ADVERTISEMENT

PIN THIS BBPII THREAD - Post How Much Gas Costs Where You Live

The only time the national average got over $4 was at the end of Bush Jr's run right before the financial crisis of 2008.

Obama did get to around 3.80 for a bit in the middle of his run, but gas prices kept coming down after peaking under Bush.

Reactions: bigmac76
I filled up today for $2.46 regular.

Louavuhl is admittedly usually 12-15 cents higher than surrounding counties because of the RFG requirement.

But here, in this thread, we can still track the BBPI - Biden-Buttigeig Price Increase Index.

It's only been 1 day, but with Biden killing union jobs and the Keystone pipeline, and Pete asking for new gaserine taxes, we could hit $5.00 for Spring Break - assuming we all get one of them 3-4 year early vaccines they're touting and go on a Spring Break.

So post your gas prices!

This will be FUN. With Trump gone, there won't be much to talk about, and THIS can fill a gap.

We might even get on the interweb and go virus!
Buy a Tesla, Rivian, Lucid, GM, Mercedes, VW, BMW, etc Electric Vehicle!
PS, gas is $2.22 in my area

Nah we really are Fing around. I’m glad to have biden and think he’ll do his level best to accommodate everyone. I’m certainly not thrilled at the prospect of certain policies that may come down the pike but I and we’ll survive and having a calming bridge like biden is a boon to us all. Sincerely.
High medium troll....
Biden doesn't know what day of the week it is. You know this..

The specs and looks of the VW ID.4 SUV have it on my radar for when my 2003 Honda Pilot with 366,000 miles finally goes out to pasture.

2021_ID_12269.jpg

Speaking of shit to be worried about...my brother in law was explaining to me this weekend that the USA is actually a corporation, and that unbeknownst to most the lease has expired meaning that the last elections were in fact fraudulent and without merit. As such, Trump will be reinstalled to power in March.

He was serious. Is this cause for alarm? He seemed to have inside knowledge.

I drive all over Bton in my job and notice gas prices. For the last week or so, they've been $2.359-2.399. Then today, around noon, they dropped to $2.189 in Highland Village. Thanks Joe!

Louavuhl is admittedly usually 12-15 cents higher than surrounding counties because of the RFG requirement.

But here, in this thread, we can still track the BBPI - Biden-Buttigeig Price Increase Index.

It's only been 1 day, but with Biden killing union jobs and the Keystone pipeline, and Pete asking for new gaserine taxes, we could hit $5.00 for Spring Break - assuming we all get one of them 3-4 year early vaccines they're touting and go on a Spring Break.

So post your gas prices!

This will be FUN. With Trump gone, there won't be much to talk about, and THIS can fill a gap.

What really chaps my @$$ about Biden already is the Covid vaccine stockpile is now empty after less than a week in office??? I thought the Warped Speed Wonder had millions upon millions of doses in the warehouses waiting for arms to be stuck with a needle.
That damn Joe Biden :oops:

What really chaps my @$$ about Biden already is the Covid vaccine stockpile is now empty after less than a week in office??? I thought the Warped Speed Wonder had millions upon millions of doses in the warehouses waiting for arms to be stuck with a needle.

That is factless partisan snark

My question is: Without regard to Trump, did the US receive and distribute the number of doses it purchased?

THAT is what matters.
THAT is the ONLY thing that matters.
THAT is what is important.

Don't care about the cute names assigned to it.
Don't care about "the plan" - I apply the Eisenhower/Tyson Rule to all plans.
Don't care how it is/was characterized on CNN or FOX.

Did we buy and distribute the doses to the states?
What did the state do with them?
When will more be available?

I advised MONTHS ago - when youse guys were still claiming no vaccine would be available for 3-4 years - that the federal governmet should pull a Truman/Eisenhower - and force the vaccine companies to enter into licensing agreements that allowed/provided for OTHER companies to make and distribute the vaccines too. Why have 2 companies doing it when you canhave 8 or 10.

That kind of business solution was lost in the toxic partisanship that is so important to so many.

The people who have politicized this virsu and this pandemic should be ashamed - forced to walk the through streets and receive garbage tossed at them with verbal insults.

Shameful horrible people. Each and every one.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

So post your gas prices!

The bride allegedly filled up with gaserine today on the way to allegedly get her second dose of the alleged Covid vaccine (no "dose" jokes - brides are off limits). I'm a bit worried though. Do you think she is cheating on me? Vaccines can't possibly exist yet according to our Toxic Partisan Leftie Posters Who Were Wrong About EVERYTHING (will even ONE of you guys EVER own up to all the lies you told the last 4 years? I mean you bitched about Trump's lies. Can you accept your own? How about just one since 1965? ? how about just a week? Just one little white lie? One little white privilege lie? I'd dance a jig for even just an "I didn't lie, I just foolishly swallowed and repeated political propaganda and will try not to let it happen again". C'mon. Stop being wicked. Admit one little something and feel better about the damages you have inflicted on your societal bretheren.)

Back to the gas - $2.65 today in The Ville.

Up 19 cents in a month.

Prepare for inflation!

Many of you yutes never lived through double-digit mortgage rates (when - by the way - poor folk couldn't SNIFF home ownership).

My first mortgage required 20% down to get a 9.9% rate PLUS points - and that was the "friends and family" deal from a lender that was a client!

Hunker down - Dims are wrecking the economy at record pace!

"If you like your job, you can keep it."

YIKES!

• Haha

Hmmm. Here in the K-Y, they just announced that that vaccine distribution is INCREASING by 29% this week.

I guess the chocolate ration went up from 8% to 6% again where you live.

The bride allegedly filled up with gaserine today on the way to allegedly get her second dose of the alleged Covid vaccine (no "dose" jokes - brides are off limits). I'm a bit worried though. Do you think she is cheating on me? Vaccines can't possibly exist yet according to our Toxic Partisan Leftie Posters Who Were Wrong About EVERYTHING (will even ONE of you guys EVER own up to all the lies you told the last 4 years? I mean you bitched about Trump's lies. Can you accept your own? How about just one since 1965? ? how about just a week? Just one little white lie? One little white privilege lie? I'd dance a jig for even just an "I didn't lie, I just foolishly swallowed and repeated political propaganda and will try not to let it happen again". C'mon. Stop being wicked. Admit one little something and feel better about the damages you have inflicted on your societal bretheren.)

Back to the gas - $2.65 today in The Ville.

Up 19 cents in a month.

Prepare for inflation!

Many of you yutes never lived through double-digit mortgage rates (when - by the way - poor folk couldn't SNIFF home ownership).

My first mortgage required 20% down to get a 9.9% rate PLUS points - and that was the "friends and family" deal from a lender that was a client!

Hunker down - Dims are wrecking the economy at record pace!

"If you like your job, you can keep it."

YIKES!
I'm sure the weather issues in Texas had nothing to do with the gas price spike...at all.

Oh, and the Dow is up over 420 points today (up over 4100 points since 11/4/2020)

Last edited:
I'm sure the issues in Texas had nothing to do with the spike...at all.

Oh, and the Dow is up over 412 points today.

Well, my gas price did not go DOWN when Texas started its own grid. Did yours? Is that a valid "cause and effect"? Our gas mostly comes from a refinery on the Ky/W.Va. border.

My experience with the grid market is that its like the NYSE - you get what you can get the other guy to pay for. Buy low - sell high - sell to/buy from the guy who's in a panic. Use capital to be capitalistic and benefit from capitalism.

As for the market, I think the companies that are still around post-Covid will be pretty strong as the economy opens back up and starts to grow. They don't really give a shit about politics. The consumer pays the freight one way or another.

Well, my gas price did not go DOWN when Texas started its own grid. Did yours? Is that a valid "cause and effect"? Our gas mostly comes from a refinery on the Ky/W.Va. border.

My experience with the grid market is that its like the NYSE - you get what you can get the other guy to pay for. Buy low - sell high - sell to/buy from the guy who's in a panic. Use capital to be capitalistic and benefit from capitalism.

As for the market, I think the companies that are still around post-Covid will be pretty strong as the economy opens back up and starts to grow. They don't really give a shit about politics. The consumer pays the freight one way or another.
Well, the winter storm and its effect on electricity did cause some refinery closures.
How many times have prices jumped due to switching from winter to spring mix, and spring to summer mix, and summer to fall mix, and fall to winter mix? Or hurricanes, or tornadoes, or bird migration, so I bet the shutting down of some gas refineries did have an impact on prices, and I bet you know it, too.

So, is the economy going to be pretty strong and grow, or are the "Dims" going to wreck it at record pace? Make up your mind.

Well, the winter storm and its effect on electricity did cause some refinery closures.
How many times have prices jumped due to switching from winter to spring mix, and spring to summer mix, and summer to fall mix, and fall to winter mix? Or hurricanes, or tornadoes, or bird migration, so I bet the shutting down of some gas refineries did have an impact on prices, and I bet you know it, too.

So, is the economy going to be pretty strong and grow, or are the "Dims" going to wreck it at record pace? Make up your mind.
He makes up his mind depending on the response to a given post.

The "economy" and "the Dow" are NOT the same thing. I think the Dow will do fine. But Bubba is gonna see some tough times. Unemployment. Small business fails. Ford will be fine. The microchip company that supplies them and provieds 35 jobs in Bugtussle might not.

Gas fluctuations are typically regional for the issues you cite - which is why this thred was started - and why I said "gas rose in Louisville" - not all over.

Your desire to make a rightie look bad has - again - prevented you from getting THE POINT. You look for something - ANYTHING - to be contra.

Let's experiment - "the sun will set today in Bloomington at 6:33" - change my mind

The "economy" and "the Dow" are NOT the same thing. I think the Dow will do fine. But Bubba is gonna see some tough times. Unemployment. Small business fails. Ford will be fine. The microchip company that supplies them and provieds 35 jobs in Bugtussle might not.

Gas fluctuations are typically regional for the issues you cite - which is why this thred was started - and why I said "gas rose in Louisville" - not all over.

Your desire to make a rightie look bad has - again - prevented you from getting THE POINT. You look for something - ANYTHING - to be contra.

Let's experiment - "the sun will set today in Bloomington at 6:33" - change my mind
5:33 CST

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
Shameful horrible people. Each and every one.
Just to be clear, you think we are all shameful horrible people, not because of anything we actually said, but because of the comments of the imaginary versions of us that only exist in your dementia-addled mind.

I suspect you're no longer mentally capable of self-reflection or growth, but if I'm wrong, if this act you've been putting on is not caused by permanent brain damage, but something more temporary, like heavy drug use, then I implore you, please, please, stop being a raging jackwad. We'd all very much appreciate it.

Just to be clear, you think we are all shameful horrible people, not because of anything we actually said, but because of the comments of the imaginary versions of us that only exist in your dementia-addled mind.

I suspect you're no longer mentally capable of self-reflection or growth, but if I'm wrong, if this act you've been putting on is not caused by permanent brain damage, but something more temporary, like heavy drug use, then I implore you, please, please, stop being a raging jackwad. We'd all very much appreciate it.
Except he’s right. The hate, division, vitriol, bigotry, and ill will spread by you, Hickory, Stuffshot, Hoops, Bulk,& several others does make you horrible people...

I see you are no longer pretending to be someone you never were.

Simply because one may be strongly opposed to Trump and his Klan doesn't mean they suddenly love the other option. Thinking people are more complex than that. Something that the left on this board have always struggled with.

With you and a handful of others...it is what you have posted.

When people tell me who they are, I believe them the first time.

It is part of my creed.

The hate, division, vitriol, bigotry, and ill will spread by stoll, mtiotf, cohoosier, lucy, jet, danc, ulrey, mas & several others makes you horrible people...

Fixed it for you

Last edited:
I drive all over Bton in my job and notice gas prices. For the last week or so, they've been $2.359-2.399. Then today, around noon, they dropped to $2.189 in Highland Village. Thanks Joe!

SE FL running all over the board $2.30 - $2.70

Fixed it for you
Actually, I don't mind MTIOTH, COH, and stoll. At least they are articulate and exhibit signs of humanity. I even like reading posts by Farva and DANC, although I rarely agree with them (please don't tell them). And I'm pretty sure Lucy is a plant meant to lampoon the worst tendencies of the Right.
But, you would think the "Oh woe is me, vitriol, hatred" crowd would at least call out ulrey and massa.
Not holding my breath, though.

Actually, I don't mind MTIOTH, COH, and stoll. At least they are articulate and exhibit signs of humanity. I even like reading posts by Farva and DANC, although I rarely agree with them (please don't tell them). And I'm pretty sure Lucy is a plant meant to lampoon the worst tendencies of the Right.
But, you would think the "Oh woe is me, vitriol, hatred" crowd would at least call out ulrey and massa.

More importantly, how are you doing?

I find more truth in the fiction section of a library than I do in posts from MTIOTF, coh and stoll's posts. Don't see them much different than ulrey and mas in their posting but to each their own. Edited post to be more inclusive. Wouldn't want them to feel left out.

I find more truth in the fiction section of a library than I do in posts from MTIOTF, coh and stoll's posts. Don't see them much different than ulrey and mas in their posting but to each their own.
Only real difference is the style and quality of their prose.

Buy a Tesla, Rivian, Lucid, GM, Mercedes, VW, BMW, etc Electric Vehicle!
PS, gas is $2.22 in my area
While that sounds great what about folks that have to travel more than 300 miles frequently? Our work force travels all the time from Indy to as far as North and South Dakota and as far south as Oklahoma. That is not a solution for us.

The vehicle that I personally had a down payment on was the Nikola Badger because it not only had the electric, but the hydrogen as well getting you 600 miles per trip. I got refunded last July or August but was really looking forward to that thing. It was not only sharp but the specs were off the charts. Too bad they couldn't make that happen and GM bailed on them.

While that sounds great what about folks that have to travel more than 300 miles frequently? Our work force travels all the time from Indy to as far as North and South Dakota and as far south as Oklahoma. That is not a solution for us.

The vehicle that I personally had a down payment on was the Nikola Badger because it not only had the electric, but the hydrogen as well getting you 600 miles per trip. I got refunded last July or August but was really looking forward to that thing. It was not only sharp but the specs were off the charts. Too bad they couldn't make that happen and GM bailed on them.
There are lots of Tesla charging stations between Indy and SD / Oklahoma. The super chargers will do 150 miles in 15 minutes and most are located at gas stations / Starbuck / etc.

ADVERTISEMENT