ADVERTISEMENT

Pinstripe Bowl Outcome Terps 54 — Hokies 10

TomEric4756

All-Big Ten
Sep 20, 2021
Few of us expected this … Hokies lost a lot of players to the portal before the game.

Baltimore Sun — It was an uphill battle from the start for a Hokies team led by interim coach J.C. Price, who was tasked with leading a makeshift roster before giving way to former Penn State defensive coordinator Brent Pry. After beating rival Virginia in the regular-season finale, Virginia Tech lost quarterbacks, wide receivers, defensive lineman, and defensive ends to the transfer portal or the NFL draft.

Reactions: red hornet
Few of us expected this … Hokies lost a lot of players to the portal before the game.

Baltimore Sun — It was an uphill battle from the start for a Hokies team led by interim coach J.C. Price, who was tasked with leading a makeshift roster before giving way to former Penn State defensive coordinator Brent Pry. After beating rival Virginia in the regular-season finale, Virginia Tech lost quarterbacks, wide receivers, defensive lineman, and defensive ends to the transfer portal or the NFL draft.
I watched both the Minnesota & Maryland games.......in both cases, the team that wanted to be there dominated. In VT's case, they had also fired their coach.

I'm wondering how OSU will do against Utah....Utah kicked the s*** out of Oregon, who dominated OSU physically in the first game. Michigan just got done physically kicking OSU's ass, and OSU doesn't want to be there (Rose Bowl), while the Utah team and fans are thrilled. I would say Day has his hands full!!

Yes, O$U v. Utah Rose Bowl game should be interesting …
DL is a traditional Utah strength, with purported NFL prospects this year.
2nd string O$U WRs like Marvin Harrison are legitimate NFL prospects,
and could still be the best CFB bowl WR unit this year.

Gophers won 18-6 with a throwback score over WVU featuring a BiG 10 worthy 249 yards rushing at a 4.9 ypc average, and a stingy defense. (209 yards allowed).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT