ADVERTISEMENT

Pipe Dream

4IUfourever

Junior
Oct 22, 2002
I wish IU would either kill it and win out and make the tournament or lose the rest of their games this season. That way IU and the fans will know they have Archie for the long haul, or they can cut ties with him now. There's no way they could keep him if he lost the remaining games on the schedule. Right?!?!

What will really happen is they will go .500 the rest of the year, IU will keep Archie another year, and they will suck again. It'll be another 2-5 years before they are competitive and in the top half of the Big Ten again. Just my Sunday thoughts/gripes since I am so sick of mediocrity.

They are not getting blown out every game, with Freshmen and Sophamores doing the vast majority of the work.
The third youngest team in the league, I am sticking with Coach. Hanging tuff with the older teams means IU is heading
in the right direction.
I am just a fan, did not go to IU, but I feel for every loss and every win.
I don’t send IU money, I just love this game. I have spent my whole life, minus 4 years in the Navy, in Indiana.
Played ball here, know the game fairly well, just know I can’t fix this team. Changing coaches put you right back on the bottom, then all the bellyaching starts all over.
Give this team a chance to get older. I believe IU makes the tourney this year.
That is improvment.

Reactions: Davehack
I wish IU would either kill it and win out and make the tournament or lose the rest of their games this season. That way IU and the fans will know they have Archie for the long haul, or they can cut ties with him now. There's no way they could keep him if he lost the remaining games on the schedule. Right?!?!

What will really happen is they will go .500 the rest of the year, IU will keep Archie another year, and they will suck again. It'll be another 2-5 years before they are competitive and in the top half of the Big Ten again. Just my Sunday thoughts/gripes since I am so sick of mediocrity.
Problem is who do we have walking through that door? I never thought Archie was a slam dunk coaching decision for IU. We need someone who is dynamic, can make adjustments, and for crying out loud find someone who can shoot the basketball on a collegiate level. Now could Archie turn into this? I don't know because I am a novice. But I just know something is wrong in Hoosierville. He is either the answer or he is not. But the real question is does this administration really care about winning? Would they even be able to find a slam dunk coach who will bring us back to the pennacle?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT