and CNN sucks (which they do) is violent rhetoric. It’s not calling for harm to anyone. Crazies do act when they hear people talk like that and it’s coming from BOTH SIDES and especially coming from the MSM.

Leading a chant to lock Soros up the day after he receives a bomb at his doorstep is violent rhetoric. It's despicable. Stop making excuses for the President. He is the leader of this nation. He needs to immediately condemn all of this and totally shift his rhetoric. (He won't).

Reactions: Monkey Pox

But, you can't truly "reserve judgment" and have an "initial thought" that assigns blame at the same time.

Do you see what I mean? (I fight the impulse to do the same thing.)

Leading a chant to lock Soros up the day after he receives a bomb at his doorstep is violent rhetoric. It's despicable. Stop making excuses for the President. He is the leader of this nation. He needs to immediately condemn all of this and totally shift his rhetoric. (He won't).
I disagree and don’t think it’s violent. I do agree it’s despicable and don’t think he should do it. Are you willing to call out the MSM talking heads and the Dems for their “violent” rhetoric?

I disagree and don’t think it’s violent. I do agree it’s despicable and don’t think he should do it. Are you willing to call out the MSM talking heads and the Dems for their “violent” rhetoric?

I didn't like one bit what Biden has said about fighting and have said that before. It's completely wrong. I condemn all violent rhetoric.

Having said that, those are basically isolated episodes. With Trump, it's a daily occurrence. And he is the freaking president!!!!!! The President has no excuse to behave like this. He is setting the example.

And im sorry, but they aren't chanting "lock them up" in a polite way. That is violent rhetoric. I don't understand how one can argue it's anything but violent rhetoric.

Meanwhile, we play the "middle easterner" as some terrorist bogeyman and the truth is that the real terrorist threat is these homegrown loons. iSIS is laughing right now.

This kinda makes me chuckle...your post not the subject of the content. I am sure you don’t know why but others will.....predictable but funny

CNN reported that was what an eyewitness said. I think they are probably correct, but I put in the disclaimer. Rather than just going with my personal evaluation of what I heard...

No, I dont think it is. I think telling people to kick Republicans is violent. Biden saying he wanted to fight Trump is violent. MSNBC saying someone should ring Sarah Sanders’ neck is violent. MSNBC encouraging Jeb Bush to fight Trump is violent. CNN sucks and lock her up isn’t violent.
Under your own standard, Trump's open discussion and approval of an attack on a journalist holding a phone is violence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT