ADVERTISEMENT

Peyton Ramsey told Northwestern...

Is it official? I know he tweeted a storybook ending but wasn't sure if that meant he was done....just done at NW and transferring....or going pro

Reactions: vesuvius13
Going pro...as a pharmaceutical sales rep. I'm really surprised he didn't stay and finish his graduate degree at Northwestern - hell, maybe he already did - the young man is definitely driven! All the best to him!

Remember, NW won 1 B1G game last year? I think. There's a reason they were not just competitive but were West Champs.

He should try his luck in the Canadien league. Could make a little cash and play some more football in the process.

Anyone know if PR want to go into coaching like his Dad?If he’s interested in business, I’m sure the IU and NU alumni networks would be very beneficial.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Good luck to PR and glad he’ll get a chance to pursue his dreams. Often heard that arm strength is not as important as decision making and accuracy for NFL QBs. Hope he gets a chance somewhere.
People said Trent Green did not have the arm to play in the NFL, too.

I wouldn't count him out, by any means.

I'm sorry, but Ramsey simply cannot cut it in today's NFL. I think you all underestimate how much he lacks arm talent. He wouldn't just have a weak arm, he would have the weakest arm in the league. But I think he'll make a phenomenal coach (also comes from a coaching family). Definitely a guy who got the absolute most out of what he was given.

I'm sorry, but Ramsey simply cannot cut it in today's NFL. I think you all underestimate how much he lacks arm talent. He wouldn't just have a weak arm, he would have the weakest arm in the league. But I think he'll make a phenomenal coach (also comes from a coaching family). Definitely a guy who got the absolute most out of what he was given.

He had the same stats last year as Mike Penix with the same weapons......yet against stronger opponents. The arm strength might not be overwhelming in the same capacity as a top pick in the draft but you make him out to be some 80yr old lady. There are definitely more people in the NFL with an equally "weak arm". lol

Last edited:
He had the same stats last year as Mike Penix with the same weapons......yet against stronger opponents. The arm strength might not be overwhelming in the same capacity as a top pick in the draft but you make him out to be some 80yr old lady. There are definitely more people in the NFL with an equally "weak arm". lol
Not my intention...definitely not an old lady, quite a tough SOB actually. Stats aren't a good indicator of next level potential. If they were Manti Teo and Scooby Wright would be the two best linebackers in the NFL right now. Tim Tebow had elite passing stats in college yet was a flop as an NFL quarterback. Josh Allen was a mediocre college QB and now he's leading one of the best passing offenses in the NFL at 25.

They also ran two different offenses. There are throws Penix is able to make with ease that Ramsey isn't able to make at all. I love the sentiment but it's just not happening and I would wager Ramsey knows that. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
They also ran two different offenses. There are throws Penix is able to make with ease that Ramsey isn't able to make at all. I love the sentiment but it's just not happening and I would wager Ramsey knows that. I hope I'm wrong.

I am referring to last season when they were both on IU. They had identical statistics that made the "he doesn't have an arm" theory go out the window. He just didn't have a coordinator until his last season at IU. Penix definitely throws harder and maintains a greater ability to find the soft zone and stand strong in the pocket while Ramsey wouldn't hesitate to just pull it down and go. Ramsey is 6'2 220 so its not like he is tiny (as you stated) but he does have an arm capable of being productive at the next level.

What I will say is he maxed out the potential of a no-good Northwestern offense because they didn't have much in the way of weapons. They're top 2 receivers this year had 290 total combined receiving yards last season while IU's top 2 receivers had 1606 yards. Peyton finished 70 yards short of being their leading rusher at 263yds, if that tells you anything.

Yes getting on the right team with an offense like the 49'ers under Bill Walsh and Peyton could make the team.

He reminds me of Bart Starr... That's some pretty good company..😉

The trick is to find a team these days that wants a "game manager" versus a "game changer" at QB... I haven't watched any pro ball this year so I don't know if a team that néeds a "game manager" even exists anymore...

Remember, NW won 1 B1G game last year? I think. There's a reason they were not just competitive but were West Champs.
Not just one. The Defense was a big part, but Peyton absolutely was key part of it. We are grateful he joined us and wish him well.

Last edited:
Not just one. The Defense was a big part, but Peyton absolutely was keof it. We are grateful he joined us and wish him well.

Are you sure? Maybe you misunderstood what I was referencing. In 2019, without Peyton, I am fairly confident NW was 1-8 in the B1G. So I said "NW won just 1 B1G game last year."

What I am saying is Peyton has always been strapped with a lot of meh but was always super productive in the win column with that lack of talent, even if it wasn't accompanied with great stats. I am not projecting him to be great in the NFL by any means but I also wouldn't be shocked if he made it on with a team and we see more than we have seen from him. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Are you sure? Maybe you misunderstood what I was referencing. In 2019, without Peyton, I am fairly confident NW was 1-8 in the B1G. So I said "NW won just 1 B1G game last year."

What I am saying is Peyton has always been strapped with a lot of meh but was always super productive in the win column with that lack of talent, even if it wasn't accompanied with great stats. I am not projecting him to be great in the NFL by any means but I also wouldn't be shocked if he made it on with a team and we see more than we have seen from him. Only time will tell.
I gave up on scouting quarterbacks when Ben Chappell didn't make it. I thought he would have a career ala Nate Sudfeld.

I gave up on scouting quarterbacks when Ben Chappell didn't make it. I thought he would have a career ala Nate Sudfeld.

🤣 Ben did seem like a poor mans Nate Sudfeld but was great in comparison to most of our QB's since Randle El (Kellen Lewis off the field issues remove him from consideration). Then again, Ben was playing under Bill Lynch for most if not all of his career. If Ben had todays offense, he is one that might've stood out even more than he did.

I think I interpreted your post as saying the turnaround was solely due to Peyton. Thanks for the clarification.

ADVERTISEMENT