ADVERTISEMENT

Pictures of immigrant children in custody

The left is only using this issue right now because they have nothing else. The economy is doing great. We are in talks with N Korea. I notice the left ignores when they do things and only bring them up when Republicans do it for political points. They slam Trump because of his sex life before becoming President, and they ignore what Bill Clinton did while in office.

Reactions: SNU0821
The left is only using this issue right now because they have nothing else. The economy is doing great. We are in talks with N Korea. I notice the left ignores when they do things and only bring them up when Republicans do it for political points. They slam Trump because of his sex life before becoming President, and they ignore what Bill Clinton did while in office.

crying-baby-kids-harbor.jpg

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
It must be hard to twist yourself in a pretzel to justify supporting Trump. Unfaithful to his country as a draft dodger, unfaithful to his creditors and business partners, and unfaithful to all 3 wives. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

It must be hard to twist yourself in a pretzel to justify supporting Trump. Unfaithful to his country as a draft dodger, unfaithful to his creditors and business partners, and unfaithful to all 3 wives. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Just a few short years ago talking to NK was the dumbest thing a president could ever do.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
I read a hilarious article the other day, in which they talked to several Trump supporters in Arizona about the family separation situation. All of them loved kids, and blamed the parents, because the USA is a land of laws, and we have to enforce the laws, and anyone who breaks the law deserves what they get, under the law. It's all about laws.

I sure hope Trump hasn't broken any laws, because these people would have no problem with him being prosecuted to the fullest. :rolleyes: We are a nation of laws, after all. I'm sure all of them are as pure as the driven snow as well. There is NO way that any of these Trumpsters would hold other people, especially immigrants, to a higher standard of law-abiding than they do themselves.

I read a hilarious article the other day, in which they talked to several Trump supporters in Arizona about the family separation situation. All of them loved kids, and blamed the parents, because the USA is a land of laws, and we have to enforce the laws, and anyone who breaks the law deserves what they get, under the law. It's all about laws.

I sure hope Trump hasn't broken any laws, because these people would have no problem with him being prosecuted to the fullest. :rolleyes: We are a nation of laws, after all. I'm sure all of them are as pure as the driven snow as well. There is NO way that any of these Trumpsters would hold other people, especially immigrants, to a higher standard of law-abiding than they do themselves.

You’ve got it all wrong. They only respect law and order when they’re the ones administering the law and order. Otherwise it’s big government, executive overreach, populist courts, blah blah blah

Apparently you missed this thread just started on Sunday by your fellow traveller "Bruce"...

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/where-was-the-outrage.168532/

He was upset about "the Left" apparently giving BO a "pass",and "cleverly" used an article from Huff Post to make his point. Apparently,that was an instance when (in Bruce's opinion) the Huff Post did not qualify as a component of "the Left"...;)

You guys are just so dang hard to please. For years you rail about Obama and his policies,including (presumably) what you see as his "lax immigration enforcement". Then all of a sudden Obama is the Devil incarnate, because of his "restrictive" immigration policies. :rolleyes:

And btw,since you linked to an article that featured photos by John Moore (who has also provided the photos reflecting Trump's policy), it might be constructive to see what John has to say about the respective situations. From another "leftist source" (NPR) presumably "ignoring the situation"...

"Interview Highlights
On how recent political developments have changed the story at the border

Having covered this story for the last 10 years, I've seen a lot along the way. But in this case, this last week, it was different because I knew that what happened after these pictures were taken was going to be something very different. Most of us here had heard the news that the [Trump] administration had planned to separate families. And these people [coming across the border] really had no idea about this news. And it was hard to take these pictures, knowing what was coming next.

gettyimages-521334010_custom-6d936fd10f6b093fd71bf997cf0fb4c6091ba0ae-s700-c85.jpeg

NATIONAL
'We Do Not Have A Policy' Of Separating Families, DHS Head Says, Contradicting Policy

And I think it's important to note that the laws have not changed since President Trump came into office. It's really the administration's policies that have changed. In the past, most families who sought political asylum would be processed and then released, pending a court date in the future. And, of course, that policy has changed in recent months, and we're seeing the results of that now.

gettyimages-458329272_custom-2bb2cd09823b9723598ccde7a6f3ab5fecb896c2-s700-c85.jpeg

A boy from Honduras watches a movie at a detention facility run by the U.S. Border Patrol in McAllen, Texas, in 2014. The Border Patrol opened the holding center to temporarily house the children after tens of thousands of families and unaccompanied minors from Central America crossed the border illegally into the United States during the spring and summer."

Last edited:
Apparently you missed this thread just started on Sunday by your fellow traveller "Bruce"...

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/where-was-the-outrage.168532/

He was upset about "the Left" apparently giving BO a "pass",and "cleverly" used an article from Huff Post to make his point. Apparently,that was an instance when (in Bruce's opinion) the Huff Post did not qualify as a component of "the Left"...;)

You guys are just so dang hard to please. For years you rail about Obama and his policies,including (presumably) what you see as his "lax immigration enforcement". Then all of a sudden Obama is the Devil incarnate, because of his "restrictive" immigration policies. :rolleyes:

And btw,since you linked to an article that featured photos by John Moore (who has also provided the photos reflecting Trump's policy), it might be constructive to see what John has to say about the respective situations. From another "leftist source" (NPR) presumably "ignoring the situation"...

"Interview Highlights
On how recent political developments have changed the story at the border

Having covered this story for the last 10 years, I've seen a lot along the way. But in this case, this last week, it was different because I knew that what happened after these pictures were taken was going to be something very different. Most of us here had heard the news that the [Trump] administration had planned to separate families. And these people [coming across the border] really had no idea about this news. And it was hard to take these pictures, knowing what was coming next.

gettyimages-521334010_custom-6d936fd10f6b093fd71bf997cf0fb4c6091ba0ae-s700-c85.jpeg

NATIONAL
'We Do Not Have A Policy' Of Separating Families, DHS Head Says, Contradicting Policy

And I think it's important to note that the laws have not changed since President Trump came into office. It's really the administration's policies that have changed. In the past, most families who sought political asylum would be processed and then released, pending a court date in the future. And, of course, that policy has changed in recent months, and we're seeing the results of that now.

gettyimages-458329272_custom-2bb2cd09823b9723598ccde7a6f3ab5fecb896c2-s700-c85.jpeg

A boy from Honduras watches a movie at a detention facility run by the U.S. Border Patrol in McAllen, Texas, in 2014. The Border Patrol opened the holding center to temporarily house the children after tens of thousands of families and unaccompanied minors from Central America crossed the border illegally into the United States during the spring and summer."

Missed it, indeed. Are you and I required to read every thread. I'm not interested in spending my life here. The pictures I posted ae true representations of the Obama policies, right? Right! Your red herring is another meaningless avoidance by the left. I'd say I expect more from you leftists, but I don't.

Missed it, indeed. Are you and I required to read every thread. I'm not interested in spending my life here. The pictures I posted ae true representations of the Obama policies, right? Right! Your red herring is another meaningless avoidance by the left. I'd say I expect more from you leftists, but I don't.

“Lefty leftist leftism liberalist liberal liberalism leftist LEFTY!!!!” *drooling*

Sincerely,

Ladoga

You are absolutely right. If Trump is convicted of breaking laws he will get the axe by most of his supporters.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
You are absolutely right. If Trump is convicted of breaking laws he will get the axe by most of his supporters.
DOJ believes that sitting presidents can't be criminally prosecuted, let alone convicted, so you've created a standard that probably couldn't be satisfied even if the evidence shows that Trump did commit actual crimes.

By the way, do you think OJ killed Nicole Simpson? I do. And I think so even though he was acquitted.

Reactions: MrBing
DOJ believes that sitting presidents can't be criminally prosecuted, let alone convicted, so you've created a standard that probably couldn't be satisfied even if the evidence shows that Trump did commit actual crimes.

By the way, do you think OJ killed Nicole Simpson? I do. And I think so even though he was acquitted.

I haven’t seen him defend Hillary despite never being convicted of anything. Never even been charged criminally for anything Benghazi! or email related that I’m aware of. I wonder if his standards only go in one direction. Nah, that couldn’t be it.

Reactions: Rockfish1
Here's an article that might interest some... A CNN interview with a Border Patrol agent:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/cnn-border-patrol-agent-speechless/
From Trump on down, every single member of the Trump administration who has spoken on this subject has flagrantly lied about it, including this border patrol agent (who falsely claims that Trump's new zero tolerance policy isn't a new policy at all). Also, I can't decide whether to laugh or punch a Republican over the claim that Trump is ripping children from their parents for their own good.

You'll never learn that you're being lied to if you only read sources (like the Daily Caller) that routinely lie to you.

From Trump on down, every single member of the Trump administration who has spoken on this subject has flagrantly lied about it, including this border patrol agent (who falsely claims that Trump's new zero tolerance policy isn't a new policy at all). Also, I can't decide whether to laugh or punch a Republican over the claim that Trump is ripping children from their parents for their own good.

You'll never learn that you're being lied to if you only read sources (like the Daily Caller) that routinely lie to you.

Didn’t they announce this new zero tolerance policy in April?

You wouldn't know from the misleading blurb you linked, but if you click through to read the Mother Jones article it relies on, you'll learn that Obama was responding to a surge of unaccompanied children flowing across the border:

unaccompanied-2008-12_updated_0.gif

Unlike the reprehensible policy you defend, Obama had no "zero tolerance" policy. He didn't rip thousands of children from their parents to rev up his base and use his own inhumanity to get leverage against The Other Guys. Instead, he had to figure out what to do with tens of thousands of unaccompanied children who'd overwhelmed our capacities and capabilities.

How did you think the article was relevant?​

You should really stop advertising the fact that you are a Christian. The religion's reputation suffers through association with you.

You should really stop advertising the fact that you are a Christian. The religion's reputation suffers through association with you.

It’s interesting how people are playing the religion card. We can all easily find scriptures that, when taken singularly justify almost anything we want. For example, when Christians refer to God’s word as saying marriage is between a man and a woman Libs go crazy claiming we are all religious bigots. Now in this case we are all unchristian. SMH

It’s interesting how people are playing the religion card. We can all easily find scriptures that, when taken singularly justify almost anything we want. For example, when Christians refer to God’s word as saying marriage is between a man and a woman Libs go crazy claiming we are all religious bigots. Now in this case we are all unchristian. SMH

Thank you for helping make the point.

I am not sure why there has been such a long ass discussion about this abuse. Its a moral issue -- unjust policy. Its just child abuse.
Anyone who tries to rationalise it can only be a true (Trump) believer -- forget the politics of it.

I'm not saying you are all unchristian. I am saying VPM is a bad ambassador for the brand. Which many other Christians here have previously said.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Well, you don't care about kids being taken through numerous countries by themselves or with strangers. One border patrol officer said they found a 12 yr old with contraceptives because the parents knew that she would be accosted during the trip. Don't you democrats care about kids and can't you condemn the actions of these parents? If any of this did this is America we would be a jail.

Just think that the blood of Jesus can forgive and cleanse a person such as that. I believe there is no doubt that Trump had a sex problem, meaning a preoccupation that is unhealthy. Of course if a man is healthy he is interested, but most men will find one partner and not act out with many women. The problem really is access. Trump had access to many women who were willing to be with him. These women were attracted to the power and money. I've never walked in his shoes. I was lucky to find one woman who would say, "This guy is alright and I will sleep with him for the rest of our lives." In the end I am not called to judge President Trump. I will judge his actions as sinful. But I am not called to be judge and jury. I leave him up to God and pray He comes to Christ to be forgiven because this is exactly why Jesus died. He died for sinners, and that is all of us, not just the President.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Just think that the blood of Jesus can forgive and cleanse a person such as that. I believe there is no doubt that Trump had a sex problem, meaning a preoccupation that is unhealthy. Of course if a man is healthy he is interested, but most men will find one partner and not act out with many women. The problem really is access. Trump had access to many women who were willing to be with him. These women were attracted to the power and money. I've never walked in his shoes. I was lucky to find one woman who would say, "This guy is alright and I will sleep with him for the rest of our lives." In the end I am not called to judge President Trump. I will judge his actions as sinful. But I am not called to be judge and jury. I leave him up to God and pray He comes to Christ to be forgiven because this is exactly why Jesus died. He died for sinners, and that is all of us, not just the President.

And that is understanding of the world and forgiveness, not approval but forgiveness.

Well, you don't care about kids being taken through numerous countries by themselves or with strangers. One border patrol officer said they found a 12 yr old with contraceptives because the parents knew that she would be accosted during the trip. Don't you democrats care about kids and can't you condemn the actions of these parents? If any of this did this is America we would be a jail.
Huh? I can't even tell what you are accusing me of, but if it is as horrid as your tone suggests, go screw yourself.

You have no problem being judge and jury for Democrats. Hypocrite, I name you. You speak in the name of Christ, but you know him not.

Reactions: sglowrider
You shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

I'm not saying you are all unchristian. I am saying VPM is a bad ambassador for the brand. Which many other Christians here have previously said.
You're not? How does bigotry and Anti-Christianity sound in describing your views expressed here? Add hatred. Those words are a bullseye on your conduct and writing here.

The following article speaks to the executive order Trump signed yesterday. I post the article but I want to focus on this paragraph.
"The president doesn't get any Brownie points for moving from a policy of locking up kids and families separately to a policy of locking them up together," said Karen Tumlin, director of legal strategy at the National Immigration Law Center. "Let's be clear: Trump is making a crisis of his own creation worse."
Karen did not read the article which was a decent one from NPR. Trump didn't start this problem. It was because of the Flores Settlement back in 97. This was under Slick Willie's watch. Second, what Karen is really saying is that unless you just catch and release then she doesn't want to hear anything else. If the parents are being investigated because they entered the U.S. illegally I see keeping them locked up with their children as the best solution. What does catch and release say? It says our laws don't matter. Please read the article for yourself.
https://www.npr.org/2018/06/20/6220...-family-separation-what-it-does-and-doesnt-do

Translation: It was the women's fault (they ate the apple in the Garden, after all)! Trump was just a victim of temptation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT