ADVERTISEMENT

Peyton in the transfer portal

I wonder if a big time school like LSU would look at him with Burrow graduating. Good luck to him wherever he goes. He deserves a chance to start and that wasn't guaranteed here with Penix.

Reactions: TominDallas
Hate it for the team.

Hope he goes to Fresno, does his grad assistant work for DeBoer and comes home to IU as a coach someday.

The best coaches are the ones who weren't as physically gifted and competed through preparation. I might be a fan boy, but he's going to be a good one.

Hate it for the team.

Hope he goes to Fresno, does his grad assistant work for DeBoer and comes home to IU as a coach someday.

The best coaches are the ones who weren't as physically gifted and competed through preparation. I might be a fan boy, but he's going to be a good one.
I also think he will be a great coach. Hope to see him in back at IU coaching sooner rather than later.

TomT

I agree his choice but I think he is making a mistake. Staying here would have guaranteed a long association with IU. Fund raiser, coach, teacher, etc. They would have found a place for him.
Hope Tuttle is good cause Penix may get hurt

I hate to see him go and wish him nothing but the best. He is one tough kid and had a helluva 2019. I hope he gets a shot at pro ball after exhausting his college eligibility.

My fervent wish for the upcoming season is that: a) Penix stays healthy; and b) Tuttle is ready. 2020 could still be a special season but we just lost some critical depth and the luxury of having two experienced B1G QBs.

Tuttle was supposed to be the answer, right? Guess we are soon to find out. Like others, I just can't see MP staying healthy a whole season. Hope I'm wrong and I hope Tuttle really cranks it up. Had to be hard on a guy to go from Top 11 to 3rd string.

I wish Ramsey the best but I think it shows how good both of our returning QBs are. I hope Penix build his body to stay healthy because he is a top QB for IU to have when healthy. I also hope Tuttle improves and can be another B1G QB for IU.

Obviously he's looking at a Big 5 Conf program, correct?

Not to get too Full Metal Jacket...but he's played and won big games in "the shit".

I don't see him looking for comfort in the rear with the gear in some out of the way outpost in front of 20k.

Very interested to see where Ramsey truly winds up. Poster above asks if LSU would take him like Burrow. Truly no offense to PRamsey, but I'm guessing LSU may have a 4-5 star coming in and some legit 4 stars on bench already. I will be very surprised if he goes to a program equal or better perceived than IU as a "guaranteed starter" unless there is a program with a real QB gap that doesn't want to have to play a perhaps highly touted FR QB. As some have said and I did on another post, I'd be totally fine even happy if DeBoer wanted him at Fresno St. That would seem like a dream fit and great chance for him at a slight notch below B10 level but still good D1 that can go to a bowl and has sent guys to the pros too (though I also respectfully don't see PR going to the NFL.) If coaching is his goal, DeBoer continuation would be a tremendous fit in my view.

Timing is a little odd but completely understandable.

Peyton became one of my all time favorite HOOSIERS with his gritty performance this year. Wish him the very best wherever he lands and will cheer him on too.(unless playing IU of course)

Peyton gave so much to IU and he will always be remembered as a fantastic representative of IU football. I will always remember attending The Gator Bowl and watching Peyton move the team down the field; frequently scrambling to make something out of nothing and keep a drive alive. I wish him nothing other than the very best moving forward. Sure hope he comes back to join the coaching staff at IU some day!

He’s a winner and will do fine wherever he goes and in life.

but If he goes to a top school type of place and we’re to get beat out and Penix did suffer another injury...I still think grass isn’t always greener and he could/would be a leader here too.

We don’t play Iowa and there he could join a Cronk. Maybe that’s a real possibility?

but If he goes to a top school type of place and we’re to get beat out and Penix did suffer another injury...I still think grass isn’t always greener and he could/would be a leader here too.

We don’t play Iowa and there he could join a Cronk. Maybe that’s a real possibility?
That's one possibility I hope doesn't happen. Are they recruiting our players? When's the last time we got an Iowa player to transfer here?

Peyton has shown he is a special, high quality person. One of the best examples of a team player and heart I have seen at IU. Last year was one of the most enjoyable IU football seasons I have watched, and Peyton was a big part of it. He'll always be a Hoosier in my book.

Very interested to see where Ramsey truly winds up. Poster above asks if LSU would take him like Burrow. Truly no offense to PRamsey, but I'm guessing LSU may have a 4-5 star coming in and some legit 4 stars on bench already. I will be very surprised if he goes to a program equal or better perceived than IU as a "guaranteed starter" unless there is a program with a real QB gap that doesn't want to have to play a perhaps highly touted FR QB. As some have said and I did on another post, I'd be totally fine even happy if DeBoer wanted him at Fresno St. That would seem like a dream fit and great chance for him at a slight notch below B10 level but still good D1 that can go to a bowl and has sent guys to the pros too (though I also respectfully don't see PR going to the NFL.) If coaching is his goal, DeBoer continuation would be a tremendous fit in my view.

A 4 or 5 star has potential but Peyton has proof. Trust me, he could go to most any team that is losing their QB. I do think he likely goes to Fresno but I guess it depends what he's wanting to do.

Reactions: DANC and CC Mac

Ha That goes both ways. If Penix were to go down yet again, I bet we will be wishing we had him slotted as our starter.

Reactions: DANC

If I’m Fitzgeralds I’m on the phone with Ramseys

No, I think it just shows he wants to start. And he won't have that opportunity next fall at IU. CTA has been adamant that MP is the starter.

Can you show a quote from somewhere, anywhere... after MP got hurt the final time... where CTA has actually said or even directly implied, that MP was guaranteed to be the starter next year? I read every IU football story I see and I've not seen him say anything of that sort since MP's last game.

Peyton has shown he is a special, high quality person. One of the best examples of a team player and heart I have seen at IU. Last year was one of the most enjoyable IU football seasons I have watched, and Peyton was a big part of it. He'll always be a Hoosier in my book.
I'm torn. While I appreciate the sentiment above, the reality is when it came time to make a decision about next year he went with what was best for him, not for the team. Yes, he'll always be a Hoosier, but I think his Hoosier Legend status will be somewhat diminished.

I'm torn. While I appreciate the sentiment above, the reality is when it came time to make a decision about next year he went with what was best for him, not for the team. Yes, he'll always be a Hoosier, but I think his Hoosier Legend status will be somewhat diminished.

Ramsey's IU legacy will be mostly determined by Penix next season. If MP is healthy and tears it up, PR would've most likely been a backup all year and he made the right call for himself without costing IU. If MP gets hurt again (which I don't consider a foregone conclusion) or is ineffective and Tuttle isn't able to perform, then there'll be some sour grapes on the IU end.

PR is one of my all time favorite IU fb players for all the obvious reasons. Having said that he's not the most talented or productive players in IU history and that's the thing I respect the most about him. He came close if not completly reaching his full potential and you seldom see that in any endeavor.
Peyton Ramsey is a winner, a leader and as tough as anyone we've seen at IU.
I wish him success wherever he goes except if he plays against us and even then I'll root for him individually.

Ramsey's IU legacy will be mostly determined by Penix next season. If MP is healthy and tears it up, PR would've most likely been a backup all year and he made the right call for himself without costing IU. If MP gets hurt again (which I don't consider a foregone conclusion) or is ineffective and Tuttle isn't able to perform, then there'll be some sour grapes on the IU end.
His IU legacy is already set in stone and is a function of his own significant accomplishments.

I don't understand the "sour grapes" theory. What rational person is offended by or annoyed with a kid transferring to a school where he believes he's likely to start and is able to pursue a pro ball dream? What am I missing here?

His IU legacy is already set in stone and is a function of his own significant accomplishments.

I don't understand the "sour grapes" theory. What rational person is offended by or annoyed with a kid transferring to a school where he believes he's likely to start and is able to pursue a pro ball dream? What am I missing here?

Your or my opinion of PR might be set in stone. I still think the kid deserves a parade for what he's done and would've deserved two if he had stayed. I always tended toward him transferring and I have zero problem with it since it's not my life and I'm not in any position to decide what's best for him.

I don't think you're missing anything. But I also think that there would be a significant number of grumpy fans if MP gets hurt next year and they'd want to blame PR. It's not fair to PR if he became a scapegoat or excuse, but I think it would happen in the minds of a significant number of people. Finally, I think more people should square with the facts that (1) it's a game & (2) these are kids.

The funny thing is,some of the sour grapes are coming from posters who did nothing but harp on PR shortcomings.
Just cannot please some people.

I wonder if a big time school like LSU would look at him with Burrow graduating. Good luck to him wherever he goes. He deserves a chance to start and that wasn't guaranteed here with Penix.
Fresno State is my best guess. They need an impact QB.

Ouch but do not blame him.

Best of luck to him.

TomT
Why, he started most of the season.
Does he want to be the only Man at QB.
Likely at a non-power 5 school with a guaranteed starting QB position.
Ball State?

I expected this to happen. PR is the no 2 QB at IU. He will do well wherever he goes.
We will do well with or without. I wish he was staying but I understand if he wants to be the only starter.
Go Hoosiers!
Best wishes PR.

Reactions: red hornet
I can't help thinking that would be kind of a dick move on DeBoer's part, leave and take the QB with you.
And that could be a good reason not for him to go there. But he's free to go wherever. And what's worse: take your back up QB or your special teams coach as your DC? For me, it's the latter, and Allen and Glass seemed to be okay with Inge moving on. Doubt they'd feel much different if Ramsey goes there also, but that's just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT