ADVERTISEMENT

Petty? Pathetic? Pitiful? What say you?

I'd bet donuts to dollars that I've seen the inside - deep inside - of far, far more large, medium and small businesses than you have, and I can tell you without any question your post is bullshit, pure and simple.

I know of no business - other than a rare instance of a business owned solely by an autocrat like Trump - that would go off on a whim like you've described. I've had the opportunity to work for them and I wouldn't touch any of them . . . there's only downside, just like all of Trump's sycophants are finding out.

In most businesses a guy like Brennan - who is smart, understands the purpose of things, and who isn't shy about making his opinions fully supported with facts and sound analysis known - would be prized, not scuttled. But then most CEOs have more moxie than Trump has.

Ok, fabulous, I am pleased to have had the pleasure to have interacted with you and I will add that to my resume. Keep up the good work sunshine, but I am not sure how it turned into a locker room comparison of our things.

It is amazing how people can look at the same evidence or ... matters, and come up with complete opposite conclusions. I keep reading this heavliy left leaning board out of intrigue only, of that fact. I may agree with 20-40% of some left stuff, but how the same things are understood completely differently is, intriguing.

I don't understand what people don't comprehend about this. I don't understand how they can just ignore these dire warnings. I don't understand how they can keep making excuses. I don't understand how anyone can still support this. I never will. I read some of these people rationalizing on here every day and just shake my head. Exactly what would it take?

Ok, fabulous, I am pleased to have had the pleasure to have interacted with you and I will add that to my resume. Keep up the good work sunshine, but I am not sure how it turned into a locker room comparison of our things.

It is amazing how people can look at the same evidence or ... matters, and come up with complete opposite conclusions. I keep reading this heavliy left leaning board out of intrigue only, of that fact. I may agree with 20-40% of some left stuff, but how the same things are understood completely differently is, intriguing.

So that's the best game you can muster? Grab your balls and go home when someone shows more game than you've got on an issue?

Fine . . . .

I really don't think the board is heavily left leaning. I actually think it was pretty even before the days of Trump between conservatives and liberals. But now that's it's Trump versus the world on most topics, it's not so evenly split, I'd agree.

Reactions: sglowrider
In addition it could be the decision was made to bring them in specifically to tap down fear-mongering. So yes, they may have had a need to know.
And Need To Know would be determined by... who, exactly? Presumably in this situation it was Brennan, and it may have been a bad call to include Clarke. Easy to second guess people, or even criticize them for past decisions, but that doesn't necessarily make them "bad apples".

Another former high-ranking intelligence official weighs in. Rolf Mowatt-Larssen
Given the flammable conditions Trump himself has created in an effort to save himself from facing the truth, something had to give, eventually. The President of the United States has been soundly rebuked by a bipartisan consensus of the national security establishment. The spark was John Brennan, but the flame spread. Who would you side with, on matters of judgment: SEAL Commander Admiral William McRaven, or Donald Trump? The consensus of former top intelligence officials and prominent rank and file, or Donald Trump? The willingness of so many patriotic Americans who have dedicated their lives to serving the country to call the president out publicly — and sign their names to it — amounts to an unmistakable rising up against Trump’s form of rule.​

Another former high-ranking intelligence official weighs in. Rolf Mowatt-Larssen
Given the flammable conditions Trump himself has created in an effort to save himself from facing the truth, something had to give, eventually. The President of the United States has been soundly rebuked by a bipartisan consensus of the national security establishment. The spark was John Brennan, but the flame spread. Who would you side with, on matters of judgment: SEAL Commander Admiral William McRaven, or Donald Trump? The consensus of former top intelligence officials and prominent rank and file, or Donald Trump? The willingness of so many patriotic Americans who have dedicated their lives to serving the country to call the president out publicly — and sign their names to it — amounts to an unmistakable rising up against Trump’s form of rule.​
Yes, that's exactly right in objective reality. But I expect Trump supporters will regard it as another subversion by the Deep State trying to overthrow Trump.

Yes, that's exactly right in objective reality. But I expect Trump supporters will regard it as another subversion by the Deep State trying to overthrow Trump.

Goes without saying.... you know how wide the Deep State is?

Deep_State5_15.gif

Pisses all over six degrees of Kevin Bacon!!​

I really don't think the board is heavily left leaning. I actually think it was pretty even before the days of Trump between conservatives and liberals. But now that's it's Trump versus the world on most topics, it's not so evenly split, I'd agree.

I was not on this board during the W years.....but there were a lot more right leaning posts/posters during the Obama years than there are now. I started posting here critiquing Obama/left more often than not....But I also made pokes at the hard right conspiracy theorists (there was that one guy that was a Fed Reserve crazy...that was convinced for years we were headed towards hyperinflation).

I think it's perfectly normal for those partisans in the opposition to be more vocal than the defenders of the admin.

That said...Trump has turned a lot of things on their head...and only the true hard core partisans seem to bother even trying to defend him.

I'll note that I come from a 95%+ reliable Republican family (we have a few outliers that are reliable Ds, but very few). None of them supported him in the primary....and several quietly told me they thought he was awful throughout the campaign season. I'm sure that most all of them voted for Trump at the end of the day....because Pubs are nothing if not reliable.

That said....I've noticed that in the last 18 months....political talk just doesn't happen. Nobody touches the topic - and this is both my side and my wife's side - and both families always would historically heavily debate politics. But now....they walk by the topic like you would a dead animal on the side of the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT